Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Was that a bargain or what?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:27 am    Post subject: Was that a bargain or what? Reply with quote

Hello, this is my first topic on this forum.
I wanted to register earlier on but didn't have anything to start with. Well, now I have. Today I've bought a nice little set.

Auto Chinon 50/1.9 (chinon fit[?])
Vivitar 135/2.8 (olympus fit)
Miranda MC Macro 75-300/4.5-5.6 (Pentax fit)
Super OZECK II MC 75-250/4.5 (canon fit)
Chinon CM-4s Body
bag + filters..

I've bought it for 35 pounds. How much is this set worth? Was it a good buy or did I just waste my money?

I will propably sell some of them on, but I wish to keep the Vivitar, what is the best way to mount it on Nikon? And is that the 'famous' 135/2.8 one?

By looking at the pictures, can you tell me if I got the mounts right? Or if they're different?

Here are some pictures:

Chinon:

Chinon Body:

Miranda:

Super OZECK II:

Vivitar:

Extras:

The pictures don't seem to work, go to:
www.wojciechcichocki.co.uk/foto.html

Last edited by wcichocki on Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:54 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:48 am    Post subject: Re: Was that a bargain or what? Reply with quote

wcichocki said

wcichocki wrote:
Hello, this is my first topic on this forum.
I wanted to register earlier on but didn't have anything to start with. Well, now I have. Today I've bought a nice little set.

Auto Chinon 50/1.9 (chinon fit[?])
Vivitar 135/2.8 (olympus fit)
Miranda MC Macro 75-300/4.5-5.6 (Pentax fit)
Super OZECK II MC 75-250/4.5 (canon fit)
Chinon CM-4s Body
bag + filters..

I've bought it for 35 pounds. How much is this set worth? Was it a good buy or did I just waste my money?

I will propably sell some of them on, but I wish to keep the Vivitar, what is the best way to mount it on Nikon? And is that the 'famous' 135/2.8 one?

By looking at the pictures, can you tell me if I got the mounts right? Or if they're different?

Here are some pictures:
Chinon:

Chinon Body:

Miranda:

Super OZECK II:

Vivitar:

Extras:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the forums, wcichocki! Cool There is an anti-spam measure that prevents new users from posting images.. don't worry, it happens to everyone.

The Chinon lens and body should both be K-mount, and the OZECK is Canon FD.

The Vivitar will be a bit difficult to adapt to Nikon... You could adapt it with a "mechanical" adapter and lose the ability to focus to infinity, or with an adapter with optics and take a hit to the image quality (how large or small depends on the quality of the adapter, and varies between lenses). A mechanical adaptation would be the best, but expensive and intrusive, and potentially ruining the resale value of the lens depending on how it was done... To be honest, your best bet would be to sell the Vivitar as well, and use the proceeds to fund the purchase of one in the right mount. Wink

On the Chinon body, I see a touch of rust on the strap loops, and possibly deterioration on the mirror foam. Have you tested it to see if it is in working condition?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scheimpflug wrote:
Welcome to the forums, wcichocki! Cool There is an anti-spam measure that prevents new users from posting images.. don't worry, it happens to everyone.

The Chinon lens and body should both be K-mount, and the OZECK is Canon FD.

The Vivitar will be a bit difficult to adapt to Nikon... You could adapt it with a "mechanical" adapter and lose the ability to focus to infinity, or with an adapter with optics and take a hit to the image quality (how large or small depends on the quality of the adapter, and varies between lenses). A mechanical adaptation would be the best, but expensive and intrusive, and potentially ruining the resale value of the lens depending on how it was done... To be honest, your best bet would be to sell the Vivitar as well, and use the proceeds to fund the purchase of one in the right mount. Wink

On the Chinon body, I see a touch of rust on the strap loops, and possibly deterioration on the mirror foam. Have you tested it to see if it is in working condition?

Hello,
I don't know much about analog body, but it seems to be working fine.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

maybe not the best buy. Individually the items won't command much money. It would have been wise to have posted to this group before purchasing. Unfortunately, the Nikon is maybe the most difficult to use with manual focus lenses, unless they're Nikon mount, and not even all Nikon mounts. The registration distance (distance to sensor plane) is greater for Nikon than most other lenses. You really want the opposite when converting lenses.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scheimpflug wrote:

...Or you could (somewhat) simply replace the mount entirely via Leitax.
http://www.leitax.com/OlympusOM-lens-for-Nikon-cameras.html

However.. yes, as this particular lens isn't overly expensive, one is better off finding another sample with a Nikon mount. Swapping out the mounts on third party lenses makes far more sense with rarer and/or more expensive lenses (e.g. Angenieux, Voightlander, etc.).

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andrew G. wrote:

Yes, that is what I was getting at with the last option, but re-reading it I didn't say it very clearly. Wink But I figured it would be a custom job, fabricating something to match... Does Leitax make mount replacements for third party lenses now?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andrew G. wrote:
Scheimpflug wrote:

However.. yes, as this particular lens isn't overly expensive, one is better off finding another sample with a Nikon mount. Swapping out the mounts on third party lenses makes far more sense with rarer and/or more expensive lenses (e.g. Angenieux, Voightlander, etc.).

Expensive option, I will sell it on and get a Nikon mount. Hopefully I'll get more than I paid for it Very Happy