Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Cross processing imitation with my Zuiko 14-45mm kit lens
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:33 pm    Post subject: Cross processing imitation with my Zuiko 14-45mm kit lens Reply with quote

My first attempt in street photography. What do you think of the cross processed image? Please give me some advise, if you think it can be improved Confused Tell me if it is too red-orange, dark, vignetting etc...

E-510 + Zuiko 14-15mm
ISO 200, at 45mm f5.6, 1/1000s

Original after conversion from RAW to TIFF.

Final image - processed in PSE 8 + LR3

Thx!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another version:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

#2 (the cross process imitation) is definitely better than #1. The color shift from grey to brown tones really adds a lot to the mood. Cool

#3 is a bit too much for me... mostly the bright sky and the super saturated yellows. But on the other hand, I like what happened with the lower third... the darkening of the edges, the loss of detail, the noise, etc. Especially in the very bottom and bottom edges, this processing makes me look past the foreground, and look deeper into the center of the picture (which I think is good), whereas with #1 and #2, I keep looking at the people and activities on the lower edges.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello. I think the 2nd one looks more like a cross processed film might look.
I say "might" because is hard to tell, any film will probably look different if x-processed. The first one looks to me more like a color film shot thru an orange filter and given a regular process. That said I like #2. I would run a search thru f***kr with "cross process" or "x pro" as keywords, you should find lots of examples of what the various films look when x-processed, that could help in making your mind.

Cheers, M.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers folks. I appreciate the feedback. I got my inspirations from Bruno Moyen. Have a look at this site here:

http://www.brunomoyen.com/brunomoyen/A_State_of_Mind.html

Especially this one which I really like:
http://www.brunomoyen.com/brunomoyen/A_State_of_Mind.html#18

This guy's work was featured in AP magazine.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stingOM wrote:
Cheers folks. I appreciate the feedback. I got my inspirations from Bruno Moyen. Have a look at this site here:

http://www.brunomoyen.com/brunomoyen/A_State_of_Mind.html

Especially this one which I really like:
http://www.brunomoyen.com/brunomoyen/A_State_of_Mind.html#18

This guy's work was featured in AP magazine.

That's a great piece of work. Thanks for sharing. I bookmarked for later more accurate review.

M.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My final rendition which basically a toned down version.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good job. I like this one better.
M.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks folks for all your comments!

Here's the original - I am after something different after a long spell of looking at "real" unadulterated photos! I was not into phoshop to start with but I am getting bored at producing a replica of reality.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stingOM wrote:
Thanks folks for all your comments!

Here's the original - I am after something different after a long spell of looking at "real" unadulterated photos! I was not into phoshop to start with but I am getting bored at producing a replica of reality.

Well, the premises are good. Good luck for your pursuit Smile.

Cheers, M.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well... it's always good to try something new out, but there's already nice cross process imitation in Color Efex PS plugin Wink

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where was this taken?

the streets and shops (and even many signs) look like Colchester or Canterbury or York in the UK but the cars most certainly have non UK plates.. I am intrigued!

I cannot make out enough detail to accurately see what the native language is!

Doug

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Where was this taken?

the streets and shops (and even many signs) look like Colchester or Canterbury or York in the UK but the cars most certainly have non UK plates.. I am intrigued!

Doug

from the number plates and "supermacs" i would hazard a guess at it being somewhere in ireland

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aha!

Smile

Doug

135 wrote:
Quote:
Where was this taken?

Doug

from the number plates and "supermacs" i would hazard a guess at it being somewhere in ireland

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Armagh

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually it's in Co. Clare, Republic of Ireland.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ennis

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the second version. Razz