Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

LPL 75mm f3.5 Enlarger Lens
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 3:52 pm    Post subject: LPL 75mm f3.5 Enlarger Lens Reply with quote

Does anyone have any experience with LPL enlarger lenses?

I picked up this 75mm f3.5 LPL lens as part of another purchase. It came with a circular plate that it threads into, although I have no idea what enlarger types use this particular plate.

I found these basic specifications from an ebay auction:
Quote:
Maximum Film Format: 6x6cm
No. of Lens Elements: 3
Mounting Thread: 39mm
Magnification Range: 2X - 6X
Aperture Range: f3.5 - f16

It's a very small lens, with an overall width that is just a few mm wider than the lens mount. It has 5 aperture blades, appears to be multi-coated, and this one looks like it has seen very little use - practically new.

I don't have an enlarger at the moment, so I'm tempted to give it a try on some bellows. Cool

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most enlarger lenses are excellent performers on below I never heard this brand

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hadn't heard of them either, but Google gives me 150,000+ hits for "LBL enlarger", so it sounds like they are a pretty big player. Wink It also looks like their equipment is marketed under the Jobo, Saunders, and Omega (OmegaSatter) names.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scheimpflug wrote:
I hadn't heard of them either, but Google gives me 150,000+ hits for "LBL enlarger", so it sounds like they are a pretty big player. Wink It also looks like their equipment is marketed under the Jobo, Saunders, and Omega (OmegaSatter) names.

1- LPL was the biggest enlager manufacter along with DURST
NEARLY ALLenlargers except DURST, AHEL (france), KROKUS (poland) and OPTOMA (Tcheki) were LPL made
Ie : Vivitar enlargers, ROWI, HAMA ... were LPL made

2- The lens (and the others from the same serie : 50mm 3.5...) were sold under many famous tm : ie : Soligor , Vivitar...

The quality was ok on center but low on borders (only 3 elements !)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info, PBFACTS! Cool

I think I should be OK with a lens that is good in the center, as I would use it on an APS-C format digital and only use a small percentage of its 6x6cm coverage area. Come to think of it, it might even make a decent tilt/shift lens! Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PBFACTS wrote:
Scheimpflug wrote:

1- LPL was the biggest enlager manufacter along with DURST
NEARLY ALLenlargers except DURST, AHEL (france), KROKUS (poland) and OPTOMA (Tcheki) were LPL made
Ie : Vivitar enlargers, ROWI, HAMA ... were LPL made

2- The lens (and the others from the same serie : 50mm 3.5...) were sold under many famous tm : ie : Soligor , Vivitar...

The quality was ok on center but low on borders (only 3 elements !)

Living lexicon Shocked Many thanks!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have that one, too, a cheap triplet, nothing to write how about, but give it a try anyway!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Living lexicon Shocked Many thanks!

TKS