Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

I'm selling my entire collection.
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

poilu wrote:
damn, 56 years old, cancer is always unfair Crying or Very sad

Yes, and all our plans are castles in the sand Sad

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh god..
a good reminder to be grateful for and to cherish every moment!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deeply moved.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

woodrim wrote:
It appears that our friend Martyn has passed away earlier this year.

I am so so sorry to hear this news. I knew Martyn was ill but not that it was terminal. May he rest in peace. Sad

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(............................)

Sad

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RIP.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crying or Very sad live just not fair...

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Night God Bless Martyn, I shall miss you and your posts, my deepest condolences to your loved ones.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very sad news, It's a shame nobody here knew at the time. He was one of the good guys.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really very sad, and at 56, feels quite wrong.

I didn't know him from his early posts, but only when he posted about his illness and wrote this post. I had thought that he would have gotten better but life had other plans. I wish his family well and hope his soul rests in peace.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RIP Martyn.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crying or Very sad ......... respect and may he rest in peace! Let his collection go to good hands... it would be a great thing if the lenses and cameras would be sold to members on this forum....... Sad
It would be an honor to have a peace of his collection!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

poilu wrote:
damn, 56 years old, cancer is always unfair Crying or Very sad

+1 Sad
God bless you Martyn.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's awful. Really sad.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Such terribly sad news Sad I worked with Martyn for a while back in 2010 but wasn't aware that he had passed away Sad I remember his transition from a Fuji HS10 to a Canon 5D, fuelled by myself and a colleague (who was shooting a D3s at the time). We spent several lunch breaks shooting objects and comparing the shots to see which gave the best results - the bridge camera, my 5D with an old preset lens or the other chap with his wedding gear. Not sure we ever got to the bottom of it!

RIP Martyn.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RIP Martyn Sad

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Condolences.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh no, RIP and my condolence.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't been on this forum in a while, and as I was reading through this thread I realised how old it was. Martyn was one of the first people I interacted with on here, as my first manual lens was the same as one of his, and he took amazing photographs with his.

My condolences to the family and friends and RIP Martyn, you will be missed on this forum.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

woodrim wrote:
Fellow MFL members: Ian was good enough to do some research and unfortunately he discovered what many of us had feared. It appears that our friend Martyn has passed away earlier this year. I feel badly that I/we didn't know much earlier, but apparently no one here was close enough friend to have known. Please see the obituary at the following link and join me in a few moments of remembering Martyn, whether through prayer or however you choose to honor him and his memory.

http://announce.jpress.co.uk/23723249?s_source=jppo_ptp

I will remember Martyn as an enthusiastic photographer and contributor to this forum, and a very kind and generous person. In that light, I will be interested in pursuing a conclusion to his intended liquidation of his lens collection and donation to charity. You will all be receiving more information soon. I hope Stephen Saffer will read this and be motivated to provide an explanation (plausible) for his silence.

Very very sad new................ may he rest in peace Sad

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very sad.

I suggest we create a memorial table to cafe-sticky for members we know are not here any more, lines like this:

martyn_bannister (+real name?)
January 27th 2013 (if known)
http://forum.mflenses.com/mto-500-f8-and-nikon-d200-t55544.html#1287396 (last post here)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RIP, Martyn.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad news. RIP .

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad

Last edited by Alternate Internet ID on Fri Sep 06, 2013 6:20 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad to see one of us gone. RIP Martyn.