Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

SMC Pentax 1:2/28 "Distagon" mixed photos
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 4:46 pm    Post subject: SMC Pentax 1:2/28 "Distagon" mixed photos Reply with quote

Today was a bit difficult due to the very strong wind, so nothing special to see, but here you go Smile

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great stuff! The colours and general sense of depth are awe inspiring. Im still waiting for my first canon so I can try out the C/Y version. If I can capture anything that even comes close to these pictures I will be a very happy man. Very Happy

I can't stop staring at that last picture, it feels like I could actually cross that road.

Keep em coming please!

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

beautiful! especially 1st and 3rd one are very striking.

Groetjes
Tobias

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

very nice series, 3D on pentax!

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the kind words! I like the lens more and more each time I use it, so here are a few more examples.

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really nice work. I keep going back for another look.

A great lense, but you also know how to use it.

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure the amount of people searching for this lens on ebay has just tripled.

How do you find it on a crop sensor? Do you think you could cart it around with you all day as your "normal" lens or is it a bit too unwieldy?

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

conor12 wrote:
I'm pretty sure the amount of people searching for this lens on ebay has just tripled.

I'm sorry; too bad the number of available lenses has not tripled too. It still is quite uncommon to find one. One usually just stumbles across one without specificially looking for it.

Quote:

How do you find it on a crop sensor? Do you think you could cart it around with you all day as your "normal" lens or is it a bit too unwieldy?

I would think it's a bit on the heavy side to act as a "normal" lens. On the other hand it balances quite well on my K20D + grip, so I could really use it as my everyday lens. The ~42mm FOV (35mm equivalent) is actually quite nice, but it must fit in your photographic style of course.

I should try it on my 5D (although I know it won't work well without removing the diaphragm lever, something I'm not really eager to do).

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peter
You make all your lenses look good, but in this case it looks as though you have a legend in the making. What stunning results

patrickh

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stunning result indeed, you are one of the best photographer what I known. Many thanks for sharing them!

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once again, a fine set of images.

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spotmatic --- always SPOT ON! Smile

So you should be renamed on SPOT-ON-MATIC Smile

you're automatically spot on, no matter what lens is used..

tf

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have just moved and I was surprised to find roses in our new back garden. So here are a few casual shots with the SMC Pentax 1:2/28... Smile

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All are gorgeous shots, but in the last set the white roses is my fave!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice indeed.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spotmatic wrote:

thats 3D! stunning!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really excellent.

I bet you could take a nice picture with a coke bottle. Not to take anything away from the nice lenses.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now here's some serious 3D look of the grassy plant through the bench!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
Now here's some serious 3D look of the grassy plant through the bench!

yeah, that's exactly what i meant!