Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

WRC 2010 Istanbul Ulupelit
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:06 am    Post subject: WRC 2010 Istanbul Ulupelit Reply with quote

I was at the World Rally Championship event last week. It was pretty hard to catch those fast cars with a manuel focus lens but the main problem was not that. The main problem was the dust, I had to clean the camera for 2 hours when I came back home. CZJ Sonnar F5.6 (most of the time). No touching on the images besides heavy resizing.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome...love the rally cars! How do you guys stay out of range of the flying debris you always look so close to the action.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mo wrote:
Awesome...love the rally cars! How do you guys stay out of range of the flying debris you always look so close to the action.

^^ That is 100% exactly what I was going to type! Shocked

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It must be the NZ/Australian thing Very Happy Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thrusted my running abilities Smile

No seriously I was able to see the cars coming and 135mm CZJ helped a lot Smile

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are amazing I like #4 only one wheel on the road! #5 looks like you could touch it.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those are very good. I enjoyed looking at them.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fabulous! ive never been able to go to a wrc event, though i really enjoy watching in tv. the best i could do was buy a wrx last december! thanks for the shots, they are a real adrenaline rush!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:20 pm    Post subject: Re: WRC 2010 Istanbul Ulupelit Reply with quote

Tharos wrote:
The main problem was the dust, I had to clean the camera for 2 hours when I came back home.

Maybe you could wrap your camera in a plastic bag and tight it around the lens with rubber bands.

Beautiful shots Tharos. Did you use the hyperfocal technique ?
In #1 and #2, is it Sebastien Loeb ?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go~ Go~ Citroen C4 Go~ Go~ Wink

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the comments guys.

Olivier : First car is Loeb's, second one is not. They are not the same cars, it was pretty hard to catch Loeb clearly, he is so fast Smile

I am not sure about the hyperfocal technique but I used prefocusing, I got a good location. It was a sunny that so I lowered to F5,6 - F8 easily (handheld). I knew where my focus was precise and shoot while the car was going at that location. Right after that I turned my head right side to the precise focus location and tried to catch the car from behind. Especially at Loeb's case I could not do that as he was real messy (dusty) Smile

Next time I will definetely wrap it up (I saw some photographers do that at the event) and maybe use 85mm or 105mm instead of 135mm. You have no chance to change lenses cause of the dust so choose the lense wisely.