Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

What are the biggest bargains you have LOST?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have lost and forgot about many, But that is part of the fun Wink

New chances with bargains will come again Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nordentro wrote:
I have lost and forgot about many, But that is part of the fun Wink

New chances with bargains will come again Very Happy

+1

Greatest deal what I lost a Leica Noctilux ~50mm f1.0 it went only for 500 USD, if I visit local shop an hour before I could get it Laughing
GOD seems know I not like much

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver Carl Zeiss Biotar 75/1.5 M42 in good condition for 100 at a local flea market - I had not enough money with me and when I came back it was already sold Sad

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ForenSeil wrote:
Silver Carl Zeiss Biotar 75/1.5 M42 in good condition for 100 at a local flea market - I had not enough money with me and when I came back it was already sold Sad

That is annoying really, sorry to hear it!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
ForenSeil wrote:

I'd just take consolation in the fact that stuff like that turns up on your flea market. The best thing that I ever saw in my local flea market is Sigma 70-210 UC. UGhh. Sad

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fermy wrote:
Attila wrote:
ForenSeil wrote:

I'd just take consolation in the fact that stuff like that turns up on your flea market. The best thing that I ever saw in my local flea market is Sigma 70-210 UC. UGhh. Sad

There isn't even a flea market here, lucky you guys.
Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ilguercio wrote:
fermy wrote:
Attila wrote:
ForenSeil wrote:

There isn't even a flea market here, lucky you guys.
Very Happy

There are some where I live but I doubt I would find anything interesting photography-wise.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After 5 or 6 flea markets here I can say that Helios 44, Revue, Weltblick and all kind old folders and analog compact cameras are very common here in my city. Once I saw a Leica RF with a tele lens in "useable" condition for 350 but except that the Biotar was the only interesting item found so far. The prices for the lenses like Helios 44 are often higher than on Ebay.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just called a guy that was giving away a Yashica FX103 with a Zeiss Planar T* 50mm f1.7.

I called 5 minute too late -_-.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hexanon 57 f1.2 at 17.

I opened the auction screen, looked to the tv 3 minutes, started looking the items and I found it, I gladly opened the screen, introduced the amount and it was sold in between. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaarhg!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rafa1981 wrote:
Hexanon 57 f1.2 at 17.

I opened the auction screen, looked to the tv 3 minutes, started looking the items and I found it, I gladly opened the screen, introduced the amount and it was sold in between. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaarhg!

Surprised

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a super deal but i just lost a Super Takumar 35 f/2 for 75 euros with pentax adapter and filter. I didn't need the two additions though.
The seller told me he closed the deal an hour ago.
Sad

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Auto-Takumar preset 105mm f2.8
I forgot to watch the auction close, one bid under $45 Sad
Pete

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After seeing al that annoying stuff in the found bargains thread, it's time to revive this with my last dumb action.
I forgot to bid on this Click here to see on Ebay

It doesn't show up often at decent prices, the other I found available right now is BIN at > 200 euros

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just this weekend I just missed a nikkor af 28mm f2.8 for $25.00 Five minutes earlier and it would
have been mine.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First this one recently: Click here to see on Ebay

and then this one a while ago Click here to see on Ebay

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leica Noctilux went for 200-250 EUR in local shop.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:

Schadenfreude saved my day, thanks Wink

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:

WHAT?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rawhead wrote:
Attila wrote:

WHAT?

Shop owner had no much clue about lens values he in business from long time ago , he is always bought stuff for nothing and sold with little profit . After many Helios-44 sold for 10 EUR , probaly he bought Leica also for peanuts and thought 200-250 EUR is good enough, don't know I missed lens by 15 minutes Sad

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rafa1981 wrote:
Hexanon 57 f1.2 at 17.

seller probably backed out, I've seen it happened before on the bay, I won 5 laptops for 235 (legit costs is probably up in the 1000+ considering i just sold 1 of the same laptop for 300+).

at any rate, seller simply refunded me and told me that I'm "unreasonable to expect to get 5 laptops for 235", that's just how the bay works, good deals doesn't exists there.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have lost much bargain and I forget which one is the biggest..... I think would have more bargains if I join this forum earlier. Wink

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've mentioned in another thread...
I spotted an MTO 1000/8 Russian mirror lens in the website of a Welsh camera store - for 25! I dithered and dothered and money was tight that week, but I checked it out every couple of days and it was still there. I forgot about it for a little while, checked again and it was still there (very few people wanted them at that time). A few days later, went to buy it - and it had gone. Sad grrrr

I can't really complain though; the same shop sold me a Tamron SP90 for 25 quid. Smile

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see my mind works in protective way. I don't remember my losses but i do remember being on verge of crying many times Smile.