Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Nikkor 50mm F2 AI/S
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Victor Nguyen wrote:
I have 2 nikkor lenses: the 24mm and 55mm macro and both of them are just so sharp. Wish that they didn't turn the wrong way though.

It must be a nice lens. I have a much earlier version Nikkor H Auto and I love it. The only thing I don't like is the minimum focus distance of 60 cm. Later versions focus down to 40cm.

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

How sharp?

Laughing Laughing Laughing

I was focussing on the winter morning dew dripping off the stamen onto the pink petals.

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well i know what my next lens will be.

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nikonshooter wrote:
Well i know what my next lens will be.

Laughing Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's another

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's pre-AI and AI version of the lens, both 6 element in 4 groups (so not a Tessar design). But I don't think there's an AI-S version.

I should use mine more.

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have more samples.

This lens is stunning!

Here's a crop at full resolution. Sorry about how I cropped this but thanks to this website I have started selling my photographs and I need to be careful with what I display on the internet.

Yes it's in mid flight!

Attila you have a top site! Cool Laughing Shocked

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's another crop. Yes it's a metallic body on the fly. It's minuscule and hovers like a humming bird.

Tiny camouflaged spiders wait on the petals for the perfect moment to pounce. (Yes I even nabbed a few shots of these spiders with the Minolta Rokkor MC 50mm f1.4.

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have similar picture here... But it is not a Nikon lens and I had extension tube, I think 25 something... It is taken with one of my two favorite 50mm lenses. Laughing

and one slightly overexposed, but I like it...

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This lens is superb.

I can't post the images right now but click through to my blog

http://www.parabellumfoto.com/roughened-silver-orb-spider-catching-breakfast/

That's macro but I just had the lens on my camera. No extension tube needed!

From memory I cropped the image a little. Otherwise it's straight out of the camera!

Shocked

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No extension tubes used. This shoot took a lot of time to make but when focus was correctly made it resolved the image exceptionally.

One sharp lens!
Shocked

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was about two metres away from this Rainbow Lorikeet.

It was eating the nectar off the Bottlebrush.

From memory shot at f5.6.

This lens is very versatile.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Victor Nguyen wrote:
I have 2 nikkor lenses: the 24mm and 55mm macro and both of them are just so sharp. Wish that they didn't turn the wrong way though.

The bayonet mount or the focussing? Nikon focussing direction is the same as Pentax - for me it's my Minolta lenses that
focus the "wrong" way. Nikon's bayonet mount seems very strange, though! Razz

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

parabellumfoto wrote:
I was about two metres away from this Rainbow Lorikeet.

It was eating the nectar off the Bottlebrush.

From memory shot at f5.6.

This lens is very versatile.

I can see that this lens is a favourite of yours.
Very nice lens too.
Cheers
OH

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought the nikkor 50mm f 1.2 is suppose to be the sharpest at f2? It's going to be my next lens and I'm supa excited. Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oldhand wrote:

Very nice lens too.
Cheers
OH

Thanks OH,

I have been sick so I haven't been doing much. Something inside me said 'get up and go and take pictures.' I don't know why but I did and a come across a wild Lorikeet that's almost at eye level. Most of the time these parrots fly away when you get too close. This one and two of his buddies in another tree were showing off to me. I don't know why.

Yes it's the one lens that has been glued to my camera since I got it but that's changing as I get more decent lenses. This one is still hard to beat. I reckon it's a very overlooked lens because of the faster 50mm lenses available. I have done some research and this is one of Nikon's very first lens designs.

I'm definitely going to buy a second copy that's in better condition than my current copy but for now my worn out copy does the job (excellently).

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a native Australian bee. It's about half the size of the European bee.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interestingly, of all the old cheap 50mm nikkor f1.8(2.0) AIS what is the most artistic ? I found almost no information. According to the table (http://www.photosynthesis.co.nz/nikon/lenses.html) there were many different versions. Like as early 50/2 planar praise and "elongated" (not pancakes) AIS version. Who can say anything ?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sergun wrote:
Who can say anything ?

Check out Marco Cavina.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

parabellumfoto wrote:
Oldhand wrote:

Very nice lens too.
Cheers
OH

Thanks OH,

I have been sick so I haven't been doing much. Something inside me said 'get up and go and take pictures.' I don't know why but I did and a come across a wild Lorikeet that's almost at eye level. Most of the time these parrots fly away when you get too close. This one and two of his buddies in another tree were showing off to me. I don't know why.

Yes it's the one lens that has been glued to my camera since I got it but that's changing as I get more decent lenses. This one is still hard to beat. I reckon it's a very overlooked lens because of the faster 50mm lenses available. I have done some research and this is one of Nikon's very first lens designs.

I'm definitely going to buy a second copy that's in better condition than my current copy but for now my worn out copy does the job (excellently).

This is an outstanding lens and the marketplace has started to discover it. Prices for Nikkor 2/50's are about the same as Nikkor 1.4/50's at the moment, and for good reason.
A classic for sure
Tom

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The title of this thread is incorrect. There's no AI-S version of Nikkor 50mm Æ’/2, only 4 versions in Nikon F mount:

* pre-AI H
* pre-AI H.C
* pre-AI K
* AI

Two Samples:

AI version, DSC_5373 by Brian Zhou, on Flickr

H.C version on helicoid adapter, _DSC4864 by Brian Zhou, on Flickr

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eno789 wrote:
There's no AI-S version of Nikkor 50mm Æ’/2, only 4 versions in Nikon F mount:

That's right but I'm not asking only about version 2.0 but also about its follower 1.8, which as written is the best possible.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got the version (pre-AI K).
samples A7R
1, 4 - wide open
2,5,7 - F2.8
6 - F4
3 - pano f5.6

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The next monday I will take off the post office, my new lens:

Mikkor 50/2 H. And, because of what I had read here, and in others places too, it's a great lens

I have a Nikkor 50/1,8 AIS- Perhaps the F/2 should have more sharpness and better colors.