Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

what are the biggest bargains you have found?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just found a Leitz Telyt R 560mm f/6.8 for 350 euros, with the shoulder stock... And a free 400mm f/6.8 lens head because a little bit of fungus inside. Not bad considering the crazy prices they go sometimes, especially the 560...

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Super Takumar 50mm f1.4 eight element with bonus Spotmatic.
Very happy camper!
OH

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few months back, I won an Ebay auction for a Noctilux 0.95 for the outrageous record low price of $4,420. It would've been the bargain of the century since people pay $10,000 for that lens. Of course... the seller turned out to be a scammer so that deal never happened and Ebay shut down their account.

One that did work out- I paid $170 for a lot of 14 vintage lenses. One of them was a f0.85 25mm Fujinon TV lens so that was a pretty good deal.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just bought Pentax-m 50 1.7 and Vivitar 28-200 (kobori) in pentax k mount for $30 including shipping. Ebay.
Great deal!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This thread should be closed - how can't it never happen to me? Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haven't been here long enough to read this whole thread, but my bargains;

Bought my Takumar 55 1.8 for $15 on local craigslist
Bought my Sears 28 2.8 for $10 on local CL
I paid decent money for my Rikenon 55 1.4 at $60

Recently I bought a Canon Rebel G film camera for $125 - but it came with a Canon EF 50 1.4. (AF, I know, but a bargain)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finger crossing and waiting for my Meyer Görlitz Primagon 35/4,5 red V to arrive, 45€

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

480sparky wrote:

And last night I picked up a new-in-box Arctic Butterfly for $75 (normally $125)... 'cuz it was listed on Ebay as Artic Butterfly.

I love it when that happens. I've scored good deals on a few items off eBay where they were mislisted or misspelled.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just bought a Jupiter 37A MC 135mm f3.5 (made by KOMZ in 1986) with T->Nikon Ai mount for 11€

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I received my Telyt 560mm... This thing is a beast ! I paid 350 euros, and the 400mm lens head was also included for free, with shoulder stock, because it had a little bit of fungus inside.
After opening the lens, I realized that it was just dust. Nice. Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought and sold a lot of M42 gear when I was a camera dealer, but I've never put any of it into my private collection until recently. That is, I now own a small assortment of M42 lenses. But until recently I had no M42 cameras. Well, now I do.

There's a "thrift store" that sells used stuff -- mostly clothes -- for cheap, and it's about a half-block from my house. My wife loves to go there and pick through the clothes, frequently finding nice pieces that fit her which still have the sales tags on them, IOW, they were never used. I will usually drop in there maybe once a week or so because they have a shelf where they keep photo gear and cell phones and the like. I've found some good deals there in the past. And this last time was no exception: a very clean Asahi Pentax Spotmatic with Neverready case and a 50mm f/1.4 Super Tak lens. Plus it has an accessory cold shoe mounted, so a flash can be used without having to resort to a flash handle. I paid $12 for it. I figure the case is worth more than that. So is that flash adapter accessory.

This camera has the good case made from leather with a plush interior. Not any of that pressed paper shit that starts to fall apart after 10 or 15 years. I never use neverready cases, but I love buying cameras that have spent their lives in one because usually they are close to mint. So yeah, cases really do protect a camera from abuse. That was the case with this Spotmatic. Super clean. The lens is too, although I spotted a small nick on the edge of the filter ring (visible in the photo), otherwise it would be spotless too.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billou wrote:
I received my Telyt 560mm... This thing is a beast ! I paid 350 euros, and the 400mm lens head was also included for free, with shoulder stock, because it had a little bit of fungus inside.

Shoulder stock and all - lucky sod Smile

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billou wrote:

ha, try using that in a public place!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Minolta 35, first rangefinder model (1947) with Super Rokkor 45mm with m39 mount for 45 quid Wink

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A handmade genuine leather half-case for my Fuji X-E1 for €1,50 (plus €1,90 shipping)!

Yeah! Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A Contax Zeiss 85mm f2.8 arrived at the door today, and I remembered I had a c/y adapter stuck to an old lens that I had filed away in the dry box and kinda forgotten about a few years ago. At the time, my father had found his old Yashica camera with a few soligors and others when I had expressed an interest in photography. It was my first experience with manual focus lenses and I quickly got bitten, and equally quickly moved to Konica's.

So, my bargain of the year, a Yashica 35mm f2.8 ML for free. I've deleted my Zeiss 35mm f2.8 ebay search for now Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The four people that bought the six charity shop cameras I put on ebay Friday. I put 6 on at low BIN prices and sold the lot within 2 hours. I made £75 clear profit.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Running some errands in town I did my usual scan through all the charity shops I pass.

Bit of a result today, CZJ MC Flektogon 35mm f/2.4 for £5.

Aftermarket lens cap, skylight filter fitted (good sign), missing rear cap (bad sign).

Front and rear elements are pristine (phew.. .. the missing rear cap had me worried), a couple of bits of dust inside but no fungus.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the local fleamarket, I just picked up a Jupiter 37A MC and Industar 61 L/Z MC for 55 USD total, very happy, lenses invery good condition

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I should wait until i receive it, but I can't resist:
Friday I found, on a local ad site, a contax 139 Quartz with three lenses.
The lenses were all in contax soft pouches, with original caps and all with a tamron uv filter fitted.
Price was €70 + €20 shipping.
I mailed the seller to ask what lenses were included, but he didn't answer. So I pulled the trigger on it anyway.
I got an answer this morning: the package was shipped yesterday and it contains:
Distagon 28/2.8
Sonnar 135/2.8
And...
Planar 85/1.4
All in pristine condition, according to the seller, who, however is "not an expert" (his own words).
I should receive it on Tuesday, I hope they won't be a total mess, but even if they were far from perfect it may be worth have them serviced.
Fingers crossed.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats, that's a fantastic score. Probably in the worst case scenario you'll have some fungus to deal with, which is really nothing given the price you've paid and the stuff you've got.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aanything wrote:
I should wait until i receive it, but I can't resist:
Friday I found, on a local ad site, a contax 139 Quartz with three lenses.
The lenses were all in contax soft pouches, with original caps and all with a tamron uv filter fitted.
Price was €70 + €20 shipping.
I mailed the seller to ask what lenses were included, but he didn't answer. So I pulled the trigger on it anyway.
I got an answer this morning: the package was shipped yesterday and it contains:
Distagon 28/2.8
Sonnar 135/2.8
And...
Planar 85/1.4
All in pristine condition, according to the seller, who, however is "not an expert" (his own words).
I should receive it on Tuesday, I hope they won't be a total mess, but even if they were far from perfect it may be worth have them serviced.
Fingers crossed.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you that they're all ok, what a bargain!!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fermy wrote:
Congrats, that's a fantastic score. Probably in the worst case scenario you'll have some fungus to deal with, which is really nothing given the price you've paid and the stuff you've got.

That's what I thought as well, and the reason why I bought that even before knowing what lenses were there (I could identify the sonnar from the pics, and I thought one was a planar 50/1.7, but I would have never thought to find a planar 85 in there), so not really risky.

SonicScot wrote:

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you that they're all ok, what a bargain!!

Thanks!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A couple of bargains from last 12 months that I remember:

MC W.Rokkor SI 28/2.5 for 31 Euro
MC Rokkor 50/2 for 5 Euro
Canon FD SSC 400/4.5 mint,cased for 150 Euro
Mint Hexanon AR 28/3.5 and 50/1.7 AE for 25 Euro each
Tamron SP 300/5.6 Macro for 23 Euro
Minolta MD Rokkor 50/1.4 55mm mint for 45 Euro
Hexanon AR Macro 55/3.5 - mint,cased wit 1:1 adapter - 85 Euro
m42 EBC Fujinon 55/1.8 - 13 GBP
m42 Fujinon 55/1.8 with Fujica body+m42 EBC Fujinons 135/3.5 and 28/3.5+Philips flash and bag - 62 Euro

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Angénieux 3x70 (70-210mm) f3,5. Original caps, pouch and lenshood. Even certificates of origin/authenticity. OM mount.

10€ Very Happy