Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

what are the biggest bargains you have found?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_is 25mm f1.2 CCTV lens 20-25 USD available looks all time, damn fine even at wide open.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
big_is 25mm f1.2 CCTV lens 20-25 USD available looks all time, damn fine even at wide open.

Attila, have you a link because I only find 25mm f1.4 cctv.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Minolfan wrote:
Morteza Herati wrote:
I think Zenit 19 has problem ( it work the same in all shutter speed condition) is this problem for the lack of battery , because the battery is fiinished

Sorry, but the Zenit 19 has a mechanical shutter; a battery is needed for the lightmeter only. The shutter has other problems Sad

Actually, the Zenit 19's shutter IS electronic. If I'm not mistaken, it was the first Soviet camera with an electronically timed shutter. Without a battery the shutter defaults to 1/1000s - somewhat strange when compared to other similar camera's, like the Yashica Electro X, of the Memotron, whose shutters default to 1/90s.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

konicamera wrote:
Actually, the Zenit 19's shutter IS electronic. If I'm not mistaken, it was the first Soviet camera with an electronically timed shutter.

You are right, I made a mistake. Embarassed Embarassed
The shutter IS "electromechanical".

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have bought myself a very nice camera lot;
1 Zenit-4 camera with the Vega-3 lens
2. Sokol automat. A specific russian RF that has been made by the LOMO factory.
3 A 1934 Fed NKVD model with the original Idustar-10 ( AKA Fed f3,5/5cm) lens. This is an insainly rare camera.
4 Jupiter-9 kiev/contax mount 1961 eddition
5 and last but not least a pre war ( pre 1928 ) Leica I that has been moddified to a interchangeble lens leica II and then has been "moddified" to a Fed model 1 type B camera. ( the top plate has been changed + original but again modidies pre war, pre 1928 Leitz Elma f3,5/50mm lens.

Paid 120 USD for everything.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WELL. I am kinda a bargain hunter.

I purchased on a whim (didn't look anything up on ebay or anything) a box from a guy off craigslist with Konica lenses in it, they were 55mm macro w/ macro tube, 135 3.5, 50 1.7, UC 28mm 1.8, and UC 80-200 .... I paid $125... just the 28mm 1.8 is worth over $1000 easy

Then recently I bought 4 huge boxes of cameras and lenses from a guy for 300... yashica t4, ricoh r1, Nikon FG, 5 Canonet QL17 G-III's, many many lenses Super tak 50 1.4 8 blade, and about 25 more camera bodies all high end, 40 more lenses all at least decent, easily 2 or 3 grand worth of stuff

I just picked up a Jupiter 21m from a pawn shop for $25

Nikon FA w/ 55mm 2.8 micro nikkor for 40 bucks.

Canon A1 w/ tamron sp 35-80 and 70-210 and topcon slr with 2 lenses... 40 bucks.

2 minolta slr's srt-201 and Xg-1 both minolta rokkor 50mm 1.4's - $50

Some deals you guys would never believe... pentax-m 50 1.4 and ME super for $5... stuff like that.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all;
On my way to Winnipeg I thought I should stop at a thrift shop in Niverville Manitoba. It is a small town
of app.5000 to 6000 people. Usually they don,t have anything interesting.
But this time they had two cameras that I was pleased to see. Always wanting to know what the story
is behind anything I find , the volunteer proceeded to tell me that these cameras were on silent auction for
close to a month and didn,t even receive one bid...nada...nuscht. Then said that he just wanted to get rid
of them. All I had with me was a twenty dollar bill and showed it to him. He then said "are you sure you
want to give me that much ?" "Yes " I said "it is going for a good cause." (mcc.org)
So instead of spending my 20 bucks on lunch I got...a Yashica C tlr in good working condition and a
Butcher,s Famous Carbine with a 6inch f4.9 ross express ( thought of you Ian) in a compur shutter. The
body and bellows are in very ratty shape but the shutter and lens are usable and clear.
And just as a subnote check out....oldlenses.blogspot.ca....very interesting.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last month I got Konica 24mm f/2.8 and 40mm f/1.8 for about 10 USD.
And two weeks ago found a very nice olympus set of 24mm 2.8, 50mm 1.8 and 75-150mm f/4 lenses, OM-2 camera body and some accessories for about 30 USD. OM-2 body really looks good and with it's amazing viewfinder and a huge field of view it's a real joy just to look through it. It made me to insert a roll of film in and start shooting film...it was, I think, about 10 years since I did it last time. Smile
After checking for how much these olympus lenses go on ebay, they are quite cheap compared to other lenses (especially if you consider that they are easily adaptable to DSLR). Isn't Olympus considered premium?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all.

My best purchases must be:

Tamron twin-Tele 135/4.5 (Exakta mount) - £8
Minolta macro extension tubes - £3 came with original Minolta E-adapter

Check out here:http://forum.mflenses.com/tamron-135mm-f4-5-twin-tele-225mm-some-snaps-t37559.html

A very good condition & working Zenit-E (1973) with Helios-44-2 2/58 (M42 mount) - £3

MD Rokkor-x 45mm 1:2 (Minolta MD mount)- £5

SMC Pentax-A 1:1.7 50mm - £4

Cosinon Auto MC 28mm 2.8 (M42 mount) - £4

AICO telephoto135mm 1:3.5 c/w AICO auto convertor 2.X (Exakta mount) - 99 UK pence

Most recently

E. Ludwig Meritar 2.9/5 0 c/w rear cap & UV filter (Exakta mount) - 99 UK pence
Steinheil Munchen Culmigon 1:4.5 f=35mm c/w front & rear caps (Exakta mount) - 99 UK pence
Super-Takumar 1:3.5/135 c/w original lens hood & rear cap (M42 mount) - 99 UK pence
Leningrad 4 light meter

Check out the above here: http://forum.mflenses.com/guess-what-i-bought-for-2-97-4-54-t58107.html#1311904

I have the till receipt somewhere, showing my 4 items of photographic equipment at £0.99 per item. These were found and purchased on Good Friday this year, indeed it was!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:

i have ordered one on your recommendation. It'd better be good!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look forward your success, hopefully you will like it too.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

150 rolls 120 for 120 EUR, positive and b&w, I dont think it is a bad price at all. Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kyonthinh wrote:
150 rolls 120 for 120 EUR, positive and b&w, I dont think it is a bad price at all. Very Happy

Not bad! Almost as good as the 700+ rolls of 120 & 220 and a whole bunch of Fuji and Polaroid instant film packs, including about 100 rolls of Konica IR750 that I got for $600 several years ago Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rawhead wrote:
kyonthinh wrote:

Not bad! Almost as good as the 700+ rolls of 120 & 220 and a whole bunch of Fuji and Polaroid instant film packs, including about 100 rolls of Konica IR750 that I got for $600 several years ago Very Happy

Wow that's a great deal. Shocked
Mine came yesterday, the seller give me extra 15 tungsten slide and a letter, a very good man. Laughing

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I finally got a deal, I think. Today I picked up a Soligor 28mm f/2.8 at a thrift shop for $4 USD. Exceptionally clean. From the serial number it looks like a Tokina made in 1967. When I figure out the mount type and get a Canon adapter I'll post some shots, but so far when free-lensing it looks really good.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sammo wrote:
Last month I got Konica 24mm f/2.8 and 40mm f/1.8 for about 10 USD.
And two weeks ago found a very nice olympus set of 24mm 2.8, 50mm 1.8 and 75-150mm f/4 lenses, OM-2 camera body and some accessories for about 30 USD. OM-2 body really looks good and with it's amazing viewfinder and a huge field of view it's a real joy just to look through it. It made me to insert a roll of film in and start shooting film...it was, I think, about 10 years since I did it last time. Smile
After checking for how much these olympus lenses go on ebay, they are quite cheap compared to other lenses (especially if you consider that they are easily adaptable to DSLR). Isn't Olympus considered premium?

Nice! I LOVE Olympus glass and Olympus SLR's. They're my favorite for sure. That's one heck of a deal too!

kyonthinh wrote:
rawhead wrote:
kyonthinh wrote:

Wow that's a great deal. Shocked
Mine came yesterday, the seller give me extra 15 tungsten slide and a letter, a very good man. Laughing

Looks great! Where did you score that deal?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Users/jordan/Desktop/Hexanon 400mm f4.5.jpg/Users/jordan/Desktop/Hexanon 400mm f4.5.jpg

Posted these few days ago on forum, Now received. 400mm cost $120.0
Mamiya 85mm f2.8 PK mount. $50.00

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TijmenDal wrote:
Looks great! Where did you score that deal?

I got it in one German listing site, the sellers sells his films along with his ETRSi. I asked him to sell individually and he agreed, with that quote I cant resist. Laughing

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi I picked up a Tokina 21mm f3.8 in MD fit for £37 on ebay. I'm extremely pleased with this and can't wait to get my NEX adapter. I used it this weekend on my Minolta XG2 and the NEX with a home made adapter and the angle of view is amazing - I've never owned anything wider than a 28mm.

lens

A couple of pix. First taken on the NEX, experimenting with HC b&w in the menu

next: Taken with the Minolta. Self developed Lucky 100 film. Soft in the middle due to ridiculous film curvature

As wide as it is you've really got to be spot on with the focus at wide aperture.

I'm dead chuffed with this!! I only wish I could use it on my Nikon DSLR too!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spending $525 would seem like too much to qualify for a bargain, but in this case it did. For that I got a Nikon FM2 and four Nikkor lenses: 50mm f1.2 AIS, 28mm f3.5 AI, 105mm f2.5 AIS and 80-200mm f2.8 AF-D two-ring zoom, plus a couple of flashes and some odds and ends in a nice case -- all from the original owner and all in excellent condition. I then resold the 80-200mm for $650. Which makes, I think, for a pretty good deal.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

philslizzy wrote:
Hi I picked up a Tokina 21mm f3.8 in MD fit for £37 on ebay. I'm extremely pleased with this and can't wait to get my NEX adapter. I used it this weekend on my Minolta XG2 and the NEX with a home made adapter and the angle of view is amazing - I've never owned anything wider than a 28mm.

lens

A couple of pix. First taken on the NEX, experimenting with HC b&w in the menu

next: Taken with the Minolta. Self developed Lucky 100 film. Soft in the middle due to ridiculous film curvature

As wide as it is you've really got to be spot on with the focus at wide aperture.

I'm dead chuffed with this!! I only wish I could use it on my Nikon DSLR too!

21mm lenses are a revelation after only experiencing a 28mm.
You will wonder how you thought that a 28mm was a wide angle lens.
Good find.
OH

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gaeger wrote:
Spending $525 would seem like too much to qualify for a bargain, but in this case it did. For that I got a Nikon FM2 and four Nikkor lenses: 50mm f1.2 AIS, 28mm f3.5 AI, 105mm f2.5 AIS and 80-200mm f2.8 AF-D two-ring zoom, plus a couple of flashes and some odds and ends in a nice case -- all from the original owner and all in excellent condition. I then resold the 80-200mm for $650. Which makes, I think, for a pretty good deal.

That is like someone giving you the Nikon FM2 and three Nikkor lenses: 50mm f1.2 AIS, 28mm f3.5 AI, 105mm f2.5 AIS - as well as $125 for taking them off his hands.
I would call that a bargain.
Cheers
OH

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gaeger wrote:

It's indeed a bargain. Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oldhand wrote:

21mm lenses are a revelation after only experiencing a 28mm.
You will wonder how you thought that a 28mm was a wide angle lens.
Good find.
OH

Thanks.

Damn right it is a revelation!! The thing is; on the NEX it is a proper wide angle lens equal to about 30mm or so.

I have been using a 28mm pretty well as a standard lens anyway a Komine Vivitar 28mm f2.8 FD fit on my Sony NEX (because its small) and an Zuiko 28mm f3.5 on the Nikkormat (because I made it fit).

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah 21mm is wide, but try a 15mm on FF, now THAT is frickin W I D E ! ! !