Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

what are the biggest bargains you have found?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thebbm wrote:
did a contarex carl zeiss distagon 25mm 2.8 worth 300 euros ? ( lens is good condition, white version.)

Contax G or Contax/Yashica or real classic Contarex? The are sometimes listed wrong.
Price would be not bad-quite good for the first two I think and excellent for the classic.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the mount is contarex not contax yashica

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not if spending $500 can be considered a bargain, but Last week I got a Canon f/0.95 "dream lens" for that price. It does have 2 isolated fungus spots on one edge, but looks to be in good condition otherwise.

Now I just have to get it CLAd and converted and buy a mirrorless, and I'm good to go.
So excited-thought it would be years before I would have it.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice find, yesterday: A Canon new FD 1.4/50mm plus a Canon new FD 3.5/50mm Macro including 1:1 spacer for EUR 8.-- Wink

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevemark wrote:
Nice find, yesterday: A Canon new FD 1.4/50mm plus a Canon new FD 3.5/50mm Macro including 1:1 spacer for EUR 8.-- Wink

Damn!
Congrats

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few days ago, the wife and I stopped in at a new thrift store (used stuff) in the neighborhood to see if there was anything interesting. Well, I hit a mini jackpot. Not manual focus, but still.

They had a virtually mint Nikon N80 (35mm SLR) with an AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8 D and an AF Nikkor 28-100mm f/3.5-5.6 G lenses, all inside a really nice little Tenba bag. Price for everything was $27US. It even had five rolls of expired Kodak Tri-X film, plus Hoya 62mm UV and Circular PL still in their cases. Everything looks like it hasn't been used, although there is a roll of Tri-X in the camera. I'm shooting it now -- no point in wasting it.

I like Tenba camera bags. They're very well made and they always seem to have a very wide, cushy suede leather pad on the strap. So, this bag's a keeper. I'm gonna keep the Circ PL too. But I already own an N80 and a 50/1.8 D, plus a 28-105 D, which is a better lens than the G lens -- in terms of build quality, at least. So I don't need any of the camera items. Nope, I bought the outfit to make a bit of coin on eBay. N80s are a dime a dozen on eBay and they're cheap. The 28-100 sells for a bit more, and the 50/1.8 should sell for more than the other two items, maybe as much as the other two combined. I'll include the 62mm UV filter with the 28-100 lens as a freebie bonus. If I get my asking prices, I'll get close to $200 from a $27 investment. I just love it when I can pull off stuff like this.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StillSanj wrote:
Not if spending $500 can be considered a bargain, but Last week I got a Canon f/0.95 "dream lens" for that price. It does have 2 isolated fungus spots on one edge, but looks to be in good condition otherwise.

Now I just have to get it CLAd and converted and buy a mirrorless, and I'm good to go.

Is the TV lens the same optical formula as the one meant for the 7 Rangefinder? What sort of mount does it have? If it's C-mount, as most other TV lenses are, you can buy a C-mount to mirrorless adapter. I bought one for my NEX. No conversions necessary.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1
Nice going Michael! The bag even looks mint!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StillSanj wrote:

Good catch!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Minolta AF 35-70mm F4
Pentacon 50mm 1.8
Helios 77M-4 MC 50mm F1.8
All for 20€.

Leica R4 with Elmarit 60mm 2.8 Macro in very good and working condition for 240€. Not such a big bargain but a very good prize.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Starting 2016 with:

1. Soligor C/D 28-200mm f/3.8-5.5 Zoom-Macro in Canon FD mount: $0.99
2. Sunpak Auto 444D flash unit : included as a gift since no one wanted it.

Last edited by WNG555 on Mon Jan 18, 2016 5:14 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Is the TV lens the same optical formula as the one meant for the 7 Rangefinder? What sort of mount does it have? If it's C-mount, as most other TV lenses are, you can buy a C-mount to mirrorless adapter. I bought one for my NEX. No conversions necessary."

Yes, it is the exact same lens optically and every other regard, except the mount and designation. 8 elements...
It has a removable c-mount attachment, which once removed makes it canon S mount. I've found adapters for the actual S mount to Sony E.
I'm sending for a complete professional CLA on Friday, then I have about 10 days to buy a Sony A series before I get the lens back.
I can't wait to try that low light combination.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nordentro wrote:
StillSanj wrote:

Good catch!

500$ is a lot of money but for this lense this is a real bargain if you compare prizes. Like 1 small

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

StillSanj wrote:

I'm sending for a complete professional CLA on Friday, then I have about 10 days to buy a Sony A series before I get the lens back.
I can't wait to try that low light combination.

Don't be surprised if it takes some practice getting used to shooting with that thing. I found that with my Canon FD 85mm f/1.2 that, when shooting wide open freehand, I really had to discipline myself not to move forward or backward after focusing. The depth of field is so shallow with that lens wide open that the slightest movement on my part could render a photo out of focus.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WNG555 wrote:
Like 1
Nice going Michael! The bag even looks mint!

Yeah, it was a good score. The bag does look mint too. Still has a big tag on the inside. I've already sold both lenses. The body will probably take some time because they're so plentiful.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mebbe not the biggest... but the best for a coupla years... 75 GBP for both...absolutely mint.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TAo2 wrote:
Mebbe not the biggest... but the best for a coupla years... 75 GBP for both...absolutely mint.

I would say that is a cracking bargain, the 1.4 is worth more than what you paid, I personally love the Dynax 7 and would love one in my collection for film shooting.
If you consider selling it please let me know

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Eddie,

Nah, sorry, ah'm a Minolta man, always have been. That 7's a keeper. Wink

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Might not be the "super bargain" but i picked up a mint Takumar bayonet zoom 4.5/80-200 yesterday in a second-hand shop for 8 euros.

It kinda surprised me, here's an unedited wide open shot (Sony A7):

Nola by René Maly, on Flickr

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TrueLoveOne wrote:
Might not be the "super bargain" but i picked up a mint Takumar bayonet zoom 4.5/80-200 yesterday in a second-hand shop for 8 euros.

It kinda surprised me, here's an unedited wide open shot (Sony A7):

Nola by René Maly, on Flickr

Takumar bayonets don't attract much support generally, and the 4.5/80-200 is regarded by the Pentax forums community as one of the lesser lights.
But yours shows outstanding quality in this image.
This would certainly be a winner for me as well.
Good job
OH

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yesterday's flea market turned out to be quite decent: Minolta mini beercan, Pentax ME with 50mm/1.7, Zeiss Ikon Nettar 75mm/4.5, Olympus Stylus and Nikon L35 AF plus a bunch of different filters (mostly Cokin and Hama). All for less than £5!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oldhand wrote:

Takumar bayonets don't attract much support generally, and the 4.5/80-200 is regarded by the Pentax forums community as one of the lesser lights.
But yours shows outstanding quality in this image.
This would certainly be a winner for me as well.
Good job
OH

Thanks! Yes, true, even the bayonet 2.5/135 gets bad reviews, if you ask me: that's not fair. That lens can be had for peanuts (i guess because of the reviews) yet it is a very good performer! I had one myself.
I did read somewhere that the only difference is the finish (more plastic) and the lack of some coating layers (or cheaper ones), the optics are supposed to be the same as their higher regarded brothers. I wonder if that is true, can't find where i've read that.......

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:18 am    Post subject: Canon FD 55 1.2 ASPH, TS 35 2.8 Reply with quote

Hey, first of all let me introduce myself briefly since this is my first post (I guess someone has to quote me for it to show pictures?), I am Koen, 35 year old, I live in Antwerp, Belgium and I have been using manual lenses for years, first on my Canon 40D and now on my Sony A7.
I have been a regular reader here for quite a while, but never got around to post something, guess writing in another language scares a little bit. Anyway, thanks a lot everyone who has been contributing here, I learned a lot over the years! And sorry for making this my first post, but I found most of the following bargains because of pure luck seeing them somewhere and remembering reading good stuff about them, or more importantly remembering how they drew their pictures! Never really hunted for something in particular, guess Belgium is still quite good for buying and bad for selling, on Belgian photography forums there doesn't seem to be much interest in manual lenses anyway.
My latest bargains are the most spectacular I think, i got them almost 2 months ago but I am still exited!

It's in Dutch, but I don't think it needs a translation, you just have to know this is from one of the biggest and most reputed camera stores in town!
Jumped on my bike as soon as I saw this on Facebook to drive a few Km and when i got there the camera and 85L were already gone (found out later a story employee probably kept them) but the rest was still available and I took the 55 ASPH and 35 TS of course, but I should have probably bought the zooms and macro as well, even if it was just to try and sell if I didn't like them, didn't know they got expensive as well, oh well, can't win them all.
To be honest, I guess I got all of my top lenses at a bargain price (some from +-5 years ago):

Minolta Rokkor 58 1.2: €140 + shipping
Nikkor 105 1.8: €150 (like new)
Vivitar S1 90 2.5: €29 (from that same camerastore as the FD's)
Takumar 135 2.5: €65 (with hood)
And most cheaper Zeiss versions are even cheaper here it seems: 35 2.8: €100, 135 2.8: €89, 50 1.7 (bit faulty): €25

And finally I would like to show some examples from the FD's, always nice to see pictures (and I can always show more samples in a new topic if anyone is interested, or from my other lenses, or maybe later a comparison between the 55 and 58mm 1.2's)
Pictures sooc jpg's except for the automated resize + copyright + small usm after resize with +- 0.2px, 60%.

Canon FD 55mm 1:1.2 S.S.C. ASPHERICAL @ f/1.2:

Canon TS 35mm 1:2.8 S.S.C. @2.8:

If there are too many pictures, or I did anything else wrong let me know please!

Greetings,
Koen

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 6:01 am    Post subject: Re: Canon FD 55 1.2 ASPH, TS 35 2.8 Reply with quote

Koen Nhz wrote:
Hey, first of all let me introduce myself briefly since this is my first post (I guess someone has to quote me for it to show pictures?), I am Koen, 35 year old, I live in Antwerp, Belgium and I have been using manual lenses for years, first on my Canon 40D and now on my Sony A7.
I have been a regular reader here for quite a while, but never got around to post something, guess writing in another language scares a little bit. Anyway, thanks a lot everyone who has been contributing here, I learned a lot over the years! And sorry for making this my first post, but I found most of the following bargains because of pure luck seeing them somewhere and remembering reading good stuff about them, or more importantly remembering how they drew their pictures! Never really hunted for something in particular, guess Belgium is still quite good for buying and bad for selling, on Belgian photography forums there doesn't seem to be much interest in manual lenses anyway.
My latest bargains are the most spectacular I think, i got them almost 2 months ago but I am still exited!

It's in Dutch, but I don't think it needs a translation, you just have to know this is from one of the biggest and most reputed camera stores in town!
Jumped on my bike as soon as I saw this on Facebook to drive a few Km and when i got there the camera and 85L were already gone (found out later a story employee probably kept them) but the rest was still available and I took the 55 ASPH and 35 TS of course, but I should have probably bought the zooms and macro as well, even if it was just to try and sell if I didn't like them, didn't know they got expensive as well, oh well, can't win them all.
To be honest, I guess I got all of my top lenses at a bargain price (some from +-5 years ago):

Minolta Rokkor 58 1.2: €140 + shipping
Nikkor 105 1.8: €150 (like new)
Vivitar S1 90 2.5: €29 (from that same camerastore as the FD's)
Takumar 135 2.5: €65 (with hood)
And most cheaper Zeiss versions are even cheaper here it seems: 35 2.8: €100, 135 2.8: €89, 50 1.7 (bit faulty): €25

And finally I would like to show some examples from the FD's, always nice to see pictures (and I can always show more samples in a new topic if anyone is interested, or from my other lenses, or maybe later a comparison between the 55 and 58mm 1.2's)
Pictures sooc jpg's except for the automated resize + copyright + small usm after resize with +- 0.2px, 60%.

Canon FD 55mm 1:1.2 S.S.C. ASPHERICAL @ f/1.2:

Canon TS 35mm 1:2.8 S.S.C. @2.8:

If there are too many pictures, or I did anything else wrong let me know please!

Greetings,
Koen

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats on the deal and welcome to the forum! Friends