Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

What should I do?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:07 am    Post subject: What should I do? Reply with quote

I just got this lens. Most Beautiful lens and expensive I ever got. But its Leica M lens. I know it cannot be used in canon eos, except only for macro. Should I buy camera that fit this lens.....no money left Very Happy
I was thinking about selling this, but, I like this thing.....

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep it. Its an investment, better than money in the bank.

Wait until you have money for the right camera, maybe a m4/3

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great lens and highly sout after by Leica M shooters.
It is a DG scheme and renders very even tones.
The Summarit is known for lowish contrast that will not easily blow highlights.
Bokeh can be very wild like a biotar when strong oof highlights are present when shooting at MFD.
Usual price is $300- $400 for one in excellent condition with perfect glass.
Coatings are a bit soft so be gentle if cleaning is required.
I agree with Lous. Keep it at least until you can try it out. Buy a used Bessa and shoot some film preferably traditional bw.
You will be very happy with the results.
I love mine it is a great character lens for environmental portraits. Smile

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So Andy, would you also say that Summarit, and some are not? Don't get
up, I'll let myself out. Laughing

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wheelbarrow races Bill Wink

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Summarit 50/15?
Shocked Should it is Summarit 50/1.5 Laughing
Keep it by yourself

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful lens, I agreed with others, you shld keep it. I got the head only ! LOL

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Contrary to what others say, I suggest selling the lens to someone who can use it, and putting the money towards an EOS-adaptable lens.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Katastrofo wrote:
So Andy, would you also say that Summarit, and some are not? Don't get up, I'll let myself out. Laughing

Laughing

aoleg wrote:
Contrary to what others say, I suggest selling the lens to someone who can use it, and putting the money towards an EOS-adaptable lens.

Agreed. Embarassed

The qualities of sharpness, bokeh, contrast, etc, are all completely lost if a lens is just a shelf display. Wink If you're going to buy beautiful equipment as "investments", you might as well spend the money on beautiful investments you can use in the mean time. Cool

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow..various ideas ..thanks my friends
well the funny thing is, when I bought this lens I plan to modified Lol, but after I saw it at the first sight. I cannot put any action that will destroy its original beauty. maybe I will sell other lenses to buy m4/3 cam. for those who suggest me to sell it; that's good idea too, but I just got this lens this week.now I think I'll use it to macro thing and playing for awhile before sell it.Very Happy