Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

What a disappointment.
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:26 pm    Post subject: What a disappointment. Reply with quote

After waiting three weeks for my "Like New" Industar 61 LD we received a copy that looks like it has been cleaned with a abrasive pad.

Here is what we got:

I took a few pics with it & they look like they were taken in a fog.

We have sent an e-mail to the seller & now waiting for a response.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to hear your disappointment I not expect any good from seller if he sent out this lens like new...

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Attila. No use trying to come to a compromise. I'd ask for full refund, including shipping (I think Ebay now guarantees that), for Item significantly not as described. Sorry to hear about it! We all have these transactions every now and then.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems it has been opened MANY times.
(The front openings seem really harassed)
Like a child has played with it.

The LD is a gooood lens, have used it with FED RF.
Really nice color rendition and sharp.
The FF version LZ didnt really wow me, like the LD did.

And for all you who worrie. ITS RADIOACTIVE !!!!!!!!
Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who was the seller? I bought similarly bad lenses sent by grizzly33bear on eBay. And no, they didn't pay my return shipping (I paid about $40 to send the two lenses back to Ukraine).

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bummer. Sorry to hear about that, Ron. I gues you have proven wrong those that say the front element can get scratched and still not noticed.

I suggest you also open a PayPal dispute, then if necessary, elevate it to a claim. Rest assured, PayPal nearly always sides with the buyer, even when they shouldn't.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will not ID the seller as he has agreed to send a replacement lens. This is good enough for me, assuming the replacement is in good condition. Just another three week wait.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any explanation for why he would send such a lens in the first place?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

woodrim wrote:
Any explanation for why he would send such a lens in the first place?

He said he examines the lenses personally & only sells the best ones but that he has an affliction. I took that to mean he has poor eyesight.

I don't mind cutting the guy some slack but if it is abused, other steps as suggested by folks here may be in order.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The affliction line sounds like a typical story, but who knows for sure?

What a heartbreaker Revers. I've been there. I sincerely hope your replacement lens is much better. Please let us know!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If ebay/paypal wont help ----- track the bugger down & shoot him LOL Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ron, do you have to send the bad lens back? Where people sometimes run into trouble is when they negotiate a return/exchange, and then the seller refuses to send anything back to you... so the seller has both your money AND your lens. Confused Member 'ellepi' just posted a thread about this happening: http://forum.mflenses.com/flip2001-nl-ebay-seller-bad-experience-t31936.html

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

trev wrote:
If ebay/paypal wont help ----- track the bugger down & shoot him LOL Very Happy

Nooo.. Just beat him the same lens.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

revers wrote:

He said he examines the lenses personally & only sells the best ones but that he has an affliction. I took that to mean he has poor eyesight.

Well, i just spotted the flaw in his Ebay sales. How can someone with an eye affliction actually guarantee any lens is blemish free ? Thats sounds quite rediculous.

Isnt that like someone selling a rowing boat as perfect and no leaks, but when a buyer finds his rowing boat sinking becuase of a hole, the seller says he only sells the best boats, but he has only one arm, so couldnt test it. ?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fretless Pete wrote:

Isnt that like someone selling a rowing boat as perfect and no leaks, but when a buyer finds his rowing boat sinking becuase of a hole, the seller says he only sells the best boats, but he has only one arm, so couldnt test it. ?

Laughing Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was a total BS reply. His affliction is chronic dishonesty. What was he thinking, maybe the buyer would just throw it away and say nothing?

Ron: Make sure you don't allow too much time to elapse before taking PayPal action - they have restrictions and the seller may try to stall you. In fact, It may be good to file the dispute just for formality sake. The later step is to escalate it to a claim if necessary. Then PayPal will also have a record of the seller's responses from the dispute.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have not been asked (yet) to return the defective lens. He said that he would select a replacement lens after the weekend & notify us of when it was to be posted.

He has a 99.5% positive feedback on eBay & I would not like to compromise his eBay business over $30 before giving him a chance to make good.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

revers wrote:
I have not been asked (yet) to return the defective lens. He said that he would select a replacement lens after the weekend & notify us of when it was to be posted.

He has a 99.5% positive feedback on eBay & I would not like to compromise his eBay business over $30 before giving him a chance to make good.

Wow, what a crap lens! I'm sorry to see someone's tried to have you over. Your generosity in allowing him time to redeem himself is more than he desrves but good for you.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

revers wrote:

Well, starting the claim process won't harm his reputation as long as you come to an agreement down the line. However, you have to file the claim before the 45th day after the end of the auction, so, like it's been said, when that date nears and you still haven't got the replacement lens, you should file a claim to be safe. Think of it as helping other buyers as well as yourself.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rawhead wrote:
revers wrote:

Well, starting the claim process won't harm his reputation as long as you come to an agreement down the line. However, you have to file the claim before the 45th day after the end of the auction, so, like it's been said, when that date nears and you still haven't got the replacement lens, you should file a claim to be safe. Think of it as helping other buyers as well as yourself.

+1

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the advice guys.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

woodrim wrote:
Was a total BS reply. His affliction is chronic dishonesty. What was he thinking, maybe the buyer would just throw it away and say nothing?

Ron: Make sure you don't allow too much time to elapse before taking PayPal action - they have restrictions and the seller may try to stall you. In fact, It may be good to file the dispute just for formality sake. The later step is to escalate it to a claim if necessary. Then PayPal will also have a record of the seller's responses from the dispute.

I have bought several lenses out of Russia. Very happy with each purchase. However, shipping can be very slow, in which case you need to log a dispute to cover ebay time limit. You can then withdraw it if the lens eventually arrives and all is OK. No detriment to seller then.
good luck
bb2

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:24 pm    Post subject: Update Reply with quote

I received the replacement lens as promised & the glass in it is good. However, the focus ring is a bit sloppy & has a bit of a gritty point. The lens with the scratches is smooth to focus. Oh well, it was not a great expense.

I tried it out on my GF1 today

& here are some examples.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well at least the images look nice! That's the most important part!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Samples look amazing.

I have the M42 version and it's good stopped down, but soft at F2.8.

Gritty focus can probably be fixed if you can open it up.