Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Sony A7r, gamechanger, to be announced Wed
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Attila Smile Smile

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also discovered better IQ with some of my lenses. My impression is that J9 for instance have less blooming when shooting wide open Wink

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The A7s hve been just launched in India , pleasently blown away with the prices of the A7 and A7r!!!! Cheapest fullframe body of a7 costs less than anyother full frame body by SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much!!! Thank U sony for making this cameras!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nordentro wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUJc83wV6iA#t=1030

Bloody hilarious the last 40 seconds or so! I do enjoy watching his videos.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nordentro wrote:
I also discovered better IQ with some of my lenses. My impression is that J9 for instance have less blooming when shooting wide open Wink

This is interesting.
I also found out that the 36Mpx D800 also deliver better images on lenses that consider below average -
typical mid-range zooms f3.5-f4, now sharper. I though the D800 requires better lenses, but it also lifts poor lenses to acceptable level.
Got this statement confirmed by several D800 shooter as well.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That could simply be the full frame effect though. Bigger sensor = higher quality generally.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ManualFocus-G wrote:
That could simply be the full frame effect though. Bigger sensor = higher quality generally.

My theory is: smaller sensors needs better lenses Wink

(My A7R has only 9,5mp resolution in the same area as my OM-D has 16mp)

Edit: Maybe not better lenses, but lenses made to cover the correct sensor area. So I believe that FF lenses has better performance on FF cameras than the same FF lenses on smaller systems.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

raay04 wrote:
The A7s hve been just launched in India , pleasently blown away with the prices of the A7 and A7r!!!! Cheapest fullframe body of a7 costs less than anyother full frame body by SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much!!! Thank U sony for making this cameras!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Hello Raay.

What is the a7s ?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Olivier wrote:
raay04 wrote:

Hello Raay.

What is the a7s ?

same as with Oliviers, means more than one Laughing

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

poilu wrote:
Olivier wrote:

Hello Raay.
What is the a7s ?

same as with Oliviers, means more than one Laughing

... Laughing

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

raay04 wrote:

Btw, in France, price reduction is -20% for students, bought mine for 1200€ at Sony shop, that's less than some old 5Dmk2 body Rolling Eyes .

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BurstMox wrote:
raay04 wrote:

Btw, in France, price reduction is -20% for students, bought mine for 1200€ at Sony shop, that's less than some old 5Dmk2 body Rolling Eyes .

I havent seen any deals for students here ,but even without that its still cheaper than old 5dmk2 body Laughing Laughing but IMHo , SONY should have removed the AA filter on the A7 also!!! maybe they thought it would cut into the sales of the A7r,but me thinks without the AA filter the 24 MP sensor would have shined better!!!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BurstMox wrote:

Pierre,
1200 € is for the A7 ?
I would have to change my 5DMk2 today, at this price I would take a 5DMk2 again. Very Happy

For students, that means that we just have to show a student's card ?
If I were to buy a A7, I would surely get an inscription at university (for instance to learn hungarian). Wink
We can still be students at 50, aren't we ?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Olivier wrote:
BurstMox wrote:

Pierre,
1200 € is for the A7 ?
I would have to change my 5DMk2 today, at this price I would take a 5DMk2 again. Very Happy

For students, that means that we just have to show a student's card ?
If I were to buy a A7, I would surely get an inscription at university (for instance to learn hungarian). Wink
We can still be students at 50, aren't we ?

Hi Oliver Smile

Yes, for the A7. But they do price reduction for A7r (-20% too, I guess).
And yes, you just need your student card, they make xerocopy, and that's all. My age is not written on student card, so I think they don't care about the age Smile.

The thing is that I think there is only 1 Sony store in France, at Paris.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nordentro wrote:
ManualFocus-G wrote:

My theory is: smaller sensors needs better lenses Wink

(My A7R has only 9,5mp resolution in the same area as my OM-D has 16mp)

Edit: Maybe not better lenses, but lenses made to cover the correct sensor area. So I believe that FF lenses has better performance on FF cameras than the same FF lenses on smaller systems.

+1 this is my observation too, on Panasonic G1 same lens did perform far more worst than on Sony NEX-3 , medium format lenses perform awesome on medium format cameras and so so on APS-C or m4/3.
Look large format cameras lenses often crap vs smaller format , but big print from big film produce awesome result.

I saw same effect with 5D2 , almost any lens did perform beautifully

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BurstMox wrote:

Hi Oliver Smile

And yes, you just need your student card, they make xerocopy, and that's all. My age is not written on student card, so I think they don't care about the age Smile.

On the french online Sony shop there are offers for students and teachers
https://shop.sony.fr/shop/b2c/education.do?shop=SST_FR_FR

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Olivier wrote:
BurstMox wrote:

Hi Oliver Smile

On the french online Sony shop there are offers for students and teachers
https://shop.sony.fr/shop/b2c/education.do?shop=SST_FR_FR

Yes, but when I checked there, the A7 was at 1350 euros.
Btw, when I reserved it at Sony Store, seller told me it was -18% (1230 euros), but when I came back to buy the camera, he told me it is -20% Rolling Eyes .

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi folks. Here in Germany educational price for A7 is 1350 Euros. That's not really a 20% as one can get it from a reputable dealer for 1490 Euros, but still a nice reduction. However, I've found this one for 1258 Euro:
http://www.priceminister.com/offer/buy/249854414/sony-a7-alpha-7-ilce-7-appareil-photo-numerique.html#sort=3

For those that don't read French, these appear to be new cameras from Hong-Kong, but shipped from UK. Therefore, the taxes should not apply. They even claim 2 year French warranty. Anyone here from France ever dealt with this group/company? I guess it's a bit of a hassle, but 100 quid might be worth it...

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It it wrong to also wish to spend $1600 bucks on a camera only to attach an industar 50 to the front Twisted Evil

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tromboads wrote:
It it wrong to also wish to spend $1600 bucks on a camera only to attach an industar 50 to the front Twisted Evil

Ihave a £4.00 Pentacon 50/2.4 on the front of mine at the moment Laughing

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tromboads wrote:

If industar makes same good image than 1000 USD Leica on lower quality camera what is diff ? nothing.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tromboads wrote:

for the life of me, i dont get it either. enthusiasts the world over have been waiting years for a FF hi rez high mp cam, you would think theyve been salivating all this time to see how their best lenses would perform, ya know 'groundbreaking' lenses on a 'groundbreaking' camera...go figure. to each their own. if youre interested there are a lot of great lens samples on rangefinder forum.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally speaking, I don't have any world class lenses that I haven't already used and demonstrated on my equally capable 6D, hence I'm trying out the ones with "difficult" mounts Smile I'm on the verge of chopping in some of my M42 lenses for a Contax Tessar 45/2.8 pancake though Wink

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no offense graham, but $2000 seems a great deal to spend for the privilege of mounting a bunch of odd, few £ lenses. there's a logical step (or leap) there that i'm just missing. to me its like spending gobs of cash on the biggest baddest ever 3d IMAX tv with super collossal color matrix and uber dolby ultra whatever, intending to use it to watch old black and white newsreel footage from the 1940s. but whatever, everybodys different. like i said, to each their own. if you have the means and it floats your boat, have at it! but maybe dont be surprised if it leaves a tad of confusion in its wake!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rbelyell wrote:
like i said, to each their own. if you have the means and it floats your boat, have at it! but maybe dont be surprised if it leaves a tad of confusion in its wake!

I have no other means of shooting these wonderful old lenses on full frame (other than film), what's not to get? Smile Laughing In a way, it's like me asking why you are shooting such rich lenses on a crop sensor camera Wink

I'm really enjoying this camera with the Konica 40/1.8 at the mo, although contrast wide open is pretty pathetic Sad Other pancakes I'm going to try include the Yashica ML 50/2 and I might scrape enough together to get the Contax Tessar 45/2.8...