Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Kiron 70-210:4 Zoomlock or Vivitar (Kironmade) 70-210:3.5?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 1:08 pm    Post subject: Kiron 70-210:4 Zoomlock or Vivitar (Kironmade) 70-210:3.5? Reply with quote

Hi,

I have a Kiron 70-210:4 Zoomlock for my Nikon. Haven't used it a lot up till now. Now I've found an M42-mount Vivitar 70-210:3.5 (Kiron-made). Will this one perform better or not on my Nikon? I have the M42->Nikon-adapter.
If not, I'll leave it this way, otherwise I might sell the Zoomlock.

Thanx in advance.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What kind of M42->Nikon adapter do you have?

The ones without optics leave you unable to focus to infinity, and the ones with optics can degrade the image quality...

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep the Kiron 4/70-210. It is a fantastic lens, one of the best MF tele zoom lenses.
BTW any M42 lens will cause problems on your Nikon, just as Scheimpflug has put it.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanx both. I have one without the optics, so can't focus to infinity. That isn't a problem for me (I currently have 2 M42-lenses: A Helios 44M2 and a Kenlock (which isn't functioning anymore (see my thread of last week) and with those I don't need them to focus on infinity).

I'll leave the 70-210:3.5 behind and won't bother with it.