Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

what are the biggest bargains you have found?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
K something sensor for sure, fine camera really, I have it too. I rarely use it with manual lens , usually use it for handheld HDR shoots, with 20-50 lens.

I tried it today using the FD f3.5 50mm macro and it works very well... the focus assist is cool, and seems very accurate? How do you do your HDR pictures? Presumably exposure bracketing then compositing in something like Photoshop?

I have tried HDR in-camera on my K5 but the weather here has been too dull to get ANY sort of contrast or D/R lol

Doug

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In dull weather works pretty well.
Yes I use exposure bracketing -1 0 +1 three shoots or more in serial. I do shoot handhelds and use Photomatix to stich them , I like un-real HDR.

http://forum.mflenses.com/samsung-nx-100-20-50-hdr-t47305,highlight,%2Bhdr.html

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
In dull weather works pretty well.
Yes I use exposure bracketing -1 0 +1 three shoots or more in serial. I do shoot handhelds and use Photomatix to stich them , I like un-real HDR.

http://forum.mflenses.com/samsung-nx-100-20-50-hdr-t47305,highlight,%2Bhdr.html

Thanks for the info!

Smile

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A rare Minolta X-600 for 35 bucks, dont know it is good price or not, never seen any on ebay. Confused

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kyonthinh wrote:
A rare Minolta X-600 for 35 bucks, dont know it is good price or not, never seen any on ebay. Confused

I would say it's very cheap, it's 1983 model for Japan only, manual with focus confirmation.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nurkov wrote:

I would say it's very cheap, it's 1983 model for Japan only, manual with focus confirmation.

Thanks, it seems very little info on this camera.

Another guy came before me, he saw this and bought a X-700. Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

X-600 was released in 1983 together with X-500 in Japan. As far as I know, this model was sold only in Japan, and one year after 7000 was released, this one was discontinued. Minolta made only ten thousand X600s in a few years (much fewer than other SLRs.)

X-600 has a focus aid function that Minolta calls Speed focus system. You can easily focus depending on LED indication in a view finder that shows you which way to turn a focusing ring. TCL module enables this function. TCL means Through the camera. This focusing sensor was made by one America's famous maker and Minolta developed a software that uses TCL module.

I believe that Minolta wanted to try their technology to make an AF camera by making this camera before they released 7000.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't believe my good luck. I just paid a wealthy fellow $525 for a lot of Nikon gear, and that broke my general rule -- don't pay over $50 for a Nikkor -- but that wasn't a lot given what I got. This guy was the original owner, and I didn't bargain with him on price.

FM2 body, black version with 1/250th sync in good condition
Nikkor 28mm f3.5 AI (one of my favorite lenses) in excellent condition
Nikkor 105mm f2.5 AIS (another favorite) in good condition (a small nick on rear element!!!)
Nikkor 50mm f1.2 AIS in excellent condition
Nikkor AF-D 80-200mm f2.8 two-ring zoom, with hood and case, mint condition
Couple of odd flashes and bag

I've never owned either of those last two lenses -- really looking forward to using them!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a great thread. I was lucky with my Flektogon 35/2.4 which I bought for €20. It is in mint condition, absolutely perfect

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grafomefos wrote:
This is a great thread. I was lucky with my Flektogon 35/2.4 which I bought for €20. It is in mint condition, absolutely perfect

Congrats! It is much cheaper than my copy with small defacts!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grafomefos wrote:

I got my Flek for £10 - now one of my favourite lenses. I too have the Pentacon 135 f2.8 - a late M42 version for £8, my Canon FD 50 f1.4 for £10.
My latest find is a Takumar SMC 50mm f1.4 which seems very nice. It was £30 with a non-functioning Spotmatic F attached. I have managed to mend the winder (easier than I thought) and now need a battery to see if the meter works. If not I have just downloaded a light meter app for my phone, and I will get my first roll of film for about 10 years and give it a go, should be fun.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Basilisk wrote:
Grafomefos wrote:

I got my Flek for £10 - now one of my favourite lenses. I too have the Pentacon 135 f2.8 - a late M42 version for £8, my Canon FD 50 f1.4 for £10.
My latest find is a Takumar SMC 50mm f1.4 which seems very nice. It was £30 with a non-functioning Spotmatic F attached. I have managed to mend the winder (easier than I thought) and now need a battery to see if the meter works. If not I have just downloaded a light meter app for my phone, and I will get my first roll of film for about 10 years and give it a go, should be fun.

Ebay?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Basilisk wrote:

Wow, some great bargains there! Where do you hunt? Smile I started collecting MF lenses this January, but I can´t wait to go to some flea markets when they start.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grafomefos wrote:
Basilisk wrote:

Wow, some great bargains there! Where do you hunt? Smile I started collecting MF lenses this January, but I can´t wait to go to some flea markets when they start.

I search junk/antique shops and charity shops. I think old East German stuff is more likely to be undervalued than Japanese. At least in the UK, Praktica cameras were quite popular with impoverished young photographers (like me in 1980) - a step up from Zenit, with TTL metering, but not much more expensive at the time so they sold shedloads. As a result, junk dealers often have piles of battered MTL3's etc, and assume anything with the label "made in the GDR" is not worth much. I even passed over the Flektogon once because it looks like a cheap 1980s plastic thing, even though it is metal construction. The Pentacon 135 too has surpassed my expectation. It is the later design with the 6 blade rear aperture rather than the older 15 blade "bokeh monster". Does anyone know if the optical design is otherwise the same? It certainly has a nice background separation wide open!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://praktica-users.org/lens/mlenses/morp2.8_135.html

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's what I picked up for £3.98 today from Cash Converters: A Bell& Howell 28mm f2.8 OM fit and a Zuiko 135mm f3.5. There was an unnamed zoom lens 80-200mm but very light weight for £1.99 too but I gave that a miss.

The Zuiko is the fourth that I have (28mm f3.5, 35mm f2.8 and 50mm f1.8 being the others) Its in optically clean condition, snappy aperture and smooth focus. The barrel is a little grubby but its a nice lens. The B&H, has a 'slow' diaphragm but that can probably be fixed.

I'm very happy with this pair I'm giving the 135 a go tomorrow on a trip to York.

My 4 Zuikos have cost £17 in total so far.

I've heard theres a Zuiko 200mm f4 for £20 in a city not too far from here. Hmmm....

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

philslizzy wrote:
Here's what I picked up for £3.98 today from Cash Converters:

The bad news for compulsive internet window shoppers with itchy trigger fingers id that they have a website too (my local CC rarely has camera equipment, but I always look)..

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GeorgeSalt wrote:
philslizzy wrote:
Here's what I picked up for £3.98 today from Cash Converters:

The bad news for compulsive internet window shoppers with itchy trigger fingers id that they have a website too (my local CC rarely has camera equipment, but I always look)..

I've looked at the web site and not everything in the shop is on it. And can be a different price. This branch had a GoPro Hero 1 for £25. That wasn't mentioned on the web site. Naturally on my way to the bank they sold it. To a new member of staff who knew what it was.

Conversely they had a Canon SLR with 2 lenses going for £25 online but it wasn't in the shop...

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just won a Flektogon 65mm f/2.8 for 82 pounds...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today I found a Russian lens and camera collection for free Smile))))))

2 Zenit Camera ( Zenit 12ca & Zenit 19)
I think Zenit 19 has problem ( it work the same in all shutter speed condition) is this problem for the lack of battery , because the battery is fiinished

4 m42 lens 1.Helios 44M_ 2.Helios 44M-4 _3.MC MNP 20H 20mm 3.5_ 4.85-200 F4.5

A Video 8 camera with two Film

A national flash

and some convertors for lenses , but I dont understand the mount of them , help me if any one know

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know about the cameras but I would think it's very likely that only one shutter speed is available should the batteries fail so replacing the battery would be my first stop.
Looks like you got some great glass, I would be curious about the kits history, left behind by a soldier during the '80's conflict perhaps?

I found some images taken with the 20mm here:https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=MC+MNP+20H+20mm+3.5&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&channel=rcs

More posts:http://forum.mflenses.com/super-wide-angle-russian-lenses-t47563.html

Last edited by cyrano on Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:50 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah ... I think so , because these stuff didnt use for many years.

I found them from one of my frined , he received these as gift from a Russian many years ago and they use maybe 5 or 10 time ,
I think 20 3.5 is great on Full frame like canon 5D

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Morteza Herati wrote:
I think Zenit 19 has problem ( it work the same in all shutter speed condition) is this problem for the lack of battery , because the battery is fiinished

Sorry, but the Zenit 19 has a mechanical shutter; a battery is needed for the lightmeter only. The shutter has other problems Sad

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Morteza Herati wrote:
Today I found a Russian lens and camera collection for free Smile)))))) ....

....and some convertors for lenses , but I dont understand the mount of them , help me if any one know

The one on the right looks like Nikon and the left, maybe a Start mount. Perhaps these were to replace the screw mount on the Mir 20mm?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got a Mamiya Z 110 2.8 W list as defect, it is in very good condition with both caps. Then I found out its mirror lock up is stuck, 10 seconds and it works like it should, all for 89 EUR.