Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Ebay seller member446885 Keith Rock
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

patrickh wrote:
Why does ebay collude with this piece of @@@@? I know they are driven by the "profit motive" (a typical euphemism for greed), but this is essentially criminal

patrickh

You didn't know that Ebaypal are ciminals themselves?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the same person has three existing open ebay accounts

As on February 24.2009 at 1:15AM Central Time
1. Keith Rock member446885 has nothing to sale now

2. Keith Rock rockycamera is currently selling 1 item #120376795551

3. Keith Rock ferndowncameras is currently selling 99 items.

Three different skins. Any update is very welcome. Thank you in advance.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the update Voytek - perhaps it'll be third time lucky and Keith will finally get what's coming to him Twisted Evil

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought a T2->M42 adapter ring for $1.04 from Rocky. The item arrived, doesn't look damaged, but I'll test it tomorrow. However $1 is the highest amount I'm willing to pay to a seller with such reputation...

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The ebay seller in question has now changed his name again (the second change, third name) in order to drop his negative comments. This completely distorts the only real safeguard you offer, namely the customer comments. He has been known as
member446885 - under which name he defrauded me of $90
rockycamera - under which name he received a lot of negatives
and now he is operating as ferndowncameras
Why do you continue to support sellers like this who defraud a significant number of buyers? I belong to a forum which buys and sells a great deal on ebay - but we are all getting sick with your refusal to do anything to stop egregiously dishonest sellers like this. This is your problem and you are colluding in fraud by supporting him in his constant evasion of the rules, lying and deceit. Puts you in the same boat as him. Do you really want to be known as the auction place for liars and cheats? Your business ethics should be better than that, although I know that the time honoured malpractices of Sotheby's and their ilk continue despite the jail terms served by their owner/bosses. Frankly the public deserves to be better served than this.
Check out the thread on our forum:
http://forum.mflenses.com/ebay-seller-member446885-keith-rock-t8182.html
I also think I deserve some kind of thoughtful response rather than the callous "form letter" you sent last time.

That is an email I just sent to ebay's Trust Department (what a misnomer). I don't hold out any hope for a response, even a form letter, but it makes me feel I am doing something rather than roll over play dead. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

patrickh

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You've made my day. I think that sooner or later somebody will find the way to proof that Keith Rock is not only a liar but also the criminal.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's hope (without holding our breath) that they take it upon themselves to do something about this rogue trader - they're fast enough to chastise the 'small man' when they're a day late with paying fees or whatever, maybe they need to dish out some of that medicine to their so-called "Power" traders like Keith Rock.

I suspect the word Power means that these guys have eBay by the balls and are the ones controlling the situation...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hk300 wrote:
Xpres wrote:
Has anybody seen Rocky's website? !

there is a phone no ... Rocky - 07973 751809

and more ...
Contact Details -

Address. 2, Highfield Rd, West Moors, Bournemouth, Dorset, BH22 0NA

Telephone - 01202 862886/07973 751809

email -
rockyrockcameras.com@btopenworld.com

I'm new here, but a simple 'whois' lookup on the domain rockcameras.com reveals...

--------------------------------------------------------------------

whois -h whois.easyspace.com rockcameras.com

Registrant:
Keith Rock
67 Glenwood Road
Bournemouth, BH220EW
GB

Domain name: ROCKCAMERAS.COM

Administrative Contact:
Rock, Keith rockyrockcameras.com@btopenworld.com
67 Glenwood Road
Bournemouth, BH220EW
GB
01202 897075

Technical Contact:
Rock, Keith rockyrockcameras.com@btopenworld.com
67 Glenwood Road
Bournemouth, BH220EW
GB
01202 897075

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Regds,

Nigel.

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just received a S-M-C Tak 2.8/105 from ferndowncameras and when I read "Keith Rock" on the parcel I when nuts Evil or Very Mad !!! I was still on the impression that he only had the "member446885" account on Ebay..:-/

It's full of dust.... my initial 5 minutes check in the sun was ok(no fungus of other artifacts or scatches )...I will have to check it carefully later this afternoon with my strong light+Magnifying glass at home... Embarassed

Last edited by Keysersoze27 on Tue May 05, 2009 8:29 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too have dealt with him. The man is dishonest. I bought a couple of tele-wide extension lenses for a Yashica Electro 35 GSN, which he described as having "tested". They didn't fit. When I contacted him, he said he'd tried them out, and the lens thread of the Electro 35 must have changed on later models! I collect Yashica, having one of every model in the range, and he was simply lying. What he'd sent were lens attachments for a Yashica TLR. It was a lengthy process getting a refund (the cheque looked like it was written with crayon) and I still had to pay postage for his incompetent mistake.

Some people report positive experiences, but I should have heeded my previous and first experience with him, which was poor but in a minor way.

I suspect he relies on overseas buyers finding it too much hassle to pursue him when things go wrong.

He's an odious person to deal with. I'd add my voice to the serious cautions and risks of doing business with him. His trading names are now being mentioned by stung buyers in quite a number of photo forums.

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alex wrote:

I suspect he relies on overseas buyers finding it too much hassle to pursue him when things go wrong.

He's an odious person to deal with. I'd add my voice to the serious cautions and risks of doing business with him. His trading names are now being mentioned by stung buyers in quite a number of photo forums.

What's needed is a complaint to go to his local Trading Standards Office, for every bad purchase made from him. I've no doubt they've received a few, but if everyone did it, they'd start to build a case of sorts. They can, and do, take action but only if the complaints reach a threshold in number or a cumulative value - although what that is, is a mystery.

This is his local office:

Dorset County Council
Trading Standards Service
Colliton Annexe
County Hall
Colliton Park
Dorchester
Dorset
DT1 1XJ
t: 08454 040506 (Consumer Direct for consumer advice)
f: 01305 224297
e: tradingstandards@dorsetcc.gov.uk
http://www.dorsetforyou.com/tradingstandards/

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh my god.. why I didn't search ferndowncameras before I buy things from him....

I'm from Hong Kong, and I have purchased a camera (olympus pen ft with lens) from ferndowncameras. I received it yesterday, but the camera is not working properly at the speed 1/4 & 1/2, and lens is not really clean! i saw some marks in it. argh..

And I have contact him via ebay Message many times before i bid & after i received this item, but I DID NOT RECEIVE ANY REPLIES. sigh.....it might be stupid to still bid for this item when I don't receive any respond when I ask him a question? but when i saw the Return policy of him, and i thought it is safe enough to purchase from him although he got a few negative feedback..

And now, I have Message him for like 3 times and ebay (after I rec'd the item), and I only receive an email (from ebay) asking me to give feedback to this item. I did not give out a feedback yet, but I have tried to report a problem in Palypal (via Resolution Centre), I don't know if he will replies me or still ignore my messages, cos I think currently i'm still at a "communicate stage" with him... (actually im not sure, im quite fresh in ebay, and previous auctions run really smooth!!)

I don't know what I can do now, maybe wait and see if he replies, but I don't think he will.....at first (before i google him) I was thinking to ask him to pay for repair fee cos i think it will be trouble even he's willing to full refund (and pay for shipping fee of camera from HK back to UK?).. but now i don't gets any respond, and i just think it's not WORTH to buy a camera at that price, cos if I want it work properly I have to pay for like £50 repair fee and which the camera repair guy said it's not quite possible to clean the lens cos the mold marks will still in it, as it has been cleaned before....

So I'm thinking if i leave a feedback maybe i should say sth like "bad seller, PLS GOOGLE ferndowncameras"? Confused argh......

*** besides, I would like to ask, if i return the camera, is it suppose he will pay me back the shipping? or in fact might be only the camera cost? cos I don't think I am able to communicate with him, but I saw the tread here some poeple say they got refund after return products, but I felt it's so unsafe, whatif I return it, but I don't get my refund?

Confused Confused

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I NEED SOME HELP*

I got replies from paypal and keith rock claim that he didn't receive any message in ebay that's from me.

anyway.
He has set it to "Dispute escalated to claim" now, and I could not send him any message from now...

But i just wonder if anyone can let me know if I return the products, is it he won't pay back the shipping fee (from HK to UK & UK to HK) and only the price of the camera?

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rocky sometimes pay back right, sometimes not pay anything back , I suggest if camera is fixable keep it otherways you have good chance to loose your money and your camera both. Paypal perhaps pay you back , but not sure. I had good experience mostly with Paypal and I had good experience with Rocky too, but not everybody was lucky as you can read above.

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Attila, I've always found Ebay/Paypal claim procedure is very fair if you have done everything you should, and it sounds like you have in this case. Try to keep calm, don't appear to be angry and above all be patient. Did you email him through Ebay? If so there is a record of it and he can't deny receiving it. If you didn't then use Ebay to email him again now. And make sure you don't post any feedback until the matter is finally settled. Good luck. Smile

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Attila & Peterqd,

yes, that's the thing I'm thinking about, i don't want to lost the camera & money.... (it's not a small amount, and yes the camera can be fix...... as told by the camera repair guy)

He claimed that he didn't receive any message from me in ebay message system, I don't know is it true that he didn't receive msg from me in ebay, I send a copy to myself every time I send him a message, and i got all of them....

I have emailed him last night (not via ebay message system) and he did reply me, but does this mean there is no record in ebay? cos he said "why have you not used the ebay message system" in the email, but the fact is he said he dont' receive msg from me so that's why i email him ..........

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are sending anything back to Keith Rock, make sure it's 100% got to be signed for - I used Registered Post, the Irish postal service told me the item had been delivered and signed for, but Keith told PayPal he never received it...

Guess what? They believed him, and that was the end of that - they closed the case and found in favour of him.

So, be warned - even if he does promise a refund upon return of the goods - he just cannot be trusted.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mal1905 wrote:
If you are sending anything back to Keith Rock, make sure it's 100% got to be signed for - I used Registered Post, the Irish postal service told me the item had been delivered and signed for, but Keith told PayPal he never received it...

Guess what? They believed him, and that was the end of that - they closed the case and found in favour of him.

So, be warned - even if he does promise a refund upon return of the goods - he just cannot be trusted.

Shame on Paypal! This is truly unacceptable!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sigh so it seems that it's not a good idea for me to return the product & ask him to refund..

as it is actually not a cheap product, the cost is almost £180.....

but i guess if i give him an -ve feedback in ebay, he will probably give me a -ve too and saying i refuse to refund n blahblahblah...
however it's non sense to give him a +ve one...

hmmmmmm Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Shame on Paypal! This is truly unacceptable!

I agree with you Attila, but what more could I do? I faxed them the receipt for Registered Postage, with the Tracking number and website Track & Trace details clearly visible. I also photographed it and uploaded it to PayPal's site, but still they believe that thief when he says he never received it Mad

The lens was signed-for (I managed to get proof of delivery and a scan of the signature) by Keith Rock two days after I sent it...

This was their 'Resolution of Case..." email to me :

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

laamteen wrote:
sigh so it seems that it's not a good idea for me to return the product & ask him to refund..

but i guess if i give him an -ve feedback in ebay, he will probably give me a -ve too and saying i refuse to refund n blahblahblah...

Would I be right in saying that Keith Rock initiated the claim in this case? If yes, that's what he did when I told him I was going to report him for non-communication. Look very closely at his feedback - everybody else is a thief/liar/idiot, except Keith.

Do not be afraid to leave negative feedback if he doesn't resolve the problem and refund you - he's a bully and the world needs to know this. People are afraid of him because they get threatened by him - this is wrong, and needs to be addressed and stopped for once and for all...

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mal1905 wrote:
laamteen wrote:

Would I be right in saying that Keith Rock initiated the claim in this case? If yes, that's what he did when I told him I was going to report him for non-communication. Look very closely at his feedback - everybody else is a thief/liar/idiot, except Keith.

Do not be afraid to leave negative feedback if he doesn't resolve the problem and refund you - he's a bully and the world needs to know this. People are afraid of him because they get threatened by him - this is wrong, and needs to be addressed and stopped for once and for all...

Yes! Keith initiate the claim, in fact due to no replies from ebay message so I am trying to reach him via paypal ( I thought paypal is another way to contact him because I forget i actually got his email address in the auto reply msg of winning the item...).. and he is the one who escalate a dispute..

And now, I am trying ask him if he's willing to pay for repair fee instead of posting the item back ... well, i guess he won't pay for repair fee even it's needed.. but i think it might be really too risky for me to post the item back as I might not be able to get a refund... i don't want to take the risk. argh.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

laamteen, i was in a similar situation as yours with keith..about a month ago I bought several item from him which I never received. My guess is that he never shipped the items I won to me!!! Luckily, he refunded me fully. I might be one of the few lucky ones who got a refund from our Mr. Keith here. Anyway, I am now on his 'banned bidder' list and I'm not allowed to bid on any of his items anymore...no big loss, I think.

Anyway, in your case, since you DID get the camera and the item DOES cost a lot of money, even though it's not working...my advice is to keep it and eat the repair costs. At least you have your camera, and it is repairable..which is good. If u send it back to him, he might claim that he didn't receive it and then he won't refund you...which is the worst case scenario. Just leave him a really -ve feedback, and try to get PayPal or your credit card company to refund you. I think in your case, there's a really slim chance that he will refund you himself. You should try to get a refund from Paypal or your credit card company instead. And don't worry, sellers on eBay cannot leave -ve feedbacks for you now..only the buyers can do that to the sellers.

So in short, keep the camera, repair it, and leave Keith a really stinking feedback.

Hope this helps. =)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been having problems with 'our Keith' too - he seems to have discovered some negative things I said about him (I believe along the lines of "I take pictures of pond-life but hate buying from them') and he has complained to eBay about me!

The comments were not made on eBay but in a private forum which he, somehow, infiltrated!

Be warned, this scum-bag is not worth dealing with. I pointed out to eBay that I have 100% rating from buyers and sellers and never had a succesful claim made against me EVER. I asked them to compare that to Keith's multitude of complaints and many 'incarnations' as he changes his ID to run away from his negative feedback.

We shall see...

Doug.

daniirwan wrote:
laamteen, i was in a similar situation as yours with keith..about a month ago I bought several item from him which I never received. My guess is that he never shipped the items I won to me!!! Luckily, he refunded me fully. I might be one of the few lucky ones who got a refund from our Mr. Keith here. Anyway, I am now on his 'banned bidder' list and I'm not allowed to bid on any of his items anymore...no big loss, I think.

Anyway, in your case, since you DID get the camera and the item DOES cost a lot of money, even though it's not working...my advice is to keep it and eat the repair costs. At least you have your camera, and it is repairable..which is good. If u send it back to him, he might claim that he didn't receive it and then he won't refund you...which is the worst case scenario. Just leave him a really -ve feedback, and try to get PayPal or your credit card company to refund you. I think in your case, there's a really slim chance that he will refund you himself. You should try to get a refund from Paypal or your credit card company instead. And don't worry, sellers on eBay cannot leave -ve feedbacks for you now..only the buyers can do that to the sellers.

So in short, keep the camera, repair it, and leave Keith a really stinking feedback.

Hope this helps. =)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nemesis101 wrote:
I have been having problems with 'our Keith' too - he seems to have discovered some negative things I said about him (I believe along the lines of "I take pictures of pond-life but hate buying from them') and he has complained to eBay about me!

Too funny - pond-life is perhaps the most apt description I've heard for Keith - he is after all a true bottom-dweller Twisted Evil

nemesis101 wrote:
The comments were not made on eBay but in a private forum which he, somehow, infiltrated!

He most likely lurks here as well - I mean, we've made him aware of the forum on numerous occasions, and he has referred to us as "a bunch of self righteous arseholes with God complexes" {his words, not mine} - he blatantly and openly refers to people as liars, and I'll never forget the "banned idiot German buyer" comment which he left after getting some negative feedback Rolling Eyes

nemesis101 wrote:
Be warned, this scum-bag is not worth dealing with. I pointed out to eBay that I have 100% rating from buyers and sellers and never had a succesful claim made against me EVER. I asked them to compare that to Keith's multitude of complaints and many 'incarnations' as he changes his ID to run away from his negative feedback.

As has been said before, eBay really don't give a damn about the little man and the woes he endures - they make the bucks from the likes of this prick, and turn a blind eye to any misgivings. Now, if it was you or me...I'm quite sure that the Bay-area police would be down on us like a ton of bricks, and we'd be banned...