Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

I'm selling my entire collection.
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So sad, and a reminder to us all -- we can't take our lenses and cameras with us.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read the sad news yesterday and really didn't know what to say, so said nothing. Rest in Peace, Martyn.

Last edited by skida on Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:50 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RIP Martyn, you will be missed.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RIP Martyn

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Editing done.

Here is the Martyn's lens post by saffersteve, giving news about Martyn's collection :
http://forum.mflenses.com/martyns-lens-t61339.html

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh damn I haven't been on here a lot the past few years so I didn't realise Martyn passed. How very sad Sad

Sorry for bumping an old post but I wanted to express my condolences, I remember reading this topic when Martyn first posted it and how unfair it felt.

I'm sorry too that I all but disappeared from here. The collapse of my marriage back then really affected my enthusiasm for photography and it started to feel like I was going through the motions and that it was forced. I hope to return soon at least in some capacity.

RIP Martyn.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

+1, RIP Martyn

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a new member I would not have seen this post if it hadn't been bumped up.
To say it touched my Heart is an understatement.
Such a sad thing to happen to someone who was obviously nutty about Photography,and obviously a huge loss to all concerned.

RIP.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quite a long time out of the forums, just coming back and found this.
What a sad news. Sad
Rest in peace.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remarkably, it will be four years next month that Martyn has passed. One thing that has stuck in my mind from his last email to me was that he planned a cruise vacation in January. I'll never know if he was able to enjoy it, but do hope so given his passing wasn't until late in that month - the 27th.

Some MFL members have posted here after lengthy absences. It reminds me of others I have not heard from in quite some time. There is little way of knowing why someone disappears from our midst.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RIP Martyn.

If anyone remembers me, I'm still around. Shooting a lot. I post some of my daily work here:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/majorblack/

Hope everyone is well and exercising their eyeballs.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

woodrim wrote:
Remarkably, it will be four years next month that Martyn has passed. One thing that has stuck in my mind from his last email to me was that he planned a cruise vacation in January. I'll never know if he was able to enjoy it, but do hope so given his passing wasn't until late in that month - the 27th.

Some MFL members have posted here after lengthy absences. It reminds me of others I have not heard from in quite some time. There is little way of knowing why someone disappears from our midst.

I have been a little less often in the forums lately because I have moved from my wife, bought a new house +++ Wink