Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

What are the biggest bargains you have LOST?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boris_Akunin wrote:
Someone sold a bunch of Minolta gear with rather low "Buy now" prices:

Minolta MC 21/2.8 - 90�:
http://www.ebay.de/itm/MINOLTA-MC-W-ROKKOR-NL-21-mm-1-2-8-/282022544550

Minolta X-700 with an MD 28/2.0 (the rare 2nd version) - 30�:
http://www.ebay.de/itm/Minolta-X-700-35mm-Spiegelreflexkamera-incl-28-mm-1-2-mm-49-mm-incl-Gurt-geb-/282022501578

Minolta MC 50/1.4 - 22�:
http://www.ebay.de/itm/MINOLTA-MC-ROKKOR-PG-50-mm-1-1-4-/282022553890

Minolta MC 100/2.5 - 25�:
http://www.ebay.de/itm/Minolta-MC-TELE-ROKKOR-100-mm-1-2-5-55-mm-/282022530972

Minolta MD 200/2.8 - 30�:
http://www.ebay.de/itm/MINOLTA-TELE-ROKKOR-200-mm-1-2-8-72-mm-/282022517966

Minolta MD 300/4.5 - 30�:
http://www.ebay.de/itm/MINOLTA-MD-TELE-ROKKOR-300-mm-1-4-5-72-mm-/282022512661

I came a bit too late, losing out on the MD28/2 really annoys me. I've been looking for one of those for quite a while...

Some of those auctions look odd to me. Maybe these have not really been sold, but the seller's account was hacked or he/she made an honest mistake and cancelled the sale afterwards? Don't know... But I often see stuff like this, too and ask myself what's going on when I'm not looking Very Happy

To add something more related to the thread title: Online classifieds (local, similar to craigslist). Pretty regular Minolta stuff together with your usual Minolta MD 135 mm f/2.0 for 60 € (~65 $). Saw it half an hour after posting, wrote a mail but should have called instead: Someone was faster and immediately fetched it.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VLR wrote:
Some of those auctions look odd to me. Maybe these have not really been sold, but the seller's account was hacked or he/she made an honest mistake and cancelled the sale afterwards? Don't know... But I often see stuff like this, too and ask myself what's going on when I'm not looking Very Happy

I'm pretty sure they were actually sold, the seller got positive feedback for all of them...

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boris_Akunin wrote:
I'm pretty sure they were actually sold, the seller got positive feedback for all of them...

He really did... again: Nobody ever makes those offers when I'm looking! Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just lost a very nice Angenieux R1. I was second highest bidder.

I would have bid higher except I was, and I remain, uncertain about that mount. Is that a rangefinder camera lens suitable for use only on mirrorless camera bodies? Or is that a lens which can be adapted to SLR camera bodies?

I should know more about such things and I wish I did know more.

Here is the auction:

Click here to see on Ebay then click see original listing

Note:

While the lens did not go for peanuts, these lenses can fetch bids in the thousands.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks M42 to me. I have the very same lens (and its 28mm sister)
sitting around unused in its pretty box Wink

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:

Thank you, Klaus; all water over the dam now.

About the only time I can bid an Angenieux lens is when, as happened in that auction, the seller misspells "Angenieux". It does not happen often enough, but it does hold down bids a good bit when it does happen.

In m42 that lens could fetch $500-$1000 . . . perhaps more depending on condition. But as a rangefinder camera lens, having much shorter flange focal distance, the lens is less valuable . . . at least to me.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

guardian wrote:
kds315* wrote:

Thank you, Klaus; all water over the dam now.

About the only time I can bid an Angenieux lens is when, as happened in that auction, the seller misspells "Angenieux". It does not happen often enough, but it does hold down bids a good bit when it does happen.

In m42 that lens could fetch $500-$1000 . . . perhaps more depending on condition. But as a rangefinder camera lens, having much shorter flange focal distance, the lens is less valuable . . . at least to me.

Funny you would mention this spelling error, when I bought mine, this was also the case!!

But it does look M42, not the smaller rangefinder mount to me (the lens is also shorter then).

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I should have been there ~15min earlier...

Seller was asking 40€ for this:

(I can only identify the MD50/3.5 macro and MD35-105/3.5-4.5)

and 30€ for this:

(Minolta X-700 with MD1 grip and MD 50mm f/1.2)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At least it does not look like there was a 250/5.6 there Smile My best guess the lenses are a 50 (top left), 50 macro below it (obviously), 28mm with hood, a long zoom, 70-210 perhaps, and finally 35-105.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well,...

... a 200mm VISIONAR sold for EUR243 BUY IT NOW, gone in a split second,
... a Steinheil Macro Quinon sold only locally without willing to ship for EUR45

bummer... Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A Tamron made Soligor 135mm f/2.8 in the original case, pretty new condition. I got two other lenses before this one so was soft on bidding. Some shippers won it. I then bought a beaten up one, which I think I would put in actual use, as the other one would just be a collector item for me.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some ten years ago - maybe even 15 years - i saw in the shop window of a local dealer in antiques a golden camera. Looking closer, it turned out to be a Leica M5 with a Noctilux 1:1.0/50mm (golden as well, of course).

Frowning and scratching my head, i entered the shop and asked to see the camera. The dealer frankly told me that it was not an "original" golden camera (thus gold plating not made by Leitz), but the gold-coating had been made by a specialized Swiss workhop. Everything looked very professionally made, the camera was working, the lens was fine and the asking price was mere CHF 1500.-- (back then maybe EUR 1000.--).

I passed by a few times (not because of the camera; the shop was simply on my way) and saw it there for a few weeks. Then it suddenly had gone ... Today i would buy it, of course; at that time i was hesitating a slightly to long Wink

Stephan

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recently got a Nikon G to MFT 'focal reducer' on e-bay for a price just slightly above the normal adapter, When the package arrived I knew instantly it wasn't the reducer.
Returning the adapter for a full refund would probably have cost me more than the purchase price, but I did get a partial refund from them. This still leaves me ~£20 out of pocket & with an adapter i have no real use for.
All my limited selection of Nikon mount lenses have aperture rings, and I already have several options for mounting them...

I suspect I lost out on my bargain by the deliberate miss description of the item rather than the normal tale hear of just missing the final minutes of an auction which I do far too often thanks to my spam filter - despite 'white listing' e-bay it always holds there e-mails as spam.