Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

"Old School" photo bag..
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:48 pm    Post subject: "Old School" photo bag.. Reply with quote

This is my "new" old school photobag. Got it from a fellow photographer.

"Old School" by LucisPictor, on Flickr

And that's what's inside:

Canon EOS 5Dclassic
+ Zenitar 2.8/16
+ MIR-24N 2/35
+ Leica Summicron-R 2/50
+ Nikkor-H 1.8/85
+ Tamron 2.5/135

This is my primary MF set at the moment...

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice..what does it look like when all folded up?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice vintage style bag.
I use tree bags for three cameras Evil or Very Mad

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mo wrote:
Nice..what does it look like when all folded up?
x2!

Are the lenses secure enough to open the side when it is hanging around your shoulder, or do you have to lay it down flat before opening it?

I've been looking for a better bag, but I'm finding it quite hard to find one that has any reasonable way to store film. Neutral I have an older bag that works fine, but it is a bit worn out... and all of the new or newer bags seem to just have thin pockets for memory cards, with no storage for film. Sad I've come to the conclusion that buying a quality used vintage bag will be the best option. Wink

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you post a pic of it closed, and do you know what brand and or model it is.
Looks like a nice one.I like it. Smile

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scheimpflug wrote:

Are the lenses secure enough to open the side when it is hanging around your shoulder, or do you have to lay it down flat before opening it?

Yes, surprisingly they are held securely. The ones on the left by these little straps and the ones on the right because they are wide enough to snuggle into the small compartments. Wink

Outside?
Let me show you the images that the seller took:

I got this bag for €8,- (eight!) plus P&P.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Years ago in Goodwill I saw this wonderful old brown leather camera bag that looked for all the world like an old saddle bag. It was beat up, well used, and definitely vintage. It looked rather like something Indiana Jones would have carried into a jungle. It had a million compartments and was perfectly padded. I just loved it but I only had so much $$$ on me and when I came back from the ATM someone had snagged it.

Since then I've managed to find a back pack somewhat like that bag, and I've "made do" with that, but I still covet that old bag like a crazy person. It was just awesome. If I ever see one again?

It's MINE.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have one just the same - came with a cam' I bought - but it has a canvas finish. Same design though. I've found it great for storing extra stuff when on the move as it's quite compact, but still use my old billingham for what I'm shooting with.

I wonder if someone has written a history of the camera bag... ? mmm... maybe not..

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the photo,a nice simple design.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use three different bags, two backpacks and one huge waistbag, depending on what equipment I bring. Wink