Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

what are the biggest bargains you have found?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I consider my very first red T* to be a bargain, a Planar 50/1.7 for just £39 Smile

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gaeger wrote:
Spending $525 would seem like too much to qualify for a bargain, but in this case it did. For that I got a Nikon FM2 and four Nikkor lenses: 50mm f1.2 AIS, 28mm f3.5 AI, 105mm f2.5 AIS and 80-200mm f2.8 AF-D two-ring zoom, plus a couple of flashes and some odds and ends in a nice case -- all from the original owner and all in excellent condition. I then resold the 80-200mm for $650. Which makes, I think, for a pretty good deal.

Sometimes people just underestimate what their gear is worth. I once bought a huge pentax outfit that had a black mx body and a bunch of lenses in mint condition for $375 BIN on ebay. I sold everything except the mx body, winder and 50mm F1.4 for approx. $1200 on ebay.
I later changed my mind and sold the mx, winder, and 50mm for another $300.

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got a Mamiya 4.5/180 for RB67 for 13ukp. Arrived today and it's mint, like it's never been used. I feel a bit bad taking the cells out to put in a shutter to use on my Century Graphic because it's in such nice condition, but I don't have and don't want an RB67, so out them cells must come.

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A Soligor 28 2.8 in mint condition for 2,5 EUR, not bad.

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think it's big bargains, but still good price I guess :

Bought today a Zenitar-M 50/1.7 : 30 euros (with Zenit 18, but it's a detail)

Also got some weeks ago a Jupiter-3 5cm red P L39 for 80 euros

Both in great condition.

Now I need to find a girl for portraits Confused

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The zenitar is my favourite portrait lens does magic with blondes and also amazing for b&w you will love it i think its a good price

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I picked up a Soligor 28/2.8 with caps and skylight filter recently for $3.90 USD at a thrift shop. Tokina-made. Glass and cosmetics in great condition. When I receive my EOS adapter and start shooting I'll see if it's a bargain. But back in the day I considered Soligor a serious step down from Vivitar. I understand the C/D flavor is well thought of, but this is not one of those.

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

frenched wrote:
...But back in the day I considered Soligor a serious step down from Vivitar. I understand the C/D flavor is well thought of, but this is not one of those.

Perhaps on a crop sensor it will be better. You could be pleasantly surprised. Not much wasted if its no good and you'll get five times the cost if you sold it on. A Winner!!

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

frenched wrote:
...But back in the day I considered Soligor a serious step down from Vivitar. I understand the C/D flavor is well thought of, but this is not one of those.

Perhaps on a crop sensor it will be better. You could be pleasantly surprised. Not much wasted if its no good and you'll get five times the cost if you sold it on. A Winner!!

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Recently went to Vienna and picked up a mint Super-Takumar 28/3.5 (later version, almost identical to s-m-c) for EUR 40 and a Pentax K 105/2.8 for EUR 70. All in all, I'm extremely pleased with both, all the more when seeing the humble Super-Tak outresolving and outcontrasting my DA 21 limited.

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paid $125.00 Can. methinks one of the best bargains for my Hassy ever.

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poolhall wrote:
Pentax SMC Takumar 100/4 in its case for £4 with a Pentax uv filter too -but no hood -still you can't have everything!

Why would you want a hood? 100/4 macro is deeply recessed.

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last week I bought from a local charity shop, 2 Carl Zeiss Jenna Tessars 50/2.8, an Olympus Zuiko 50/1.8, Hanimex 28/2.8 and a Miranda 24/2.8 for £15. The Zuiko came with an OM20 and the 2 Tessars with Praktica bodies all in good condition.
Today I bought a Vivitar 17-28/f4-4.5 wide angle zoom and Nikon 50 1.8 E for £30, both mint. I don't know how much of a bargain these are but I know the Nikon is a good lens and I'm hoping the Vivitar proves to be good too.

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Braddanman wrote:
Last week I bought from a local charity shop, 2 Carl Zeiss Jenna Tessars 50/2.8, an Olympus Zuiko 50/1.8, Hanimex 28/2.8 and a Miranda 24/2.8 for £15. The Zuiko came with an OM20 and the 2 Tessars with Praktica bodies all in good condition.
Today I bought a Vivitar 17-28/f4-4.5 wide angle zoom and Nikon 50 1.8 E for £30, both mint. I don't know how much of a bargain these are but I know the Nikon is a good lens and I'm hoping the Vivitar proves to be good too.

Laughing

Have a look at image I just posted on this Nikkor 50 F2 thread -> http://forum.mflenses.com/nikkor-50mm-f2-ai-s-t13007,start,15.html

I'm still freaking out about this sister lens to what you just bought.

I paid $20 for mine and it's very worn out but it still produces stunning images.

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After good results with Konica Hexanon AR 50mm f1.7, a few days ago I checked on internet our flea market. There was a Konica Hexanon AR 28mm f3.5 for (after negotiation) 35€, shipping included. The seller said it is in excellent condition. Today, after opening the package I had a smile till my ears.

Like new. Probably never used. I can’t wait for adapter to see what it delivers.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:38 am    Post subject: CAR BOOTY! Reply with quote

Just popped down to the local, monthly car boot today. There were only 20 stalls, so I did't expect much. Till I saw the camera bag...

...containing:

Minolta Dynax 5000i C/W
Minolta 35-80 f4-5.6

Monolta 100-300 f4.5-f5.6

Minolta 100mm Macro F2.8

2x Minolta Dynax Control cards

manual and book for the Dynax 5000i

Minolta Macro flash control units - alas no heads and manual

Minolta eyecup

Cobra 700AF-Mi dedicated autofocus flash

2 Minolta to hot shoe adapters

2 cokin A holders and 46mm rings

2 Cokin filters

4 circular polarisers (1 for each lens and another)

Batteries, film, Pullman bag.

Soft and Cross filters and other misc filters

plus a

Olympus OM1 with Miranda 28-200 zoom in small case.

The Oly is a little battered but the shutter seems to work well, its missing the on-off switch but that can be achieved with a toothpick!!

The Minolta is working and has good batteries. In nice condition too.

I'm really pleased with the 100mm macro lens. It is a pity the macro flash heads are missing.

oh, just £10 for the minolta and £5 for the Olympus.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry about the rubbish quality of the photos. I was using a Bell & Howell 28mm lens. Very soft!!

talking of rubbish quality lenses, I'm taking the Miranda 28-200 for a walk this afternoon.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow thats an amazing price the Minolta 100mm Macro sells for £250+ all day long, Lovely lens I have one

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eddieitman wrote:
Wow thats an amazing price the Minolta 100mm Macro sells for £250+ all day long, Lovely lens I have one

I looked and was shocked at the prices it was selling for. My decision to buy was when I saw the macro lens I expected it would be worth quite a bit.

I've ordered an adapter for the NEX. Now the big decision is whether to keep the macro or sell it.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its a nice lens will dig out some shots from it if you like, If you want to dispose of the A type filters i may be interested, let me know

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just bought a used Canon camera with a 50mm f/1.2 new FD on it, looks like new, for 90 euros Cool

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Long time reader, first time poster...

I picked up a Konica AR 28/3.5, including case but without front cap at a local flea market for the equivalent of 7 USD. In very good condition, looks to hardly have been used.
I then completed the set with a 50/1.7 and a 135/3.5 w/case for another 35 USD.
Now if only my adapter would arrive, so I can start using them...

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eddieitman wrote:
Its a nice lens will dig out some shots from it if you like, If you want to dispose of the A type filters i may be interested, let me know

pm sent

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A Pentax 67II body in very good condition for 105 EUR. Laughing

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No wonder you're laughing! Well done! Smile Mr. Green