Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Valuable information
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Should prices NOT be removed by seller after sale?
Leave price on advert
96%
 96%  [ 29 ]
Remove price from advert and replace with SOLD.
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 30

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 3:23 pm    Post subject: Valuable information Reply with quote

Wouldn't it be better if sellers didn't remove their asking price from listings when they have made a sale. Determining the range in which the market exists is good information and its being destroyed. That's my opinion, so what do others think?

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't know that was the tradition here (I know that's what people tend to do in other fora). I never remove my prices after a sale.

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been replacing the asking price with SOLD. It doesn't bother me either way - I'd be happy to leave them there. It might be useful in the future but it doesn't tell you what the sale price was though.
If there is no policy or tradition then it's up to the poster what they do.
Are you suggesting there be more rules?

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 5:33 pm    Post subject: should there be more rules? Reply with quote

Not rules: I think we just need a suggested protocol that can be followed. I appreciate that the final price will not be shown, but the asking price at least.
Some fora don't encourage removal. Some only allow negotiation via private messaging.
For those of us trying to build a collection, its really helpful to be able to build a "want" list based on realistic prices.

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 5:36 pm    Post subject: Re: should there be more rules? Reply with quote

luke cern wrote:
Not rules: I think we just need a suggested protocol that can be followed. I appreciate that the final price will not be shown, but the asking price at least.
Some fora don't encourage removal. Some only allow negotiation via private messaging.
For those of us trying to build a collection, its really helpful to be able to build a "want" list based on realistic prices.

I'll second that!

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More important than price, it would be great if sellers could leave up their photos!

Sometimes you look for information on an obscure lens, only to find that your only search result is a marketplace thread that had linked to images on ebay that are long since removed. Confused

The "Upload picture" feature, which uploads pictures directly to the forum, is a great way to ensure that your photos will stick around. Cool

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scheimpflug wrote:
More important than price, it would be great if sellers could leave up their photos!

Sometimes you look for information on an obscure lens, only to find that your only search result is a marketplace thread that had linked to images on ebay that are long since removed. Confused

The "Upload picture" feature, which uploads pictures directly to the forum, is a great way to ensure that your photos will stick around. Cool

Another good point!

I'll let this thread develop for a few days and maybe MFLenses will take a position on all of this.