Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Fun with the Kodak signet wide angle 35/3.5
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:14 am    Post subject: Fun with the Kodak signet wide angle 35/3.5 Reply with quote

I love this lens,it really works well in the shade....and in the rose garden.
#1 I wish the cat would hold still.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good detail !

Surprised

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love the last one!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, these are great! Shocked

Are you still just holding this lens up against the camera, or have you figured out a mount adapter?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scheimpflug wrote:

Are you still just holding this lens up against the camera, or have you figured out a mount adapter?

I still hold it against the camera...I don't think I will touch the mount or try to adapt it... as to hold it onto the camera is not a big issue....and as you can see you get decent results.It is a small enough lens to hold between two fingers while the rest of the hand still grips the camera.
I am wondering does anyone else on the forum have one of these lenses so we could compare images?
The lens seems to pick up the softness of the rose petals extremely well.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed very nice results, I like a lot the colours rendering!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scheimpflug wrote:

+1 great images!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mo wrote:
Scheimpflug wrote:

I still hold it against the camera...I don't think I will touch the mount or try to adapt it... as to hold it onto the camera is not a big issue....and as you can see you get decent results.It is a small enough lens to hold between two fingers while the rest of the hand still grips the camera.
I am wondering does anyone else on the forum have one of these lenses so we could compare images?
The lens seems to pick up the softness of the rose petals extremely well.

Moira, I own a Signette, but my plans are to fix it and use film on it rather than taking the lens out Wink..

But if during the process I end getting a disassembled lens, don't worry that I'll try the fingermount adapter as you did. Wink

Regards.
Jes.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your comments,I am lucky Jes as this is from the Signet 80 a camera with interchangeable lenses.I will certainly be looking out for any more like this lens...I can honestly say it was a spur of the moment buy that turned out to be a far better deal than the money I spent.
Here it is in a little more detail
#1 The finger grip...Laughing

#2 The mount itself...it is about 7-8mm from the top of the little pin to the 16 that you can see....this is what sits inside the camera.

#3 The EV scale...I set it to 125 and when you move the aperture it changes accordingly.(I am not sure if it works or not)

#4 Another little button just above the mount.

#5 The blades don't look to good ...I am not sure of the discoloration?