Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Ebay seller member446885 Keith Rock
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:03 am    Post subject: Ebay seller member446885 Keith Rock Reply with quote

described this as optically perfect

I returned the lens and then had to chase my refund through paypal We exchanged bad feedback first time I have ever done this I would advise you to avoid his auctions as he clearly has no idea about the optical condition of a lens
here is the bad feed back left for me.
Quote:
BEWARE SELLERS-LIES FROM WORST COMMS BUYER-BANNED FROM ALL MY AUCTIONS-AVOID!!!!

prick!
http://forum.mflenses.com/ebay-nasty-sellers-to-avoid-t2626.html

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:34 am    Post subject: Re: Ebay seller member446885 Keith Rock Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
BEWARE SELLERS-LIES FROM WORST COMMS BUYER-BANNED FROM ALL MY AUCTIONS-AVOID!!!!

Yeah, i've seen that seller, that's its usual comment when he receives a negative ...

I'm afraid the Olympus 50mm I just bought came from him (the belgian seller I've got it from bought the same lens from Keith Rock last month)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been waiting for several months for a nice-condition Chinon CE-3 Memotron to show up at an affordable price, they're not exactly plentiful. Then on Saturday I saw this one from Rocky :
Click here to see on Ebay

The price was only $1 at the time. I thought it was worth a small risk and I put a maximum bid of $40 on it, and it won! The camera arrived yesterday, nicely wrapped up in a sealed poly bag and well packed in a new box, and it's in absolutely mint, unused, condition! There was a label stuck over the battery compartment with adhesive tape saying "working 6.1.06", which had never been removed. I put in a couple of new batteries and it does indeed seem to be working fine. (First roll in progress).

And he combined shipping with a couple of lens caps. So in this case I have to report that his service was excellent.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great! I have also nice experience with him, I suppose he is a volume seller and he don't care accurate description. So need a bit luck to purchase from him.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've also had good and bad from him. I think he's happy if 90% of his punters don't complain and doesn't care about the rest that do.
Best avoided unless desperate I think.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate to say this but I'va had only one dealing with him and it was actually decent - It was a Meyer Goerlitz Oreston 50mm f1:1.8. The shipping was also decently priced, so to quote others dealing with him can be the luck of the draw. His greatest problem is that he probably sells too much stuff so doesn't have the time to do the best assessment and because he can get away with it he doesn't care.

So with all of the input from this community, I'll take great care if I ever think to purchase from him - and I feel lucky.

Jim

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://toolhaus.org/cgi-bin/negs?User=member446885&Dirn=Received+by I gave up waiting for all the negative feedback to download Laughing

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have seen this guy on another thread as well - he is a very careless bulk seller who does not check his goods. If you get something decent from him it is luck. Try to return anything and he becomes evasive, lying and a really nasty operator. The recommendation from several people on this forum and elsewhere is to avoid him like the plague.

patrickh

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully this thread will show on Google he plays Ebay the worst way, when a volume seller can sidestep the bad feedback due to his volume of sales Ebay has failed and it is up to sites like this to report the reality. I take it this section of the forum is open to general view Atilla?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure it will show in Google for everybody.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm with Bob on this one - he really is an unpleasant piece of work, vindictive, lying and a cheat.

patrickh

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hacksawbob wrote:
http://toolhaus.org/cgi-bin/negs?User=member446885&Dirn=Received+by I gave up waiting for all the negative feedback to download Laughing

Great link! I loved the 13 negatives posted by the same buyer on the same day. But despite that he's still at 97.7%. As you say, bulk selling sidesteps the system.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:02 pm    Post subject: Changed his name Reply with quote

Seems his rep is catching up - he is now "rockycamera" with only 47 ratings as of today. Same old rocky though. You might be lucky, but don't expect anything if you get a lemon.

patrickh

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:43 am    Post subject: Foul-mouthed thief! Reply with quote

Aha! It's very interesting what you see when you search for someone whose dirt in Ebay is legendary!

I bought a Bronica GS-1 camera body bundled with a 110 macro lens, an AE prism finder and a 120 6x7 film back. I got it for what I think is a good price considering that it had an AE finder.

Anyway, the items arrived but the camera body was missing its battery chamber cover and a focusing screen. His description specifically said it was a "complete" camera, "ready to use" and "in working condition" and also "optically perfect."

At the time I bought these items, he was listing a whole lot of Bronica GS-1 cameras and accessories (probably liquidating a studio's old equipment). There were more than 8 bodies listed in about 2 weeks. In his other listings, he specifically noted if there were any broken or missing parts, especially battery chamber covers and focusing screens! The item that I bought did not mention any missing parts!

And so, I write this chap a message and he immediately acknowledged the possible mistake and said he was sending the missing items immediately. At that time, I again bought some items from him and the understanding was that he would include the items with the latest shipment. Well, the new items arrived and the missing parts were not there. I write him another message and he said he had already sent the missing parts on a separate package.

A lot of time had passed and the missing parts haven't arrived. After a slew of new messages, he says there might have been a problem with the post office and he said he will send a new set of the missing parts. Nothing arrived and he kept promising they were on the way. I was aware of the looming deadline for filing a dispute so I did file one accompanied by a cordial message to him that I am filing it just because the deadline was near and that I am taking his word that the items were on the way and that I would immediately close the dispute once I get the items.

All hell broke loose after the dispute and the toilet bowl of a mouth that he had immediately erupted. Filth was all over my inbox and I have never seen a dirtier man than he was. He immediately elevated the dispute into a claim and he was offering to give me a refund if I return all the items I bought. (Note: aside from the defective camera kit, there were two other lots that I bought from him and paid thru the same bill and sent thru the same shipment, thus it was a heavy lot and overseas at that) The idiot knew that I would have to spend a fortune to send the items to him (especially with a tracking number that Paypal required) and he would not pay for that return shipping, and I would not be refunded the original shipping charge "as per his listing policy." That meant that I would spend $70 plus to send the heavy package to him and would not be refunded the $63 that I paid for shipping originally. Thus, I would have had spent $133 and refunded $192 for missing parts that wouldn't cost $50! And the rascal wouldn't just give me a partial refund without returning the item. So much for Paypal protection! This guy would have to be crucified to pay for his sins!

My logical conclusions can only be these: he made a mistake of sending me another item listed at the same time as mine, and that one specifically indicated a missing battery chamber cover and focusing screen. He never cared to correct it (and spend some more on another shipment) because he knew he could get away with it by promising to send the items until the deadline for the dispute expires. A review of several months worth of negative feedbacks reveals that he had been doing the same thing over and over again! My fault, I only looked at several dozen recent reviews and failed to notice that the positives were actually from the same people over and over again (I wouldn't be surprised if these were his other accounts and were only fictitious sales to pump up his feedback history, never mind the token cost for listing as the items were only one cent or so items anyway).

Another theory is that he was making up for a bad move. The other two lots that I won at the same time as that camera were a 36mm extension tube and an 18mm extension tube, both for the GS-1, and I got them for like $12 or so each, literally a steal as no other member bid for them. The shipping was also cut in half because of the discount he was offering for combined items. He was probably so sore at the bad deal he got that he decided to remove my battery chamber cover and focusing screen so he can sell them and make up for his loss with the extension tubes. Besides, he can once again get away with it thru the same tactic. It is interesting to note that a few days after I made the purchase, he listed a battery chamber cover and a focusing screen for the GS-1. Of course, I haven't received my items yet at that time so I still haven't discovered these missing parts.

Lastly, one thing stands out in this story: why would he offer to give me a refund if I return all the items (and he was demanding that I return all three lots that I paid for at the same time for a refund, including the dead cheap extension tubes) if he really shipped the missing parts? He would have been confident that I would get them and that I would close the dispute. And, more importantly, didn't he say that he already shipped two sets of the replacement parts? Why would you issue a refund in that case?

Silly guy, the dirt in his mind have probably contaminated his mind as well. Mr. Keith Rock of 2 Highfield Road, West Moors, Ferndown, Dorset, BH22ONA, United Kingdom: when was the last time you had mouthwash?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shame so many of us have to learn the hard way. I cannot believe ebay lets him get away with it. Rocky is a piece of garbage and about as dishonourable a person as one could find outside a jail where he should be.

patrickh

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lomomagix wrote:
Aha! It's very interesting what you see when you search for someone whose dirt in Ebay is legendary!

Sorry for your bad experience with this guy. Although i knew about him, i mistakenly purchase a cheap filter sometime ago, fortunately everything went smooth.
ps: for the money you supposed to pay the return, you could hire someone to break his legs or something Twisted Evil

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a damn shame you got caught out by rocky, Lomo. I just wish more people would do a google on him before purchasing - his sales would drop like a rock.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The final episode in this saga - Paypal have decided in favour of Keith Rock and closed the case - he's told them he never received the packet, even though the Irish postal service tells me it was delivered and signed for - what a...

I did take it up with them but only got the 'Standard Answer 101' for which they are renowned.

Anyway, the light at the end of the tunnel may be found in the most recent Feedback - if it's one of us that left these comments, well done on some great work!!!

True Words

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paypal does not like to bite the hand that feeds it, even if it is a piece of garbage like rocky. Sorry about that Mal.

patrickh

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. Keith Rock

This is my official statement

Keith Rock aka rockycamera, former member446885
2 Highfield Road, West Moors, Ferndown,
Dorset, BH22ONA,
United Kingdom

in my honest and best opinion that

rockycamera is the ebay thief and scammer

I found today your auction #Click here to see on Ebay
I bought this lens last year from you and sent it back. You agreed and I have copy of your email that you promised to return my payment along with shipping charges and amount which I have to pay for postage from US to GB. Twice you sent me email that you have nothing delivered yet. Then you stopped to respond. You already proved that you are dishonest person not transfer back money to my paypal account. You are cheap and stupid person because you placed next listing with item which still belongs to me. You didn't send me any money, so lens, filter and case is my property and temporary only in your possession. How you can try to sell item doesn't belong to you? Tell me, or write that I am the lair.
I can show the lens from your auction Click here to see on Ebay, how it looks like inside.
Here you are.

and a winning bidder in your current auction will received this garbage.

I sent you this afternoon message as below. Reading it try to understand what you did. If somebody spit directly to your face don't try to play happy and say that "it is raining again"

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sent him second message.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good for you my friend - this may seem harsh to some people, but I'm 100% behind you.

Sometimes I think a cheap Ryanair flight to Bristol, then a swift drive to his hometown for a visit would be almost worth it.

Words cannot describe the loathing I have for this man - he's the worst of the worst.

Like you Voytek, I'm just waiting for the fungussed Tessar to appear again on eBay - it's almost inevitable, but as has been said, neither eBay nor Paypal will ever bite the hand that feeds. Regardless of what they promise.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I already fill the report to ebay about selling stolen item.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cross my fingers Voytek , pretty sad to see these lot of problems.