Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

3 Portraits - Fuji Neopan Acros 100/Aculux 3 9min
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:03 am    Post subject: 3 Portraits - Fuji Neopan Acros 100/Aculux 3 9min Reply with quote

Macro Takumar 100/4

S-M-C Takumar 85/1.8

S-M-C Takumar 85/1.8

Spotmatic
Fuji Neopan Acros 100 developed in Aculux 3 for 9 minutes.
Canon Canoscan FS2710

Getting a hang of getting something out of the negatives now. Smile Now I have to get going on capturing something interesting too Wink.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great work, i love the 2nd and especially the last one for the pose. This film has a lso a very good rendition, superb dev Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very good ones Zewrak, I like the sunny feeling that surfaces from the beautiful grey tones. Keep up the good work.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You sure are getting great results from Acros, and your subject matter certainly doesn't hurt!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those are great portraits, with only one minus point: the pictures are too small Wink

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spotmatic wrote:
Those are great portraits, with only one minus point: the pictures are too small Wink

Some might be available on my flickr www.flickr.com/photos/zewrak

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

#2 & #3 for me.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Those are great portraits, with only one minus point: the pictures are too small

Totally agree. So good portraits, I want to see them bigger, Smile especially nr. 3 is very appealing.

Cheers
Tobias

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

+1 for Acros
+1 for the model
Smile

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acros is just plain awesome at capturing those mid-tones. The film is one of the best for capturing micro-contrast as it tends to 'smooth' tones out. I've have found, for my tastes, that it requires slightly more punch. A little higher filter in the enlarger (a 2 1/2 or 3) works nicely.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand ACROS is a slightly tweaked version of Delta 100 made under license by Fuji; would be interesting to do a careful comparison between them!