Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

The new LEICA world premiere 09.09.09!!
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

trifox wrote:
I think we should develop our OWN rangefinder

MF LENSES RANGEFINDER DIGITAL -- 24 MPX - universal mount -- Smile

any suggestions? Smile

tf

6x7 Koni Omega without any changes , it's just fine Laughing

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
I have read somewhere that Zeiss has already stated that they will not enter the DRF market.

I read many times that Nikon had stated they would not enter full-frame 35mm DSLR market...

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ptodd wrote:
Orio wrote:
I have read somewhere that Zeiss has already stated that they will not enter the DRF market.

I read many times that Nikon had stated they would not enter full-frame 35mm DSLR market...

But while Nikon's business core is in the SLR cameras, Zeiss focus has always been on the lenses. With a few notable exceptions (the Contax rangefinder in the 30s, the Ikontas in the 50s).
The cameras of the 70s 80s and 90s were in fact Japanese designs made by Kyocera. The same also goes for the ZI rangefinder camera which is the most recent and owes a lot to the collaboration with Cosina.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish Zeiss/Cosina made FF dRF camera, tho Zeiss does not want to make
one due to economically infeasible for them to produce such camera. Evil or Very Mad

About new X-1 from Leica, the body is made in japan not by Panasonic.
It has 11 AF point with face recognition, so you can search such P&S
camera made in japan. The most suitable candidate is Nikon's, and
new rumor says Nikon will enter into APC-S size sensor P&S market
similar to X-1 camera. Not sure this one is interchangeable lens one or not.

X-1 is a fixed lens camera, Leica does not want to hurt sales of M9. Surprised

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
ptodd wrote:
Orio wrote:

But while Nikon's business core is in the SLR cameras, Zeiss focus has always been on the lenses.

You're right - indeed, I was being somewhat facetious. I would be pretty surprised to actually see Zeiss produce a DRF. Nonetheless, I've come to treat these statements as not worth the hot air they vibrate through. I suppose not all companies are like Google ("browser, us... never; we do search.... oh, well maybe just the one, but we'll never make our own mobile platform... ok, perhaps we will, but definitely no operating system...").

I digress.