Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

A part of my garden
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:43 am    Post subject: A part of my garden Reply with quote

This is the cherry tree, I am quite proud of, 15-20 mt height, not common for this species. Seen from my front terrace. Flek 4/20:

The front part of my garden, seen from near the gate. I forgot the lens hood Sad Flek 4/20:

You know her. Smile Macro-Elmarit 60, hand-held:

a 100% crop:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice shots, Orio. You live in a wonderful place!.

I got also a cherry tree. It was growing up from a seed. Now it's 3-4 years old, not so tall as yours, and it produces very few fruits....

Regards,
Jes.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Jes, you're always very kind!
Your tree is quite young, let him grow a few years more you will see it will make more fruits.
Perhaps there is also a climate factor, Cherries need cooler climate than other fruit species in the Prunus family. They do best on low hills of temperate climate, and don't like the salty winds at all. Perhaps your city is a bit too warm and near the sea. I think Apricots and Peaches will do better in your place. Which however is ideal for other types of fruit trees such as Oranges, Lemons, Grapefruits etc.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice shots,beautiful place,

do you live in village?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Soullivan.
I live in a small town of 20.000 citizens.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice spot. Nice lens. Nice cat.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice garden and perfect weather, a little paradise!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio
What a little slice of heaven

patrickh

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio, are you going to sell your house anytime soon? Smile

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's what I call spring.
Not a green leaf here yet.
The Flek 4/20 seems to be a great lens. Not so common here, and quite expensive when it appears.

I can see that cats can also be used for determining lens sharpness Smile

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a great place ... I come to visit you one day Smile
Our cherry trees still need some time to look like this Confused

Cheers
Tobias

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
Thanks Jes, you're always very kind!
Your tree is quite young, let him grow a few years more you will see it will make more fruits.
Perhaps there is also a climate factor, Cherries need cooler climate than other fruit species in the Prunus family. They do best on low hills of temperate climate, and don't like the salty winds at all. Perhaps your city is a bit too warm and near the sea. I think Apricots and Peaches will do better in your place. Which however is ideal for other types of fruit trees such as Oranges, Lemons, Grapefruits etc.

Bingo!.
You really know about plants, Orio Smile

What I got in my garden that grow well are the lemons, apricots and peaches, (I got one of each). Also the granates, the figs and the grapevine...
The garden is not in Sitges (next to the sea) but in my small house in Olivella, that is some eight km far towards the mountains. Not so wet nor salty but very hot in the summer.

I also got a big and old elder (sambuccus nigra) that is my pridest plant.
One of these days I've to do a photographic inventory of all of them.

Regards,
Jes.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you guys!
My father designed and built the house personally, it used to be a barn.
I only made one significant change to the structure, I replaced the three doors of the front terrace with one door plus a large window.
Inside, I have completely rearranged the rooms - but using mostly the furniture of my father, except for the kitchen which is brand new and added a touch of Sweden (Ikea) to our Italian house.

I am not going to sell the house Laughing but all of you are welcome to come and visit when you like!

@ Jes, thank you, yes I have learned something about plants - I'd better do if I want to keep my job! Laughing