Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Travel Spherical Panorama - Kybele Hotel, Istanbul
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 4:07 pm    Post subject: Travel Spherical Panorama - Kybele Hotel, Istanbul Reply with quote

I shot this two years ago in Istanbul, it took me a long time to get the spherical panorama ready Embarassed This output goes into a Spherical Panorama to QTVR converter to make a MOV file and then you immerse yourself in the QTVR. It's funny, these files are one of the few that survived my hard disk crash I had about 2 years ago as well. Always backup your beloved photos!!

You need special coding to get the QTVR onto a web site, so I'll just attach the spherical panoramas instead.

Shot with 5D and Canon EF 15mm f:2.8 with my travel panorama rig and stitched with PUGui.

Last edited by wilson.c on Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:24 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow...what to say???
I suppose I have to ask about the subject matter first..why all the light fittings?Dumb question alert ...are the walls rounded or is that from the lens?
I like it a lot.
Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mo,

This was the boutique hotel we stayed in recommended by a friend. It's walking distance to all the major sites in the 'old city', Aya Sofia, Blue Mosque, Topkapi Palace and the Underground Cistern. The lights was all collected by the hotel owners as well as all the pieces of vintage furniture and hand made rugs. To showcase the lights, the owners decided to put them in the hotel lobby and rooms. They also have a store room next door full of lights/furniture/rugs that have not been displayed yet.

Spherical Panoramas gives a 360x180degree rendition of the subject. You may have noticed some hotels using this method to showcase their rooms.

http://www.sino-hotels.com/Hong_Kong_Gold_Coast_Hotel/en/Virtual_Tour.aspx

You can look up/down and rotate left/right and zoom into some level of detail. Yes the walls are still straight, but in the spherical rendering, they come out curved in the panorama.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Wilson

Quote:

You need special coding to get the QTVR onto a web site

Can Attila help you with doing this?..I think just as a panorama it still works ok.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:28 am    Post subject: Re: Travel Spherical Panorama - Kybele Hotel, Istanbul Reply with quote

Good job!

wilson.c wrote:
You need special coding to get the QTVR onto a web site, so I'll just attach the spherical panoramas instead.

No QTVR please! Smile You can convert it also to a flash file.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:27 am    Post subject: Re: Travel Spherical Panorama - Kybele Hotel, Istanbul Reply with quote

Carlsson wrote:
No QTVR please! Smile You can convert it also to a flash file.

But then all of the iPhone/iPad visitors will be out of luck! Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, color overdose!!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the things that caught my eye inside the hotel were all those colorful Turkish Lamps that they had. It's from the owner's personal collection.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I know this place. They have a restaurant very similar looking as well. Hope you enjoyed your stay.