Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

ID this telephoto lens? (auction photo inside)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 3:34 am    Post subject: ID this telephoto lens? (auction photo inside) Reply with quote

Anyone have any guesses on what this lens is?

The auction description doesn't have any info, so I emailed the seller to see if he could tell me what the writing on the lens said, and I received this response:

Quote:
2 X CONVERTER ALONG WITH A 8 WITH AN ORANGE LINE AND 32
ON EITHER SIDE
.THE LONG LENSE ALSO TURNS SO YOU CAN
ZOOM IN ., IT ALSO TURNS IN 3
DIFFERENT SPOTS FOR
ADJUSTMENTS ON THE LONG LENSE

Very Happy

It almost looks like a non-zoom preset lens to me...

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

500mm f8 Five Star lens would be my guess. It also could be a Cambron, but looks more like a Five Star to me. Other companies had the same lens so it could be something else also. So he's saying it also comes with a tele converter?

Here is a link to a Five Star.

http://cgi.ebay.com/FIVE-STAR-500mm-f-1-8-Camera-Lens_W0QQitemZ290422810906QQcmdZViewItemQQptZCamera_Lenses?hash=item439e8c691a

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

walter g wrote:
500mm f8 Five Star lens would be my guess.

Yep, that's definitely it. Thanks!

I searched, and found only a few references... here's another photo I found that confirms your identification:

The few reviews out there seem to indicate that the lens is OK... nothing too exciting, but the old copies (20+ years old) seem to be better than the modern cheapies. One of those "Fun to have if you can get it really cheap" lenses. Wink

Thanks again.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to help.These are fun lenses to ply with if you can get them cheap.
Hopefully my Spiratone 400m F6.3 should be here in the next couple days,
and I can play. Smile