Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Please help to find a correct adapter
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:37 am    Post subject: Please help to find a correct adapter Reply with quote

I got this manual lens Bushnell(Division of Bausch and Lomb) 1:3.5 f=70~220mm Automatic Macro and Zoom. I want to use this lens on my Canon Rebel XS. I need somebody to help me to identify what is the mount on this lens and what is the correct adapter that i can buy to be able to used this.

Thanks in advance.

[/img]

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:42 am    Post subject: Re: Please help to find a correct adapter Reply with quote

welcome!

Last edited by poilu on Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:49 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is that a M42 lens with a Pentax K adapter on it? Question

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scheimpflug wrote:
Is that a M42 lens with a Pentax K adapter on it? Question

I think So.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like it to me ...lucky you, You have scored an M42 lens with hopefully a k mount adapter on it Very Happy You should be able to remove the silver adapter with some force...rubber glove for better grip or pop it in a k mount camera and unscrew the lens and take the k mount adapter off the camera.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys for all your input, I will give a try to remove the adapter when I got home and will update later. If it's m42, any suggestion of good adapter for canon rebel xs adapter.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

accessdenied wrote:
Thanks guys for all your input, I will give a try to remove the adapter when I got home and will update later. If it's m42, any suggestion of good adapter for canon rebel xs adapter.

Most chrome M42 to Canon EOS adaptor with(or without) flange works well. You may consider these with AF confirm chip installed. Check the sticky Mount Adapter Reviews post.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried to remove the mount on top of lens and you are all correct guys there is K-mount adapter and the original mount is M42.

If looking at this M42 adapter for Canon, any comment if this is good. thanks.

http://www.amazon.com/Fotodiox-Adapter-Dandelion-Confirmation-cameras/dp/B003GE490E/ref=cm_cmu_pg__header

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it is an original Pentax k mount adapter you could sell it and make some money back.In Australia the originals sell for a ridiculous amount of money.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info Mo, i will post if i decided to sell.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

accessdenied wrote:
I tried to remove the mount on top of lens and you are all correct guys there is K-mount adapter and the original mount is M42.

If looking at this M42 adapter for Canon, any comment if this is good. thanks.

http://www.amazon.com/Fotodiox-Adapter-Dandelion-Confirmation-cameras/dp/B003GE490E/ref=cm_cmu_pg__header

It is ok as it is made of brass.
http://www.fotodiox.com/product_info.php?products_id=39

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Calvin83, i will order this one and give a try. Anyway it's not that much money. Will post some results later. This forum is very helpful. Keep up the good work.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all your help guys, got the adapter and tried a few shots. Not bad, i am impress with the pictures considering everything needs to be done manually. I post a couple of sample pictures. Taken almost 5km away.