Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

what are the biggest bargains you have found?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aoleg wrote:
Konica 135/2.5 for 31 EUR

Nice find........come to think of it all Hexanon's are bargains.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aoleg wrote:
CZJ Sonnar 135/3.5 in PB mount (labeled "Prakticar" but same optics as in the Sonnar version; Canon EOS adapters cost $16 shipped!) for 18 EUR

dam i want that hexanon 135 2.5 lol, can't find it for less than 150 USD.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:18 pm    Post subject: german lins Reply with quote

I have just bout these things:
They are in very good condistion what do you think i can get for them sepraly? And what is the most interresting.

only lins:
Pentacon auto 29/2.8 (m42)
Helios 44-2 (m42)
Meyer optik primagon 35/4.5 (do not know mount)
Carl zeiss jena 50/2.8 4155635 ( Exakta )
pentacon 135/2.8 8478533 (m42)

house with lins:
zenit-E --- Pentacon electric 135/2.8
Exa500 --- Meyer optik 2079060 100/2.8
exa 1b ---- Aus jena aus 63126 50/2.8
exa 1b ---- carl zeiss jena ddr 16780 50/2.8

I got for 200 euro

Have a good day

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gyles wrote:
aoleg wrote:

Nice find........come to think of it all Hexanon's are bargains.

Surely hope you are correct. Recently bought a Hexanon 40/1.8 for south of US$40. This seems a fortune to me as I paid only US$5 for my first copy. Of course that first purchase was made several years ago, before the m4/3 mirrorless juggernaut. Sad

I enjoy lenses for their own sake and I've yet to flip one. But I do try to accumulate lenses which might represent a store of value. I view the shorter Hexanons, in this regard, as a play on possible future emergence of m4/3 cameras having larger sensors than at present, but with the same registration distance. Will this come to pass? Dunno. Even if not, the Hexanons work well with existing m4/3 cameras and should continue to be valuable.

But it's important to remember Hexanon (and most other older) MF lenses provide an image circle of sufficient size to cover a full-size 35mm frame. That's not chopped liver. And should a large-sensor m4/3 camera ever emerge, a 40mm lens will return to being a mild wide-angle lens.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The last 4 weeks I bought 1 Helios-44 and 2 Helios-44-2, each came with a camera, and all 3 Helios were assembled wrong. At aperature-ring-position 2.0 the blades are closed and at 16 wide open. One lens couldn't even reach position 16, only 11. Luckily it was paid with PayPal and ebay gave me the money back including shipping. So I got at least 1 Helios-44-2 for free.
So today I ordered another Helios-44 and hope this one is ok. I will repair the other 3 by time but would be nice to have good lens first.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lenny On Ice wrote:
The last 4 weeks I bought 1 Helios-44 and 2 Helios-44-2, each came with a camera, and all 3 Helios were assembled wrong. At aperature-ring-position 2.0 the blades are closed and at 16 wide open. One lens couldn't even reach position 16, only 11. Luckily it was paid with PayPal and ebay gave me the money back including shipping. So I got at least 1 Helios-44-2 for free.
So today I ordered another Helios-44 and hope this one is ok. I will repair the other 3 by time but would be nice to have good lens first.

I'm wondering if perhaps you're looking at the wrong marking on the H44-2s

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

peterqd wrote:
Lenny On Ice wrote:

Thank you Peter, seems all 3 lenses work fine. I even didn't recognize that the outer ring is moveable, it's so stiff. Now I have a nice xmas gift. Thank you so much.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's OK, lots of people before you have been puzzled by the dot on the inner ring. That's why I made the picture.

Now I'm wondering perhaps you should send the money back. Smile

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got a Mamiya/Sekor 55mm F1.4 for $15 a few days ago. Already have a copy, but can't say no to for the price. Smile It's one of my favorite lenses along with the Konica Hexanon 57mm F1.4.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RebelNex wrote:
Got a Mamiya/Sekor 55mm F1.4 for $15 a few days ago. Already have a copy, but can't say no to for the price. Smile It's one of my favorite lenses along with the Konica Hexanon 57mm F1.4.

I wouldn't be able to turn it down either. Smile

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RebelNex wrote:

OK, that's theft, pure and simple! Smile

Or else Christmas came a few days early!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

peterqd wrote:
That's OK, lots of people before you have been puzzled by the dot on the inner ring. That's why I made the picture.

Now I'm wondering perhaps you should send the money back. Smile

+1
A refund for something that has not fault at all, isn't on, imo.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tadays haul was a Yashica FX-D Quartz, Yashica DSB 50/1.9, some weird Sigma 200/4 dual-focus thing (System Focusing?) in C/Y, and an INA 135/3.5 in M52. I've never honestly seen any of the 3 lenses, but I love my 50's, so was parted with £30 for the lot.

EDIT.

The Sigma is very soft apparently. Ah well. Th eDSB 50 is decent, but not an ML, but I can't dig a thing up on the INA. I did find a couple of pictures, but from what I can see, I have a different/variation of lens. I assume they re-branded other lenses. If anyone has any info, I'll be putting a thread (with pictures) up after my munchies.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

clockwork247 wrote:
aoleg wrote:
CZJ Sonnar 135/3.5 in PB mount (labeled "Prakticar" but same optics as in the Sonnar version; Canon EOS adapters cost $16 shipped!) for 18 EUR

dam i want that hexanon 135 2.5 lol, can't find it for less than 150 USD.

Watch ebay.de, I've seen at lest 3 copies of Hexanon 135/2.5 sold for about this price during the last couple of months (one of them went to me). Talk to the seller, and he might just agree to ship abroad (German sellers are often reluctant to do so). Finally, it's good to know that shipping with "Deutsche Post Brief, Einschreiben" only costs a few Euros (about 16 EUR for a package of up to 2 kg) to anywhere in the world, and this service comes with tracking and some limited insurance (up to 50 EUR I believe).

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only one that I found, is the chrome old elmarit M 2,8/90 (previous to the tele-elmarit).

I purchased it for only the equivalent to E 12.

Plenty of fungus and with the aperture ring slow, very slow.

The aperture ring is fixed now, I did it.

The fungus marks are there, nothing to do.

But it is very sharp, anyways.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got myself a nice Nikon set for $90 CAD.

- Nikkormat Body
- Nikkor-S 50mm f1.4 lens
- Soligor 135mm f2.8 lens (t4 mount with Nikon adapter)
- Nikon Series E 50mm f1.8 (I now have 2 version of this lens!)
- A whole bunch of 49mm and 52mm filters (2 polarizing, 1 ND, 1 Cross screen, 2 Center Focus and a bunch of colored one [10+]).

Everything looks like it's in good shape, the Nikkor-S is a bit "wobbly" when removed from the body, but I think that's normal...?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I once scored a Mamiya C33 TLR with the 80mm lens set, and the prism finder with case for only $200. Loved that setup and the
lenses were excellent quality. The prism alone was worth $200.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I scored my 1000mm F8 takumar off ebay for under $600 about 15 years ago. Good deal considering the list price adjusted for inflation is over $4k today. Came with a big dedicated wooden tripod too.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lenny On Ice wrote:
peterqd wrote:
Lenny On Ice wrote:

Thank you Peter, seems all 3 lenses work fine. I even didn't recognize that the outer ring is moveable, it's so stiff. Now I have a nice xmas gift. Thank you so much.

Man, the quality of the barrels on some of these russian lenses really looks horrid!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hifisapi wrote:
Man, the quality of the barrels on some of these russian lenses really looks horrid!

I expect you'll look horrid too when you're as old as that lens. A pristine lens indicates it hasn't been used very much - a worn one
indicates the owner couldn't put it down. Which would you rather have?

Oh, and it was made by MMZ in Minsk, Belarus, not Russia.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hifisapi wrote:

As with everything in life, this varies. Some are, most are not. My Tair 3C and Helios 44-2 are lovely. Personally, I'd be calling out first Canon 18-55 kit lens for look and feel, quality wise. To follow Peter's observation, do You think the Canon 18-55 will still be going in 20, 30 or 40 years, and still retain enough about it to look desirable?

Even my cheapest, nastiest, mass produced 50mm MF lens walks over that.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

peterqd wrote:
hifisapi wrote:

I expect you'll look horrid too when you're as old as that lens. A pristine lens indicates it hasn't been used very much - a worn one
indicates the owner couldn't put it down. Which would you rather have?

Oh, and it was made by MMZ in Minsk, Belarus, not Russia.

I wasnt commenting on the condition, I was commenting on the quality of construction. It just seems a little crude.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hifisapi wrote:
I wasnt commenting on the condition, I was commenting on the quality of construction. It just seems a little crude.

That's OK Smile Crudeness is endemic for all Russian lenses, it's part of their charm!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bargains lost for a change? Nikon f3 HP, 135 2.8 and a freakin Noct for 350 euro... Included some other stuff also, tha along with the f3 more than covered the expence... Bummer.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:57 pm    Post subject: Pentacon Electric 50mm f1.8 on D800 model photo example Reply with quote

Pentacon 50/1.8 M42 fit. Great little lens Wink

Pentacon Electric 50/1.8 on D800 by MatthewOsbornePhotography_, on Flickr

Last edited by MatthewOsbornePhotography on Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:54 am; edited 1 time in total