Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Bulk Loader
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:28 pm    Post subject: Bulk Loader Reply with quote

I did start to use bulk loader to get cheaper rolls from b&w films, I did worry about scratches on emulsion if I use old cartridges. I did clean loader and each cartridges with compressed air. Works great, no worry.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, cleanliness is the word. A tiny particle of grit will get you tram lines Sad, it occurred to me. Also make sure the work bench is clean too. Of course the loader must be loaded in TOTAL darkness.

Cheers, M.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another trick to prevent scratches is to load the spool outside the cassette, and then put it in and snap on the cap once it is fully wound. It is a bit more of a hassle, as it must be done in a darkroom or changing bag, but it saves the film one trip through the felt.

Likewise, if you bulk load in the darkroom direct from the bulk spool to the cassette spool, you can save a trip through the felt in the bulk loader as well, so TWO less trips through felt.

Switch to labyrinth cassettes, and you can cut out the last two felt passes (when the film is in the camera) - and have no felt contact at all. Cool

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you use compressed air from a can?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mmelvis wrote:
Do you use compressed air from a can?

Yes, first press onto my hands and when it is dry already (I can realize on my skin) next press to cartridge.