Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Hygrometer to control humidity in lens storage boxes
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:10 pm    Post subject: Hygrometer to control humidity in lens storage boxes Reply with quote

I found a quite good one on reasonable price I did start to re-sell them.

Click here to see on Ebay

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the hint! I wasn't looking for one, but now I need them! Wink

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ordered one couple days ago, after reading a post here!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like a great product! Hmm... might have to think about these... It would be particularly interesting to have one with the lenses (inside a clear container), and one outside.

(By the way, Attila, the link in the auction doesn't work... the one that should link back to a forum post here.)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scheimpflug wrote:
Looks like a great product! Hmm... might have to think about these... It would be particularly interesting to have one with the lenses (inside a clear container), and one outside.

(By the way, Attila, the link in the auction doesn't work... the one that should link back to a forum post here.)

Thank you for warn me about wrong link. I also use one in room and one in each box. I forgot to note in auction description many of them what you can find not works well. I am over on a couple of one what I bought from 3-4 different types 2 types are crappy.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is a handsome unit! Does it have any features, such as max/min memory?

Here is what I use (costs more, twice the size): http://www.nationalmarineproducts.com/Compact_Hygro_Thermometer_Clock_p/16229.htm It has min/max memory, plus clock & (clock-only Sad) alarm, temperature in C or F, time in 12 or 24hr. I have three of them, two in dry boxes, one sits on my desk. Use single AAA battery. Over two years on same cheap AAA that came with it, still going strong.

There is a model without clock: http://www.nationalmarineproducts.com/Compact_Hygro_Thermometer_p/16230.htm

(PS not trying to undermine sales here. Attila's is very compact, has nice big easy to see numbers, battery probably lasts forever. An excellent product imho.)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't know it has min max my current one what I use it have this feature but I did look I guess only one times. What is important me accuracy and how fast changing measured value, because if open window at winter time important to see changes soon as possible. I have mixed experience in both field some of them accurate +-3-5% usually and follow changes fast some other not.