Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

No, a Hammer is *NOT* the right tool.
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:16 am    Post subject: No, a Hammer is *NOT* the right tool. Reply with quote

*sigh*

Since my equipment is rarely ever perfect, I'm always on the lookout for good deals on spare parts. Sometimes you find exactly what you need, and sometimes the parts are not worth buying.

Today, however, a new low has been set. Shocked

auction wrote:

Split prism focusing screen
Viewfinder
Mirror shuttter
Circuit board
and usable parts.. savage from autopsy.

Others --> Rusty and dusty part in rubbish bin.

I have save your time ripping the camera off , and you might find what you need to repair your old pentax slr.

Photo taken while in the process.. the final parts are well packed in smaller plastic.

auction wrote:
Question:the thing about forensics like this is it takes a strong stomach... well done!! you've saved the purchaser some gut wrenching, now for the easy part... ;-)
Answer: well.. there's always first time for everything. and i can say it's no easy task , i broke my hammer (in photo) and a few screwdriver. throwing it out seems a waste, i didn't know these SLR involves such amazing circuit board and mechanical engineering.. makes me appreciate my camera even more. cheer

This was a rare Pentax ME-F. Crying or Very sad These are hard to come by as it is (three listed worldwide on ebay)... let alone as parts. Crying or Very sad

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel quite faint! I'm going to lie down for a while in a darkened room. Sad

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still can't believe it....A cruel joke? Kiwi humor?...why a hammer he had the screwdrivers? Confused

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got an AP original body which I won't use (approx. from 1956), serial #133479 - interested?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:
I just got an AP original body which I won't use (approx. from 1956), serial #133479 - interested?

Thanks, I appreciate the offer, but I think I'm OK at the moment. So far, I've been able to sort out all of the bugs with my P50 (I'm about 4 "surgeries" behind on reporting that progress), so as long as I have one camera working I should be in good shape. Wink Plus, I could never bring myself to converting the mount on a 50's body to match my lenses. You guys would ban me from the forums for sure. Mr. Green

As crazy as it sounds, I actually won the auction for these parts. Shocked The final bid price was NZ $1 (~US $0.70). Very Happy You see, I've wanted a Pentax ME-F for quite some time... and by chance, I had just won one, and received it just three hours before the parts auction ended.

My new ME-F was entirely dead on arrival, and seemed to have had a hard life, so I bid on the auction in case I needed any parts. In the mean time, I have since repaired the mode selector switch, and have been able to get the shutter to fire (occasionally sticks, but can be freed by shooting one frame with the 125x mechanical mode), and after fixing a pinched wire under the dented baseplate, the focus confirmation is now working. Very Happy

But there are no signs of life from the meter... Not even sure where to start on that one. Neutral