Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

You Know It's Bad When....
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 7:39 am    Post subject: You Know It's Bad When.... Reply with quote

You've actually got lenses in your bag that you don't even have or contemplate getting cameras for! I just picked up the 135MM Yashica DSB that I needed to complete my FX-2/FX-3 lens kit and got a 50MM Pentax K-mount lens along with it.

FYI, no K-mount camera lives here, not yet anyway. I suppose I could hang onto it for when I finally get a K-DSLR. I've pretty much given up on the K-1000 idea. I half wanted an SE but they're running just a bit too much for my wallet and I finally decided against it. My SPII does me just fine and I don't really "need" a K1000, I just "want" one, so I figure I can do without.

But now I'm going to have this pretty K-mount 50MM just sitting there staring at me making me feel all guilty because it's got no camera to put it on. It was bad enough having an "extra" DSB zoom and a Minolta 45MM.

Now I've got a PENTAX lens that's going to sit there and tempt me to do something I shouldn't! I could rationalize the DSB, backup for my 300MM, no problem, the Minolta, eh, I didn't like the camera it came on anyway, but the Pentax lens that's going to be hard!

I'm a Pentax groupie as it is, sigh....

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:28 am    Post subject: Re: You Know It's Bad When.... Reply with quote

I dunno about everyone else, but I think you should buy a K-1000. Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I suppose I could hang onto it for when I finally get a K-DSLR

Just go for a Pentax DSLR....put a bigger hole in your wallet/purse/handbag Laughing cut out the middle man.What 50mm is it?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah well given I'll have about $12 left in my wallet now to last me all week after paying for these I don't think that's such a good idea buying either one! (Even if I wanted to the DSLR idea just isn't even remotely possible right now as much as I'd kill for a K-x.) I'm going to be eating rice, beans, and ground chicken for lunch all week as it is! Definitely no fast food break for me this next week! I did think about it though, seriously. I actually perused the auctions looking at K1000's even though I have no real need for one. That's how bad I am getting with this old lens thing.

I'm not unhappy. It was actually worth it eating the same cheap thing all week. The portrait lens is the most important lens for me. It wasn't really negotiable not having one for my Yashicas.I did look at adapters but the good adapter I'd need to use my M42's on my Yashicas would have actually cost more than just buying a DSB. I've been looking for a 135MM for a month now and I actually got this one for about half of what some I've seen are going for.

It looks to be in good shape and it came with another FX-3 besides the Pentax 50MM. I don't know if that works or not, probably, but I figured that was just a bonus if I got it as I was actually after the 135MM not the rest of it. It didn't really cost me anymore grabbing the whole thing and I'll probably sell the extra FX-3 if it turns out it works to recoup what I spent on the lens anyway. I looked at the Pentax lens too. They're usually going for about $25 actually so I could just sell that and make back my $$$ too, though I think I am actually more inclined towards selling the FX-3. I've already got an FX-3 in good shape that someone gave me, plus my FX-2 so I don't need that one really.

I do want a K-mount DSLR eventually and since I can use the 50MM on that it might be better to hang onto it. But, no, I am not going to splurge on a K1000 SE no matter how much the little Pentax freak inside my brain is urging me to go there. I'm dangerously close to becoming a bonafide camera hoarder here and that's just ridiculous considering I can't hardly even afford to put film in them!

As for the 50MM, it's your standard Pentax K1000/50MM 1.2, I think. Nothing too special. I can't tell you the serial #, can't see it in the pic but I'll know soon when it gets here.

Razz

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait, you are talking about the M 50mm 1:2, right? Because the K 1.2 or 1:1.2 would be anything else than "nothing too special".
In fact, that would probably be the steal of the century.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

magkelly wrote:
Yeah well given I'll have about $12 left in my wallet now to last me all week after paying for these I don't think that's such a good idea buying either one!

Believe it or not, $12 is enough! Shocked
Click here to see on Ebay

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You will have to post some photos of your FX-3 kit it sounds nice.
Yes I know the feeling out of control LBA-CBA...it sort of burns a hole in you until you buy something Wink Might be an idea sell what you can't/don't use and get what you need. Very Happy
That is cheap for the K1000 scheimp!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I get $1.00 a day to take to work with me and I save that up to buy lens. Takes a while but you get what you want over time without over spending. Also I do not eat lunch at work so that is another $5.00 per day to save for my lenses. Been doing it this way for 3-4 years now and it keeps me from spending too much for my lens. Since I work 7 days a week that's $42.00 a week. With most good Vivitar lens going for less than $50.00 and the great ones for less than $150.00, it only takes three weeks of saving to afford a good lens.

Get the DSLR instead of the K1000. Free film with the DSLR and no processing fees.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Big Dawg"Get the DSLR instead of the K1000. Free film with the DSLR and no processing fees.[/quote]

I will, probably in about 2 years when I can afford to go there.

;P

Pentax M 50MM, like I said, nothing special...

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The solution is simple....... Wink

Get a Pansonic G1. I've seen quite a few around for cheap, second hand, since the G2 & G10 hve been out for a while.

Then you can attach just about ANY lens..... Pentax K, Yashica, Minolta, Nikon, Canon, Konica, .... Whatever you have you can use!!!!! Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:06 am    Post subject: I'm so generous Reply with quote

If that is an M50/1.2 that's cluttering your table, I'll take it off your hands for US$25 -- that will more than triple your cash supply, eh?