Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

CZ Planar 50/1.4 rubber grip replacement...
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 5:12 pm    Post subject: CZ Planar 50/1.4 rubber grip replacement... Reply with quote

I mentioned in another thread, there was a cheap (50 €) copy of this lens on my local ad site and I managed to buy it. (the seller even told me there was no interest for it, which surprised me)
I was afraid it has fungus, but it arrived with clean optics, just some fine dust particles between the elements, quite noticeable in strong light, but not otherwise. It was used extensively but seems always with a UV filter on it, so the glass is ok... But cosmetical condition is far from perfect however. There's no aperture rubber grip and the focus grip is damaged in one place, as seen.

Does anyone have any ideas on replacing the rubber grips? I guess the best idea would be to buy some replacement grips from a similar lens on ebay and glue them to the lens?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

get some canon cheap FD lens --- they have very similar these parts Smile

that's why I love Canon FD -- they have a few similarities with Contax lenses Smile

Ok - just a few Smile

tf

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought an optically useless (bad glass as elements parted) Vivitar zoom - as it had about - 5 6 inches of rubber grip - and carefully stretched this off, then cut it down to size with a craft knife and used PLIOBOND to re-rubber otherwise fine Zeiss and Olympus lenses. I have also used double sided carpet tape to good effect as the adhesive.

Doug

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've used sections of bicycle inner tube for grips. It's nice soft rubber, and it stretches enough that you don't need any adhesives to put it on. Cool

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the advice, gentlemen. I'll see if I can find some appropriate rubber locally.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm bringing this old thread back to life as it seems to be the only thread about fixing rubber grips with any actual discussion in it.

Would a professional repair man have the material needed to replace a rubber grip? I've found a bargain priced Tamron SP 180/2.5 but the rubber grip need replacing, and I don't want to buy the lens before I know that I can restore it cosmetically.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you find some replacement let me know I have same problem with Planar 50 1.7