Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

what are the biggest bargains you have found?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a lot for the quote and the welcome!
I forgot to mention that they simply wrote "Canon FD 55mm F1.2 S.S.C." instead of "Canon FD 55mm 1:1.2 S.S.C. ASPHERICAL" Twisted Evil
A truly fantastic lens, especially close-up it's amazing for a f/1.2
One other deal I forgot was a Takumar 50 1.4 for €7, but it is battered, well it's missing the whole front, filter thread and nameplate, but I think it's the later SMS version and probably my most used 50mm, even tough I never really got used to the focus ring direction.

ps: when posting, the preview doesn't seem to work for me.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats Koen NNhz, on one hell of a deal on those Canons! Like 1

Too bad the 85mm got away.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I finally found a good deal on a Computar 55mm f2.8 Telecentric C mount lens.
I will be using this lens as a Macro lens.
Looks mint. I paid $55, and they sell for $350 new.
This lens will work on my Panasonic G5, Nikon J1, and Pentax Q10.
I believe it will cover the sensor on my Sony Nex 6, but the lens base is to big to work.
Hopefully it will warm up this weekend and I can give the lens a try.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks WNG555, an amazing deal indeed, I felt pretty gutted at first when they told me the 85 L was gone and they had to look upstairs what was left, certainly because that's the one I really wanted, already having the Rokkor 58 and a CZ 35mm, but my 'sad feeling' went away fast when I saw the extra letters on the 55 they brought down and the nice state these lenses where in, not really collector-nice probably, but certainly user-nice.

Edit: actually when they came down and told me they still had the 55 and 35 TS I already couldn't believe my luck that the person who bought the 85 left the others. It probably was the employee and he could only buy one item or something like that, after all I don't know if I would have liked the nFD finish as much, but wouldn't have had to think twice about buying it at €99 though Wink

And I soon found the FD 55 to be different enough from the Rokkor 58 to happily keep both, and a Tilt Shift lens turns out to be a lot of fun, always wanted one, but not at the usual prices Smile

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice score, Koen! That price would have been excellent even for just the plain SSC version. Speaking of which, I have the SSC, and I find it to be an excellent lens, but I would really like to find an Aspherical someday. I already own an 85/1.2 Aspherical and it would be nice to have the pair.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I fell into a good deal on eBay last night. A couple of days ago I discovered a Canon Motor Drive MF -- that's the big, 10-battery md that the original F-1 uses -- sitting there at auction with a minimum bid of $15 and no bids. So I decided to watch it and see. Well, the auction closed last night and I bid on it at the last second and picked it up for the opening bid amount -- $15.

The seller mentioned that he had no way of testing it so he was listing it as-is, for parts. But I've owned a few of these drives and they're darn near bullet proof. I've never had one fail. So I gambled that it will work, but even if it doesn't, I'm not out much.

Click here to see on Ebay

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

New Year's resolution to curtail LBA....has ended. Wink

Konica Hexanon AR 135-f/3.2 EE version: $9.99
Ricoh XR Rikenon 135-f/2.8: $8.50
Toyo Optics-Five Star 28-f/2.8: $6.50 (PKR mount, and serial# isn't K or L, but 8xx. Hope it's as good as the L version.)
Yashica ML 50-f/1.4: $30
Yashica ML 50-f/1.9: $10
Yashica ML 75-150 f/4: $12
Tokina RMC 35-105 f/3.5-4.3: $1
Minolta MD Rokkor-X 200-f/4 MD-1: $9

And accessories...
Minolta SR mount extension tubeset: $1.25
Toyo 49mm CPL: $1
Manfrotto 294 with 3-way pan head (display): $40
Manfotto MSQ6 plate conversion kit (new): $15

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

$150 craigslist find-including shipping. Not "bargain" but a damn good deal.

Also have a new, in box MD Rokkor 24/2.8 for $90. Once again, not a bargain, but a great price for a minty great lens.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 A damn good bargain on those Takumars, in my opinion. The 17 and 24 can fetch 3 figures!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed!
I think I can sell the fisheye since I already have one, and get my money back to keep the others for free.
I could really use a fast 135mm so that works out, and the 24mm is nice for use and resale.
Thanks for the thumbs up Smile

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cooltouch wrote:
A few days ago, the wife and I stopped in at a new thrift store (used stuff) in the neighborhood to see if there was anything interesting. Well, I hit a mini jackpot. Not manual focus, but still.

They had a virtually mint Nikon N80 (35mm SLR) with an AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8 D and an AF Nikkor 28-100mm f/3.5-5.6 G lenses, all inside a really nice little Tenba bag. Price for everything was $27US. It even had five rolls of expired Kodak Tri-X film, plus Hoya 62mm UV and Circular PL still in their cases. Everything looks like it hasn't been used, although there is a roll of Tri-X in the camera. I'm shooting it now -- no point in wasting it.

I like Tenba camera bags. They're very well made and they always seem to have a very wide, cushy suede leather pad on the strap. So, this bag's a keeper. I'm gonna keep the Circ PL too. But I already own an N80 and a 50/1.8 D, plus a 28-105 D, which is a better lens than the G lens -- in terms of build quality, at least. So I don't need any of the camera items. Nope, I bought the outfit to make a bit of coin on eBay. N80s are a dime a dozen on eBay and they're cheap. The 28-100 sells for a bit more, and the 50/1.8 should sell for more than the other two items, maybe as much as the other two combined. I'll include the 62mm UV filter with the 28-100 lens as a freebie bonus. If I get my asking prices, I'll get close to $200 from a $27 investment. I just love it when I can pull off stuff like this.

I just thought I'd revisit this post briefly. I sold both lenses on eBay within a few days of purchasing the above outfit. Got $130 for both. Sold the N80 a couple of days ago, and got $40 for it. So that's $170 from a $27 investment. Less eBay and Paypal fees, of course. But still! I love it when I can pull off stull like this.

Back to lurking at thrift stores. Checked out one today and it was a bust. A few P&S film cameras, a couple of totally obsolete P&S digitals. Oh well, maybe the next one.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just scored a 60/1.5 PenF for $200... honestly was not expecting to actually win it. Seems to be an earlier pre-FT version but for this much I'm not complaining. Patiently awaiting its arrival.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In our Camera Club I am generally known as the nutter who still uses "that old junk" to make images.
Last night at our fortnightly meeting I was handed this bag from one of our members.
It was a busy night and I didn't get to examine it until this morning.
There is even a roll of unfinished Sensia 400.
Pretty chuffed am I.
OH

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^Wow! How neat is that!
Very nice of the chap to think of you. The bag tells quite a story, with those stickers of places he visited to shoot with this gear.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

old hand that is one sexy outfit, i have to say i love that bag it looks proper hipster

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks fellas - I got lucky.
I was very keen to try out the Super-Takumar 2/35 and will post some images in a separate thread.
OH

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oldhand, what a great gift! Have fun with them!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So many great finds, and gifts here! Also love the bag! But this topic is very dangerous for my LBA Twisted Evil

@ cooltouch: thanks! I saw some link to an old German test in a magazine (can't seem to find it anymore) where the 'plain' 55mm 1:1.2 S.S.C. was even a little better in most of the frame than the ASPH, but I have no idea, never had one.
I guess the 'normal' one might be a bit more like the Rokkor without any aspherics or floating elements and that one has more even detail across the field than my ASPH, but on the other hand, the fd asph is much more contrasty and with much brighter, more defined colors it seems @ 1.2 than my Rokkor and the sharpness in the middle is really excellent from wide open, the Rokkor doesn't even seem sharper in the middle than on the sides of FF (the very corners suddenly become much worse, but that could be the sensor stack).
For looking at them fullscreen (only 18.4" Full HD in my case) or even for printing A4 or something like that the pictures from the asph usually look perfect without any PP, whereas the images from the Rokkor need some PP at any viewing size unless you want some dreamyness.
To be honest I never shot much with the Rokkor on my A7 because it was always a litte difficult and unpredictable to use on my Canon 40D but it seems to do quite a lot better on the Sony so I might be wrong and the differences might be smaller than I remember them, I will do some more testing and than post some samples. The asph certainly is a lot better at MFD, even on tubes it remains quite sharp, my Minolta starts deteriorating a bit if you get closer than 1m.
I will post some more samples in a new treat one of these days Smile

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

New Pentax Cosmicar 6mm f1.2. $20 shipped.

New Fujinon TV 35mm f1.7. $19.50 shipped.

Minolta MD Tele Rokkor X 105mm f2.5. $47.15 shipped. No caps, but the lens is in ex+ condition.
The reason for the low price is it has haze in the rear element group.
Is it a bargain? I think so. The shots I've tried with it so far are sharp. I can't really see a loss in contrast.
I haven't tried it in bright sunlight yet. So we shall see how it holds up.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Early version adaptamatic 80-250mm classic zoom, good condition no fungus but no mount (but I have one anyway)... 99p (+ post)! Lotta lens for a few pp.

Test pic f5.6 ~ 150mm, cropped and resized, samsung NX20.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got an MD 24/2.8, free after I sold off all the other stuff that came with it, but frankly it's been a while since I was like "Wow! Holy ****! That was a robbery!"

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gardener wrote:
I got an MD 24/2.8, free after I sold off all the other stuff that came with it, but frankly it's been a while since I was like "Wow! Holy ****! That was a robbery!"

Laugh 1

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found a rare pre-war FED 28mm/4.5, for 10 euros. It's not about IQ here, more about collection Smile .

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BurstMox wrote:
I found a rare pre-war FED 28mm/4.5, for 10 euros. It's not about IQ here, more about collection Smile .

Congratulations! That sounds really interesting, would love to see a photo of the lens.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

100 pages now! Friends Happy Cat