Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Nikon to EOS adapter that can also set the lens aperture?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 9:47 pm    Post subject: Nikon to EOS adapter that can also set the lens aperture? Reply with quote

The Voigtländer Nokton 58mm f/1.4 SL II, Nikon AI-S mount, is chipped.

Is there a Nikon to EOS adapter that can also set the lens aperture?
I have searched on eBay, but I do not see this mentioned anywhere.
They all say you have to use the aperture ring on the lens.

I would like to use the Voigtländer on my 5D II and I want correct EXIFs.

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The aperture ring has to be set manualy, but you can buy some adpters which allow you to edit the aperture on came as well as focal length. One adapter for all your lenses
The EMF adapter from big-is are one of those
There is also an adapters which allows you to use nikon G lenses (no aperture ring) on an EOS camera
http://www.16-9.net/nikon_g/
Regards

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 4:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Nikon to EOS adapter that can also set the lens aperture Reply with quote

nkanellopoulos wrote:
The Voigtländer Nokton 58mm f/1.4 SL II, Nikon AI-S mount, is chipped.

Is there a Nikon to EOS adapter that can also set the lens aperture?
[...]

I would like to use the Voigtländer on my 5D II and I want correct EXIFs.

Unfortunately this isn't possible. If you want automatic aperture and complete EXIF data, you should buy the EF-mount version of the Voigtlander.

For your Nikon-mount lens you can use an adapter, optionally with a programmable chip, but can only can only program the focal length and maximum aperture of the lens (so that you can identify the lens from EXIF). The camera will not know which aperture you used and only record the maximum aperture for each shot.

There is no way to use lenses with electronic aperture from other mounts than Canon EF on EOS cameras. Contax N lenses are the only exception because the electronics can be converted by the Conurus service, which will even give full AF functionality.

Last edited by AhamB on Sat May 22, 2010 5:07 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The short answer is, no there is no such adapter.

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like a good engineering project for someone. Are specifications available for the two interfaces? Question