Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Bessa, Canon 50/1.8 and Kodak Gold 200
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:56 pm    Post subject: Bessa, Canon 50/1.8 and Kodak Gold 200 Reply with quote

Cheap is cheap, right?

Doug: do you see same scan issues as in the SP1000 shots?

Last edited by fish4570 on Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think unsharpness may be me hammering the shutter. My right forefinger and my right thumb often have minds of their own. Confused
Looks to me like the stop sign is not quit sharp ...

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I couldn't get you what is your problem here ? Looks both are ok to me. I prefer first one.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila, I swapped out the best of the two stop sign shots I had made. The one you are seeing now is much sharper.
In the SP1000 thread, doug noticed some possible scanning issues. That is why I posed the question that way. Looks like this roll from the Bessa got a much better scanning job ...

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see , thanks!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree that to me - and who is to say my aged eyes do nor deceive me - this is much better Smile

Doug

fish4570 wrote:
Attila, I swapped out the best of the two stop sign shots I had made. The one you are seeing now is much sharper.
In the SP1000 thread, doug noticed some possible scanning issues. That is why I posed the question that way. Looks like this roll from the Bessa got a much better scanning job ...

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the Bessa roll is better scanned - and perhaps better exposed. I did some PP with the better stop sign pic, too. The leaf shot I might have juiced the saturation just a tad. I wonder if my handheld meter on incident, which I used for the SP1000 shots, is calling for a stop or so of overexposure, or the effect is such because of bright sunshine and deep green shadows. My Bessa meter seldom does me wrong. I just set the exposure for the brightest expanse in the frame, then maybe woggle a stop or half stop from experience ...

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fish4570 wrote:
I think unsharpness may be me hammering the shutter. My right forefinger and my right thumb often have minds of their own. Confused

And you shoot rifles? Shocked

Paul, could you please resize your second pic in line with the posting guidelines - max 1024 wide, or else move it to the Oversized Gallery. Thanks.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okie-dokie. Photo is resized.

Peter, with my cameras, the shutter is pressed by the tip of the foremost pad on my right forefinger, which has little feeling in it.
The shutter trip is measured in ounces, I would imagine, especially on the Bessa, which has a light "trigger" and is light in weight to boot. So when I press the shutter button I might push or even tap harder than necessary - because of the lack of touch - which trips the shutter and can move the camera off axis, too. (I am ordering a soft release for the Bessa, which should give me a little more feel because of a larger surface area, and a bit of a mechanical advantage.)
As for firearms, the first crook of my forefinger - on either hand; I can shoot almost equally well from either side - is what pulls the trigger. There is a great diffrence in the mechanics of pushing a shutter button and pulling a trigger. I also have more feel in the first crook/joint.
Nevertheless, I have given up most hunting because of the potential for foot clumsiness - caused by the CIDP - when carrying a firearm, especially early and late in the day. Also, I no longer carry a sidearm because of the same potential for accidental harm. Crying or Very sad
I DO still shoot my .22 bolt rifle occasionally. Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK - it's just that I was taught to squeeze a trigger, not pull it. Smile

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nemesis101 wrote:
fish4570 wrote:

I agree that to me - and who is to say my aged eyes do nor deceive me - this is much better Smile

Doug

Yep, I agree - these are much better scans. Cool

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Squeeze, yes, but mechanically a "pull ..." Laughing