Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Extracting a lens from a Nikon F
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 5:19 pm    Post subject: Extracting a lens from a Nikon F Reply with quote

The release mechanism on my Nikon F seems to have corroded, so I can't take the Nikkor 105/2.5 off it. Is it possible to take the camera apart to release the lens? Any ideas? Or am I just stuck with a fixed lens/camera combination?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about some WD40? Just a wild guess...

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is the lock slot on the 105/2.5 a "cut" that goes all the way to the edge of the mount, or is it an oval hole?

If it is a cut, then some lenses expose this cut to the outside. You could take a tiny flatblade jewelers screwdriver and push it into the slot from the side, forcing the release pin back into the camera and allowing you to rotate the lens to release it.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

20-inch pipe wrench?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried WD40 but I think there must be a link that has corroded through.

There is a cut in the side so perhaps I will be in luck. Now I need to find the spanner .....

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PaulC wrote:
Now I need to find the spanner .....

Don't use a spanner! Shocked

Just a small screwdriver, to push the pin back down into the camera body. It should then rotate off by hand.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That method works well. I have gotten a T mount sruck on my body & used the small flat bladed screwdriver inserted in the slot to depress the pin, thus relesing the lens...Good luck!!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spanner? Shocked It must have been the beer talking. I got the screwdriver and the lens is free. Thanks for the help.