Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

what are the biggest bargains you have found?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent price and camera,now comes the expensive part,buying lenses and other nice toys to complement it.Regards

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kryss wrote:
Excellent price and camera,now comes the expensive part,buying lenses and other nice toys to complement it.Regards

The Pentax 6X7 lenses are surprisingly good value on Ebay.
I thought that they would be more expensive.
OH

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, that IS a very good bargain, congrats. Just get the later MC edition 105/2.4, and you are good.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys. It's my best deal ever.
@rawhead: Is the late 67 105 2.4 much better than Takumar 105 2.4? I'm going to buy 55mm, 105mm and 165mm, but I'm not sure which one to get.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vivitar Series 1 24-48 for £25. Most happy, but need another NEX adaptor now...

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kyonthinh wrote:
Thanks guys. It's my best deal ever.
@rawhead: Is the late 67 105 2.4 much better than Takumar 105 2.4? I'm going to buy 55mm, 105mm and 165mm, but I'm not sure which one to get.

it's smc so better against flare.

105/2.4 is a MUST HAVE. The other ones are OK to have, but I go to other cameras for medium tele and wide angle. But that 105/2.4 is just so, so special.

Here are some samples:

http://www.flickr.com/search/?w=88929764@N00&q=67II

Except for one wideangle shot (45mm) and one that is tagget 67II but really is my Speed Graphic, all the other shots you see there are 105/2.4 on my 67II. I only keep around the 300mm F4 for my 67II Smile

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Found an absolutely MINT Super Takumar 50mm f1.4 with both original caps (Asahi Takumar) for $5 at a local thrift store. Smile

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's what I've got for 65 Euros including shipping.

Soligor C/D 135mm f2
Konica 57mm f1.4
Konica 35mm f2.8
Tokina RMC 80-200 f4
Konica Autoreflex T
Konica Autoreflex TC
Vivitar 283 thyristor flash with lens attachment and 4 lenses
Novoflex Automatic bellows
Kaiser Slide projector
Cokin filter holder with one filter
UV filters for every lens and a couple of hoods
Book "Konica my love" Laughing
Manuals and Konica brochures

I haven't even tried the Tokina yet, but the first 3 beauties will definitely get a lot of use Very Happy . Here they are. As a bonus a quick snap with 57mm f1.4 Hexanon.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't know if it's much of a bargain but I got Kiron 80-200/4.5 Macro, Kiron 28/2, Kiron MC7 2x TC (all in MD mount) and Minolta MD 50/1.7 all for $20. Complete with the original manuals and a Minolta film body that I gave away. The glass is pristine except Kiron tele has 3 spots on the inside of front element that look like dried oil drops (a tiny dot in center of a bigger faint circular area about 1.5mm in diameter). From what I see, it has no effect on IQ.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's been a while since I've checked in here, but I've continued to shop for deals and found a few.

A couple of months ago, I found this little gem in a 2nd-hand store:

That's a Zeiss Ikonta with 75mm Tessar and Synchro Compur shutter. The price? How about $3.57? It's in fantastic condition and is probably the best deal I've ever found on a camera -- apart from having one given to me, of course. Incidentally, this is the same camera that Wilhelm used in the photo shoot he posted here:

http://forum.mflenses.com/zeiss-ikonta-524-16-studio-portraits-on-kodak-portra-160nc-t35388,highlight,%2Bzeiss+%2Bikonta.html

I haven't put any film through it yet because the slow speeds are sticky and I haven't had it serviced yet.

About a week ago, I bought a Canon New F-1 off eBay for a price I haven't seen in a long time -- $150. The camera is in beautiful shape. Just has a bit of brassing on the corners. The lens didn't come with the camera; I just added it for compositional reasons.

I've been a big fan of the original Canon F-1 for almost 30 years, but have never had a chance to use a New F-1 until just recently. My initial impressions of it are simple: it's built like a tank. I didn't think that a camera could be much stouter than the original F-1, but it looks like Canon succeeded with the New model. I'll swear, if I needed to I could drive nails with it. I've run only one roll of film through it so far, but haven't had it developed yet. The meter is dead on and, given the nature of the shutter, so is it. It came with an AE screen (average metering, split image with micro-prism circle focusing aid). I found a PC screen at KEH and bought it. The PC screen is plain matte, partial area metering. As near as I can determine, the P screens function identically to the way the old F-1 meters a scene, a system which I prefer over most others I've come across. The search is on now for a reasonably priced motor drive or winder for this camera.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just won an eBay auction for a mint X-Fujinon EBC 55/3.5 Macro and I paid less than 100 euros including shipping. Not the best deal I've ever made but I never thought I would get this lens for such a good price Smile

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today at a flea market I bought an almost mint Fujica st801 with case and ebc Fujinon 1.8/55 for € 30.
Everything is perfect, except light seals that I've already replaced, and considering this is by far my fav m42 camera (I already own one), I'm extremely happy.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As mentioned elsewhere:

Nikon f-301 with Nikkor 1.8/50, Nikon Series E 2.8/28, ever ready case and Book
Ricoh FF-1 mini compact
Yashica Campus RF

Total paid: £6.15

Latest Acquisitions by skida, on Flickr

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This week i got at local flea markets the following:

Carl Zeiss Prakticar (flektogon) 35mm 2.4 - was in bad condition, but its nice after cla
Pentacon 200mm f/4 preset, late version - like new, i don't know if it was ever used, the finish on the m42 screw looks untouched
Pentax Takumar M42 105mm f/2.8
Pentax Takumar M42 35mm f/3.5

All together was 30 CHF Smile
There were other nice deals, but I think that I am not allowed to bring too much metal and glass home :p

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meyer Domiron 50 f2 in Black colour for 80€ among other things.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mint Chinon 28-50 MC in PK. Not a mark on it, original caps, case strap and box. Not even any mounting marks on the bayonet... it looks unused. Price? Under £10.

No idea on the quality, and I'm not really into zooms, but I couldn't leave it there in this kind of condition.

Any info on it, or example shots?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:11 am    Post subject: 1st manual focus zoom in the bag... Reply with quote

Vivitar series 1 70-210/3.5 Macro by Kino-Kiron...found at Goodwill...in excellent 'nik'...

Excellent color, contrast and freedom from flare...
It has a very long focusing throw that makes focusing more difficult than with shorter throw focusing lenses such as Nikkors...
Focusing would be easier wide open on Nikon bodies (that makes use of auto-aperture) than focusing stopped down on Canons with an adapter...but obviously it can be done...but you've got to have good eyes Wink

100% crop...on Canon 30D

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bid on this and won it a few days ago:

Click here to see on Ebay

Mostly I was looking for a clean Vivitar Series 1 28-90mm in Canon FD mount. Unfortunately, most of the ones I found had BINs that were more than what this auction closed at. Turns out I was the only bidder. Fifty bucks and I get a minty black AE-1P as a rear lens cap. Always wanted a black AE-1P . . .

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Few weeks ago while visiting my parents I bought EBC Fujinon 55mm 1.8 at Northampton car boot sale for 3 Pounds.
It had really stiff focusing, so I disassemble it, clean, lubricate and put it back together as it is really nice lens.
It's very sharp wide open and delivers nice colours and pleasant bokeh.

And here we go with few quick snapshots taken with it (all straight from EOS 600d):

f/1.8

f/1.8 or 2.8 (don't remember Wink )

f/8

f/1.8 (focus on the second daisy - not the one in the center but the one on the right)

f/1.8

100% Crop of the above at wide open

Mateusz

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought another one of these

http://forum.mflenses.com/minolta-md-35-105mm-f-3-5-4-5-macro-zoom-t59071,highlight,+minolta++macro++zoom.html

$9 + $32 for shipping.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Managed to get off a local auction site:

Killfit 40mm 2.8 1:1 Macro for about $20

www.bidorbuy.co.za/item/102398387/KILFITT_MACRO_KILAR_D_1_2_8_4cm_C_LENS.html

And a Minolta 58mm 1.2 for $30 cause the guy thought the iris was missing, iris was stuck open, easiky fixed and it's beautiful:)

www.bidorbuy.co.za/item/104062116/Minolta_X_300_58mm_f1_2_lens_10x_expired_FujiFilm_Superia_100_24exp_PLEASE_SEE_DESCRIPTION.html

And a Pentacon 135mm 2.8 zebra bokeh monster for $18 from a market sale

Use the macro all the time, the minolta weighs a ton so I sold it for a good profit!!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there my turn !

If everything goes as planned i should receive a Zeiss 100 f2 makro planar for which I paid only 240 € which seems a very good price Smile

Hopefully I ll post some picture with it and my OMD soon on this thread Smile

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On Sunday I bought a Tokina 17mm f3.5 for £35, Nikon mount. I'm not sure how much of a bargain it is though. Certainly cheaper than I would have got on ebay. I just wish my Nikon would expose in aperture priority.
On Saturday I got the following kit for £30.
Tamron adaptall 2 28mm f2.5 and 70-150mm f3.5 with two m42 and a minolta mount.
Fujinon 55mm f1.8
Minolta Dynax with standard zoom and a Sony 75-300.
Minolta X300 and Fuji bodies.
Centon df300 with centon zoom.
Boxed Canon Ixus aps.
Lots of filters and six rolls of Fuji Superia 120 film.
Not a bad weekend. Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:15 am    Post subject: thrift shop dslr Reply with quote

a few weeks ago, I found a Nikon d200 dslr in a thrift shop for $40. After getting it home and putting
a charged battery in it, it was dead. I still got $150 for it on ebay sold as is not working.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just what I need: Another 135 lens!

Pentacon MC Electric 2.8/135 from the house clearance man on the market. The optics and blades are clean, the focus is smooth, the aperture ring clicks on all stops, but there is a ding on the built-in hood and no caps or case. £5 only. I'll try it out tomorrow.