Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Tominon Bellow Lens?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 9:42 pm    Post subject: Tominon Bellow Lens? Reply with quote

Is this an unusual set up?

Click here to see on Ebay

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, maybe just an enlarger lens on a bellows (at least 99% of the enlarger lenses are "flat field" lenses, AFAIK) ...
Nice for macro work (i like my Taylor-Hobson Ental II Wink ) ...

Other advices ?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Way too expensive, those can be found for $25

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a pretty cool set of bellows! It looks like they are from Minolta, but does anyone know a model number or what they were called?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tominon 105mm lenses are usually from Polaroid copiers like the MP-4 etc, optimized for macro and with coverage up to 4x5. Totally wasted on a DSLR.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ludoo wrote:
Tominon 105mm lenses are usually from Polaroid copiers like the MP-4 etc, optimized for macro and with coverage up to 4x5. Totally wasted on a DSLR.

I'm sorry to disagree but the Tominons are quite good for the price they cost and may be used with quite some good results for macro work. I have them all, also listed on my macrolenses site. They only have one drawback since they were designed to be screwed into a shutter, their M40 x 0.75mm thread mount which needs a special ring to convert them to Leica enlarger thread mount (M39).

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:
I'm sorry to disagree but the Tominons are quite good for the price they cost and may be used with quite some good results for macro work. I have them all, also listed on my macrolenses site. They only have one drawback since they were designed to be screwed into a shutter, their M40 x 0.75mm thread mount which needs a special ring to convert them to Leica enlarger thread mount (M39).

Well sure they're good, I did not mean wasted as in low quality. I just meant that since they have ample coverage and are reasonably cheap, they are great to convert automatic plastic-lens Polaroids, or to build cheap LF cameras. A DSLR does not need 4x5 coverage. Smile

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scheimpflug wrote:
That's a pretty cool set of bellows! It looks like they are from Minolta, but does anyone know a model number or what they were called?

Minolta Compact Bellows. Lightweight but remarkably sturdy. No aperture linkage. Nice to use with a Minolta to M42 or M39 adapter.

http://www.pbase.com/pganzel/image/61017815

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info. Cool