Home
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

3 Portraits - Fuji Neopan Acros 100/Aculux 3 9min
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:03 am    Post subject: 3 Portraits - Fuji Neopan Acros 100/Aculux 3 9min Reply with quote

Macro Takumar 100/4

S-M-C Takumar 85/1.8

S-M-C Takumar 85/1.8

Spotmatic
Fuji Neopan Acros 100 developed in Aculux 3 for 9 minutes.
Canon Canoscan FS2710

Getting a hang of getting something out of the negatives now. Smile Now I have to get going on capturing something interesting too Wink.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great work, i love the 2nd and especially the last one for the pose. This film has a lso a very good rendition, superb dev Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very good ones Zewrak, I like the sunny feeling that surfaces from the beautiful grey tones. Keep up the good work.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You sure are getting great results from Acros, and your subject matter certainly doesn't hurt!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those are great portraits, with only one minus point: the pictures are too small Wink

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spotmatic wrote:
Those are great portraits, with only one minus point: the pictures are too small Wink

Some might be available on my flickr www.flickr.com/photos/zewrak

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

#2 & #3 for me.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Those are great portraits, with only one minus point: the pictures are too small

Totally agree. So good portraits, I want to see them bigger, Smile especially nr. 3 is very appealing.

Cheers
Tobias

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

+1 for Acros
+1 for the model
Smile

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acros is just plain awesome at capturing those mid-tones. The film is one of the best for capturing micro-contrast as it tends to 'smooth' tones out. I've have found, for my tastes, that it requires slightly more punch. A little higher filter in the enlarger (a 2 1/2 or 3) works nicely.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand ACROS is a slightly tweaked version of Delta 100 made under license by Fuji; would be interesting to do a careful comparison between them!