Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

The new LEICA world premiere 09.09.09!!
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:31 pm    Post subject: The new LEICA world premiere 09.09.09!! Reply with quote

Watch it live here (german)
http://de.leica-camera.com/news/news/1/6741.html?mid=502
or here (english):
http://www.prophotohome.com/leica-press-conference%20-090909?utm_source=MailingList&utm_medium=email&utm_content=Fotodiox+Newsletter+Canon+7D+Epson+3880

I wonder what it will be about - wanna guess?

Last edited by kds315* on Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surely the Leica M9!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

full-frame sensor on M-body, I am also willing to bet money on an M9

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:04 pm    Post subject: Re: The new LEICA world premiere 09.09.09!! Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:
Watch it live here:
http://de.leica-camera.com/news/news/1/6741.html?mid=502

I wonder what it will be about - wanna guess?

I think it will be about 9 minutes and 9 seconds long.
Also about 9 years too late to save the company Wink

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or maybe some new spyglasses ........

Ok, surely a M9, a Panasonic GF1 clone with Leica label and some new lenses. Wink

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

9 years down the line we shall pay 9 times the price and get 9 times the satisfaction of holding a Leica. Wink

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shiladitya wrote:
9 years down the line we shall pay 9 times the price and get 9 times the satisfaction of holding a Leica. Wink

Laughing

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Suits me.
I'll wait nine years until it's nine times cheaper, with a mere 9K shots on it. Smile

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, no, don't tell me Leica is giving out free cameras and lens for the first 999 people. Laughing

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did not mean to sound so crass.
Recently I actually had an excellent customer service experience with Leica.

This whole gimmcky secracy does not suit them.
Folks will be dishing out $10k for an M9 Summicron35 package.
Creating a circus (and it has become online) over the speculation of this camera is kind of childish.
If it needs this much fanfare to get people excited......... How good can it be?
Stay tuned to channel 9 for 7 more days.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

F16SUNSHINE wrote:
Also about 9 years too late to save the company Wink

Very Happy

I agree. I just hope they can back up the hype they create with this, because otherwise it will backfire at them. Apart from guessing, there is no indication that M9 will be full-frame.

Hardcore Leicaphiles will embrace any new M-series body, just like racehorses who have their flanks covered to see only where they're steered. No other camera brand (not even Hasselblad) has built such brand equity and established loyalty among its users.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

999? It must be some sort of emergency.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What makes me wonder is, what kind of real people is going to buy a 10.000 Euros rangefinder?
I mean, aside from those few wealthy lucky ones with a lot of money and time on their hands.
Studio work, you do it with medium or large format cameras. Most medium format cameras and some large format cameras also can be fit with a digital back which will kill this and any other digital M series rangefinder in the future.
Reporters, who shoot live in action, will take a couple of Leica M9 to, say, a war scene?
How large is the market segment of Leica aficionados who are ready and willing to spend large money in these recession times?

As an amateur who can not justify huge expenses on camera tools I for sure would love the M9 but I know perfectly that I will never be able to afford it as so I think it's the 99% people on this forum.
Maybe if I sold every camera and lens that I have I would be able to buy a M9 but it's something I don't want to do.

So it really puzzles me what could be the business behind such a camera.
I don't think there are many hobbyists ready to spend a 10.000 Euros on a camera.
So I don't really see the M9 make it unless it's placed under the 5.000 Euros price line and that's not going to happen. Question

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
What makes me wonder is, what kind of real people is going to buy a 10.000 Euros rangefinder?
I mean, aside from those few wealthy lucky ones with a lot of money and time on their hands.

That's exactly the groups of persons they are aiming at.
And there are more of them than we think...

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Need premium priced camera for reach people , only the problem I can't afford it Wink

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Premium price for premium people. Laughing

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LucisPictor wrote:
Orio wrote:

That's exactly the groups of persons they are aiming at.
And there are more of them than we think...
\

Or maybe not ...

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hands-on M9 preview

hands-on X1 preview

I guess the S2 is not really news.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well that was fast, lenstip has RAW comparisons of M9 with Canon EOS 1Ds MkIII, Nikon D3x and Sony A900

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Must be many potential buyers cause the last link is down Laughing

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hexi wrote:
Must be many potential buyers cause the last link is down Laughing

I am not a potential buyer but just curious to see the photos and comparison. Will try it another time.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lenstip link is dead for me too.
The M9 samples at DPReview don't impress me much, I have to say. Looking pretty flat and also the sharpness isn't what I am accustomed to from my Leica R lenses.
But I will suspend my judgement on the camera until I see some samples taken with some serious ZM lenses on it Wink

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's TIME for ZEISS --

If ZEISS is strong enough to beat LEICA in Price/Quality balance again -- they'll win -- Smile

I have to laugh -- only ZEISS can do it !!

So, we need to send him a letter !!!! PLease, RESPOND to the LEICA new announcement !!!

Smile

tf

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

trifox wrote:
I think it's TIME for ZEISS --
If ZEISS is strong enough to beat LEICA in Price/Quality balance again -- they'll win -- Smile
I have to laugh -- only ZEISS can do it !!
So, we need to send him a letter !!!! PLease, RESPOND to the LEICA new announcement !!!
Smile
tf

I have read somewhere that Zeiss has already stated that they will not enter the DRF market.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we should develop our OWN rangefinder

MF LENSES RANGEFINDER DIGITAL -- 24 MPX - universal mount -- Smile

any suggestions? Smile

tf