Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Vivitar Series 1 70-210mm f2.8-4.0
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:45 am    Post subject: Vivitar Series 1 70-210mm f2.8-4.0 Reply with quote

Hi

I just this from a trade. It seems when shooting reflective stuff as shown , CA is very strong even I stop down to about f11. Is it a common problem? I thought Series 1 should be of high quality ?

at 2.8

at abt f11 (scale did not shows clearly )

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I certainly haven't seen this with my Komine version of the 70-210/2.8-4.0. Is yours the Cosina version? What diameter are the filter threads? Does it have "Vivitar" or "Series 1" molded into the grip?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What camera are you using it with? I have found that certain sensors seem to show more CA than others, also the sensor size will play a part as smaller sensors magnify the image defects.

It seems that things such as moire filters, dust reduction filters and actual micro lens design of the sensor can have an effect on CA and that certain lenses will display worse CA than others and can look bad on one camera but look fine on others due to some kind of clash between sensor and optical design.

For example, my Tokina version of this lens has a lot of CA on my Panasonic G1 but not much on my Canon 350d

My Kiron version of this lens however has much less CA on the G1, there must be certain lens formulas that my G1 just doesn't get along with.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fatdeeman wrote:
What camera are you using it with? I have found that certain sensors seem to show more CA than others, also the sensor size will play a part as smaller sensors magnify the image defects.

It seems that things such as moire filters, dust reduction filters and actual micro lens design of the sensor can have an effect on CA and that certain lenses will display worse CA than others and can look bad on one camera but look fine on others due to some kind of clash between sensor and optical design.

For example, my Tokina version of this lens has a lot of CA on my Panasonic G1 but not much on my Canon 350d

My Kiron version of this lens however has much less CA on the G1, there must be certain lens formulas that my G1 just doesn't get along with.

Mine doesn't have that kind of CA either. I use it on a Pentax K7 and this combo works quite well. It is the Komine version.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to this site,

http://www.robertstech.com/vivitar.htm

Mine should be made by Komine.

This lens I got is Konica AR mount and I used it on my Olympus E330. Lens in near mint condition.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you need a lens adapter with a glass element to make this work on your Olympus? If so, that could be your problem.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris Watson wrote:
Did you need a lens adapter with a glass element to make this work on your Olympus? If so, that could be your problem.

nope, i directly mounted it on my Olympus E330