Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

I'm selling my entire collection.
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been away from this forum for a few weeks with the occasional drop-in lurk.

Today as I open my computer to the world wide web this is the very first thing I have looked at and in reading everyone's posts I am as gratified by the simple human kindness that has been universally expressed as I am touched by the change in one man's health and ability to carry on his hobby.

A hobby is just a simple entertainment for the mind, a human spirit is a powerful force.

Be strong Martyn Bannister, be true to yourself, be brave and know that out in the world you have many friends.

Pete

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

be strong Martyn and take on the journey, wish you all the best

Last edited by kuuan on Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:57 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just saw the thread today. Really sad news. Get well soon, Martyn.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

my_photography wrote:
Just saw the thread today. Really sad news. Get well soon, Martyn.

+1, best wishes from me, and thank you for all your interesting lens postings, photo results and comments on this forum Martyn

Best regards
Lars

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just found out about this and am quite in shock.
I wish you all the best Martyn and we'll be waiting for you to come back soon!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope you will get better. For me all photographers are friends.
Thinh.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, i just found this thread after replying on the other one yesterday ...
Now, i'm quite ashamed of my previous reply Embarassed ...

Best wishes for your health, Martyn ...

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am also "Johnny come lately" but what does it matter, wish you all Gods speed to health again Martyn!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:01 pm    Post subject: Take care Martin Reply with quote

Take care and best wishes from Scotland Martin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Martyn, Many here would also know nuts about me from Adam, mainly because I don't post here much, but I do wish you the very best and hope that everything pans out well for you, your health and family members.

Take Care and Get Well Soon!

CHEERS!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best of luck! Just discovered this .
Be strong , hope you'll be able to be back . you have friends here who pray for you , Martin !
Teo

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Martyn, in Italy we say "In bocca al lupo"!
Wink

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ellepi wrote:
Wink

Crepi!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

martyn_bannister wrote:
ellepi wrote:
Wink

Crepi!

Martyn...I do hope things work out for you. I personally know that there are times when other things are much more important than this hobby of ours. Wish you well in all things my friend.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has there ever been a follow through on Martyn's lenses? I haven't heard anything on this, or have I just missed it?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been wondering that for a while too.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

martyn_bannister wrote:
I would like to thank you all for your kind thoughts. I realise that most of you don't know me from Adam, except from my rambling and ill informed posts. In the couple of years I have been on this forum I have learnt an enormous amount, had many pleasant conversations with the vastly knowledgable and friendly people on here. I am truly grateful for that experience. The knowledge and skills shared with me here have been awesome.

I have taken Stephen (saffersteve) up on his kind offer to try to pull my collection together and sell it on in an informed way. Lets hope it all goes to good homes.

Many thanks to you all and I hope to chat again to you over the coming months. Take care and thanks again.

Being taken care of by Stephen.
OH

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, but that was a long time ago and we've not heard anything since. We know Stephen picked them up because he posted a pic of them all on his kitchen table, but unless I missed it, there's been no further news.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be interested to hear how Martyn is.

Anyone heard?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

martinsmith99 wrote:

Anyone heard?

+1 Surprised

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

+2

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be helpful to hear from Stephen (saffersteve) with an update on the situation, but his last post on this forum was 13 months ago! Confused

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

martinsmith99 wrote:

Me too.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fellow MFL members: Ian was good enough to do some research and unfortunately he discovered what many of us had feared. It appears that our friend Martyn has passed away earlier this year. I feel badly that I/we didn't know much earlier, but apparently no one here was close enough friend to have known. Please see the obituary at the following link and join me in a few moments of remembering Martyn, whether through prayer or however you choose to honor him and his memory.

http://announce.jpress.co.uk/23723249?s_source=jppo_ptp

I will remember Martyn as an enthusiastic photographer and contributor to this forum, and a very kind and generous person. In that light, I will be interested in pursuing a conclusion to his intended liquidation of his lens collection and donation to charity. You will all be receiving more information soon. I hope Stephen Saffer will read this and provide some news.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

damn, 56 years old, cancer is always unfair Crying or Very sad