Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Soligor 3 inch f/1.5
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:07 am    Post subject: Soligor 3 inch f/1.5 Reply with quote

One of my latest c mount lenses.

Serial number FT 325

Test shot "Dagros"

This is by the way my first post on MFlenses Razz

Last edited by Nordentro on Thu Sep 16, 2010 5:46 pm; edited 9 times in total

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:13 am    Post subject: Re: Soligor 75mm f/1.5 +PEN Reply with quote

Nordentro wrote:
One of my latest c mount lenses.

Test shot "Dagros"

This is by the way my first post on MFlenses Razz

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome! Impressive lens Shocked

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 1:58 pm    Post subject: 75mm lens Reply with quote

Good one! That was wide open? I am envious as I have failed, so far, to lose my head at auctions for these fine lenses!

There is the perennial problem of reflections affecting the off centre area. The best method to combat this is the restricting aperture attached to the lens or the mount adapter. I have forgotten the name but Konica lenses in particular have them. They are generally shaped like the intended viewing proportion, so a 4:3 rectangle? They should not affect the speed or T value of the lens so may require a bit of fitting. Black matt plastic or paper would do?

Can someone else help the OP?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:11 pm    Post subject: Re: 75mm lens Reply with quote

pat donnelly wrote:
Good one! That was wide open? I am envious as I have failed, so far, to lose my head at auctions for these fine lenses!

There is the perennial problem of reflections affecting the off centre area. The best method to combat this is the restricting aperture attached to the lens or the mount adapter. I have forgotten the name but Konica lenses in particular have them. They are generally shaped like the intended viewing proportion, so a 4:3 rectangle? They should not affect the speed or T value of the lens so may require a bit of fitting. Black matt plastic or paper would do?

Can someone else help the OP?

About 20 meters (60 feet?) from object. Wink Wide open, or close to wide open. Very Happy Difficult to remember when used to exif data Razz

I love the swirly bokeh and the slitly light loss to the corners.

I have more test samples, but i can't find the "upload image" button in the editor?!? (uploading to server and link > img is so inconvenient Wink

Edit: wow, the butten showed up suddenly Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A couple more... Wink

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 12:08 am    Post subject: Re: 75mm lens Reply with quote

pat donnelly wrote:

Do you mean like this?

That's the baffle on the back of my 300mm Minolta...

Great looking lens, Nordentro! Thanks for posting the picture of it mounted too. Cool

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superb sharpnest!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 5:47 am    Post subject: Baffle! Reply with quote

Schimpflug

YES! Thanks, it is discussed in greater detail on one of the great Wrotniak pages where he tests the OM Zuiko lenses with 4/3 sensors. There was also discussion in other posts here, I believe?

The reflections do not add to the bokeh or bouquet, but distract a little. It depends on the effect that is intended by the user of course and sometimes it can help obscure a distracting background.

I would not advise removing a baffle unless you are able to replace it but the differences between absence and prescence might be instructive? I believe that the faster the lens, the more light bounces around so maybe stopping down may also remove it?

Sorry for being so scattered. I am clinically depressed and can often find myself lost for recollections.

Last edited by pat donnelly on Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:39 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 5:51 am    Post subject: 75mm lens Reply with quote

Really sharp lens. Well found and thanks for posting!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thx, I like this lens a lot Wink

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Soligor 75mm f/1.5 with Canon c-mount 2x converter Wink

Wink

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a few converters for c mounts.

They lose a bit of light, but also help diminish the vignetting. Haven't tried them all, too busy trying to buy cheaply!

Some are an atrocious price.

Have you tried the zooms? Most vignette badly, so I am hoping that the doubler or better, the 1.5 converter will deal with that. Some zooms have a very small vignette.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have only tried this Canon zoom extender 2x. It works pretty good together with the 75mm/ f1.5, but it wont work with most of my other c mounts because the elements are touching each other. Vignetting is more or less the same with the extender or not. Wink

Another with 2x

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent!

These lenses are worth getting, also compatible with the Sony and other small sensor EVIL cameras to come!

Looking forward to a Nikon if it has a smaller than 4/3 sensor: no vignette! Vapourware at the moment.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

we just have to build up the lens arsenal before liftoff Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dusty, but here is that little thing Razz

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A little update from this lens Wink

Kidz grow fast! Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow for both your baby and lens too, what eyes !

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fresh from today Wink

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very pretty! She has her mother's eyes. Wink

Is this the chrome plated copper lens?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the black and silver Very Happy
thx Wink

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is taken with OM-D

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trully excellent , modells surely help Wink