Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

DRI Panorama technique
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:48 pm    Post subject: DRI Panorama technique Reply with quote

I just did my first DHI panorama.

- the panorama itself is stiched from 2 landscape format shots - planar projection.

- each of the frames is derived from 3 different exposures which were shot with 1 EV difference.

- the frames were shot without tripod, I was leaning on a stone (I forgot my bag with beans)

- the frames were aligned and DRI processed with LR Enfuse plugin. 100points for this open source software product.

- 16bit Tiff processing from DNG-raw with options tweaked to a most natural look.

Here's the result:

Cheers
Tobias

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked Shocked Tobias , unbelievable that these were all handheld and then stitched.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done. It's a relief to see HDR that looks natural.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clear evidence you don't need panorama camera! Great one as always!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superb Tobias. Great ad for a wonderful piece of open software

patrickh

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

excellent work, however I miss some deep black in the photo, that would give depth.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you all for commenting !

@ Orio
Yes, I can understand perfectly. As I now watch the result again it seems that the dark tones are to light.
(as the histogramm would tell me anyhow Embarassed )

Quote:
Clear evidence you don't need panorama camera! Great one as always!

Smile You make me think again, Attila ... I am doubting back and forth ...

I think about getting a panorama camera because it would be a great opportunity to "dive" into the film-world. And I also think it would help me making better compositions and getting acquainted with light-meters etc ...

Cheers
Tobias

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[url]I think about getting a panorama camera because it would be a great opportunity to "dive" into the film-world. And I also think it would help me making better compositions and getting acquainted with light-meters etc ...
[/url]

Try first what I did suggest, simple camera + stitching, this is cheapest start ever and if you fill comfortable with film, but still want to try panorama cameras try it. Panorama cameras are expensive ones, not easy to sell them etc. etc. Take a good film camera for your available lenses like almost any Pentax K + good scanner first what is allow to scan medium format slides too.

I suggest Pentax MX + Epson V500-V700, both are going on affordable prices and provide good quality. If need medium format think about Pentax 645.