Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Olympus G.Zuiko Auto-S 50mm f1.4
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:58 am    Post subject: Olympus G.Zuiko Auto-S 50mm f1.4 Reply with quote

Got this with my Olympus FTL camera today. Pictures of camera and lens taken after a good cleaning, which involved vinegar, alcohol, windex and lighter fluid.

Images taken mounted on Sony DSLR.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked wow you made them sparkle,I like the colors and bokeh.Where does the FTL come in the Olympus line up?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:50 am    Post subject: Re: Olympus G.Zuiko Auto-S 50mm f1.4 Reply with quote

Kathmandu wrote:
Pictures of camera and lens taken after a good cleaning, which involved vinegar, alcohol, windex and lighter fluid.

Sounds like quite a process! Any chance you took any "Before" pictures?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mo wrote:
Shocked wow you made them sparkle,I like the colors and bokeh.Where does the FTL come in the Olympus line up?

http://www.olympus-global.com/en/corc/history/camera/om.cfm

Thank you.The above link from Olympus is very informative as far as the historical line up. Aside from good quality I love it is because its in M42 Smile

Scheimpflug wrote:
Sounds like quite a process! Any chance you took any "Before" pictures?

Unfortunately I did not,because the moment I received it,I wanted to clean it-it had marks of corrosion on the camera body, and it was dirty. I will be cleaning it some more when I have some time. I have a picture below from the place I bought it -its not the greatest image

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great link thank you! And a great camera by the look of it. Smile

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mo wrote:
Great link thank you! And a great camera by the look of it. Smile

Its a rare camera and was not cheap for the state it was in-Thanks, and how did your lens mount project come out-any sample shots?

More examples from the lens:

I am loving this lens ,and happy with the investment .It holds its own amongst the best of my f1.4s Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have not put much effort other than thought into it.Life has been busy Sad I love the results from those lenses you have a good buy!