Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

what are the biggest bargains you have found?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How much is this lens worth?

Jupiter-8M, 2/50

I just got it for GBP 0.99

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vanylapep wrote:

Jupiter-8M, 2/50

What a deal!
I'm considering one of these, but they are rare over here.
How do you like it?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WNG555 wrote:
vanylapep wrote:

Jupiter-8M, 2/50

What a deal!
How do you like it?

A wonderful lens.
Careful - they come in two different common mounts - Kiev Contax and M39.
The M39 is the easiest to adapt and is usually more expensive as a result.
The Kiev Contax is often very cheap as it has no focusing helicoid
OH

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

100 meters of Kodak Panatomic-X for 10 euros and I cannot get happier than that! It is my all time favorite film. I had a couple of rolls in my fridge, but now I can be a bit of a relaxed waster. Smile

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oldhand wrote:
WNG555 wrote:
vanylapep wrote:

Jupiter-8M, 2/50

What a deal!
How do you like it?

A wonderful lens.
OH

To my knowledge Jupiter-8M is only available with Contax mount. I've seen one in LTM but it was merger of 8M optics with Industar-26 barrel (I've also tried to do one myself but failed spectacularly). I've seen somewhere claims that 8M is of simplified optical design (glued doublet instead of triplet in front group) but I'm not sure whether it is true.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pavko wrote:
Oldhand wrote:
WNG555 wrote:
vanylapep wrote:

Jupiter-8M, 2/50

What a deal!
How do you like it?

A wonderful lens.
OH

To my knowledge Jupiter-8M is only available with Contax mount. I've seen one in LTM but it was merger of 8M optics with Industar-26 barrel (I've also tried to do one myself but failed spectacularly). I've seen somewhere claims that 8M is of simplified optical design (glued doublet instead of triplet in front group) but I'm not sure whether it is true.

Yes, you might be right.
There was this one that sold some time back on ebay. Maybe it had been doctored.
OH

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For sure, the name plate comes from a Contax/Kiev mount Jupiter-8. I have never seen an M39 Jupiter-8M. Try it on a digital camera and if it works then no problem.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't received the lens yet. But it's pretty dirty tho. It's Kiev/Contax mount.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Konica Hexanon AR 135mm f3.2 (latest version), in like new condition, with original caps, and case for $24 + 6 (shipping). Is it a good deal. Smile

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cellotone wrote:
Konica Hexanon AR 135mm f3.2 (latest version), in like new condition, with original caps, and case for $24 + 6 (shipping). Is it a good deal. Smile

Not bad. It is a terrific lens!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cellotone wrote:

Like Dog

Very good! That model is considered their best performing 135mm, and one of the most desired 135mm offered. Like new, with all original accessories...a steal.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the tip, Oldhand. I was looking at M93/LTM versions. Some good info was brought to light.

Just had my latest bargain delivered by the postal service...

Vivitar (Komine #288x) 28mm f/2.8 Auto wide angle with Minolta SR mounting.
Looks like new.

$4.

Not the Close Focus labeled version, but MFD is 6 inches.

Last edited by WNG555 on Wed Dec 16, 2015 9:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vanylapep wrote:
I haven't received the lens yet. But it's pretty dirty tho. It's Kiev/Contax mount.

Yes that is the one I have too.
Here is how I use it on my Fujifilm X-E1 and a link to some further images
OH

http://forum.mflenses.com/some-fun-with-jupiter-8m-t72791,highlight,%2Bjupiter+%2B8m.html

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WNG555 wrote:
cellotone wrote:

Like Dog

Very good! That model is considered their best performing 135mm, and one of the most desired 135mm offered. Like new, with all original accessories...a steal.

What do you mean by "best performing 135mm and one of the most desired 135mm offered"? Like the best over all lens on this planet? Like better than Tair, Pentacon, Topcor, Takumar, CZJ.. 135mm etc? Coz if yes, i gota get it!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vanylapep wrote:
WNG555 wrote:
cellotone wrote:

Like Dog

What do you mean by "best performing 135mm and one of the most desired 135mm offered"? Like the best over all lens on this planet? Like better than Tair, Pentacon, Topcor, Takumar, CZJ.. 135mm etc? Coz if yes, i gota get it!

I think you should start looking! Wink

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DigiChromeEd wrote:
vanylapep wrote:
WNG555 wrote:
cellotone wrote:

Like Dog

I think you should start looking! Wink

LOL I AM!!!

Is the Konica Minolta Hexanon AR 135mm F/2.5 better?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Minolta 100-300 Apo, 24 euros Buy it now on ebay. Twisted Evil

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oldhand wrote:
WNG555 wrote:
vanylapep wrote:

Jupiter-8M, 2/50

What a deal!
How do you like it?

A wonderful lens.
OH

Lens is GBP 0.99 but crappy adapter to NEX is 55$ lol http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Contax-KIEV-RF-to-Sony-NEX-adapter-with-focusing-part-GIFT-Jupiter-8m-2-50-/221970323043?hash=item33ae765663:g:unsAAOSwk1JWcYZN

or good for GBP 88 lol http://www.ebay.ca/itm/ADAPTER-CONTAX-RF-KIEV-NIKON-S-rangefinder-mount-for-SONY-E-mount-A7-NEX-/121840245979?hash=item1c5e3e9cdb:g:GJoAAOSwAYtWP6WN

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vanylapep wrote:
Oldhand wrote:
WNG555 wrote:
vanylapep wrote:

Jupiter-8M, 2/50

What a deal!
How do you like it?

A wonderful lens.
OH

Lens is GBP 0.99 but crappy adapter to NEX is 55$ lol http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Contax-KIEV-RF-to-Sony-NEX-adapter-with-focusing-part-GIFT-Jupiter-8m-2-50-/221970323043?hash=item33ae765663:g:unsAAOSwk1JWcYZN

or good for GBP 88 lol http://www.ebay.ca/itm/ADAPTER-CONTAX-RF-KIEV-NIKON-S-rangefinder-mount-for-SONY-E-mount-A7-NEX-/121840245979?hash=item1c5e3e9cdb:g:GJoAAOSwAYtWP6WN

Yes - so I made my own. You can see it on the link
http://forum.mflenses.com/some-fun-with-jupiter-8m-t72791,highlight,%2Bjupiter+%2B8m.html
OH

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oldhand wrote:
vanylapep wrote:
Oldhand wrote:
WNG555 wrote:
vanylapep wrote:

Jupiter-8M, 2/50

What a deal!
How do you like it?

A wonderful lens.
OH

OH

That is excellent! But I don't have the skills to make one Smile

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vanylapep wrote:
WNG555 wrote:
cellotone wrote:

Like Dog

Konica Hexanon AR's have garnered a reputation for very sharp optics. Strong contrast and (to my eye) neutral WYSIWYG colors.
They have a faster 135, in f/2.8 or f/2.5, and several versions of the f/3.5 in EE and AE. But the replacement for their faster version was the f/3.2. Better than the previous 135s.
It's sharp and contrasty wide open, and stupidly sharp across the frame stopped down.

It's usually included in discussions of best 135mm and must-have lenses.
It's still reasonably priced compared to the CZJ, Takumar f/2.5 v.2, and Vivitar Series-1 f/2.3, Mamiya/Sekor SX, Nikon AIs.

A recent thread here:
http://forum.mflenses.com/konica-hexanon-ar-135mm-f3-2-lens-t73613.html

And some more shots from another contributor...
https://flic.kr/p/B7CF6x

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Konica Hexanon AR 3.2/135mm was produced at the same time as the Hexanon AR 2.5/135mm.

The AR 3.2/135mmm is one of the best "vintage" 135mm lenses i know; certainly better than the CZJ Sonnar 3.5/135mm (tested on 24MP Full Frame). Its performance is on par with the best Minolta 135mm lenses (eg. MD-III 3.5/135mm or MD-III 2.8/135mm).

Of course lenses such as the Sony/Zeiss ZA 1.8/135mm are sharper and have less CAs than the Konica 3.2/135mm.

Stephan

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

did a contarex carl zeiss distagon 25mm 2.8 worth 300 euros ? ( lens is good condition, white version.)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vanylapep wrote:
Oldhand wrote:
vanylapep wrote:
Oldhand wrote:
WNG555 wrote:
vanylapep wrote:

Jupiter-8M, 2/50

What a deal!
How do you like it?

A wonderful lens.
OH

OH

That is excellent! But I don't have the skills to make one Smile

It's very easy. You have to look for a broken Kiev-Contax camera (you only need a small screwdriver if I remember correctly, but brute force may also do the trick) and remove it's focusing mechnaism, then simply glue it on a cheap chinese Leica M39 or Leica M adapter. You might need a ~2mm extension ring between them. I paid <15€ overall for mine, incl. glue, postage and everything.
http://forum.mflenses.com/another-diy-contax-rf-nikon-s-to-nex-mft-eos-m-adapter-t53612,highlight,%2Bcontax+%2Badapter.html

Last edited by ForenSeil on Mon Dec 21, 2015 1:02 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thebbm wrote:
did a contarex carl zeiss distagon 25mm 2.8 worth 300 euros ? ( lens is good condition, white version.)

Good price. They usually sold for more than double.