Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Tamron 24mm f2.8 vs Sigma 400mm f5.6 APO
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:59 pm    Post subject: Tamron 24mm f2.8 vs Sigma 400mm f5.6 APO Reply with quote

I got bought dirt cheap, Tamron was not described and it had crappy picture. Sigma has fungus and Canon FD mount both went on silly price 21 GBP and 20 USD Shocked

Even if weather was crappy I couldn't resist to make at least one capture with them image quality is crappy good only for presentation how long a 400mm lens on Panasonic G1 body. Both shoot made from same position handheld ISO 640 noisy removed , contrast improved etc, but not sharpened.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The result from the Sigma 400mm really isn't too bad... and it improves a lot with just a bit of sharpening. For just US $20, I would be happy with it. It probably cost you more to ship it than to buy it! Very Happy

How bad is the fungus?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

24mm vs 400mm is like a Golf vs School Bus Smile who beats who? Smile

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vulko wrote:
24mm vs 400mm is like a Golf vs School Bus Smile who beats who? Smile

Laughing Yes. 24mm was good to demonstrate subject is how far.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scheimpflug wrote:
The result from the Sigma 400mm really isn't too bad... and it improves a lot with just a bit of sharpening. For just US $20, I would be happy with it. It probably cost you more to ship it than to buy it! Very Happy

How bad is the fungus?

Not serious three oily spots on rare lens tag.

I had this lens before without APO. Small like a 200-300mm lens light weight and very capable performer vs all 400mm lens below 500 USD.

Taken with my previous lens.

http://www.mflenses.com/gallery/v/japenese/sigma/sigma_400mm_f5_6/